Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds and Realmuto - Part 2

Re: Reds and Realmuto - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    You’d prefer a guy with a 4.40 era in AAA to Peraza? Peraza is really going to have to work extra to win you over, eh?
    I actually really like Peraza and have defended him since the trade. I think my statement was more about Montas as a good young SP but after doing a but more research I don't believe I would prefer Montas over Peraza and its really not close.

2. Likes:

Griffey012 (02-02-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Not sure Siri makes sense considering the presence of Brinson and Victor Victor Mesa. I’d think they’d want some pitching to go along with India and Tucker. If not Vlad, maybe one or more of the Romano/Reed/Stephenson/Sims quartet.
    I'd much prefer a Romano/ Reed/ Sims/ Stephenson to Siri because I'm all about that upside.

I suspect Florida is as well.

Siri could be a Gold Glove RF with 40-40 upside.

All of the pitchers project as decent pieces.

In that park-- with that outfield-- I'd take Siri and not think twice.

Stephenson is worth absolutely nothing.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

Crumbley (02-04-2019),Kirito-Sama (02-02-2019),RiverRat13 (02-02-2019)

So if India/Tucker are a given in this deal.. any guess on who would be the 3rd guy traded? I would be looking at the 11-15 prospect range unless Realmuto agreed to extension

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    And I’ve said all along, I think India/Barnhart/Gutierrez is the trade that makes the most sense for both sides.
    I wouldn’t hate that, but based on The McDaniel/ Mayo report maybe it doesn’t require Gutierrez? I wouldn’t consider him a “lesser” prospect, though he would be when compared to India, which is probably the context. Hopefully the Reds can get the Marlins to go with India/Barnhart and then 1-2 prospects in the 8-20 range of the organization’s rankings. That would be a nice get.

The decrease in infield depth is a valid point brought up in the McDaniel tweet, but the Reds are set at 3B and SS for awhile (I’m not over the moon about Peraza but he’ll do for now) and if Senzel can handle CF then that buys the Reds some time to either find a long-term solution at 2B or get one in CF and move Senzel back to second. I think they have enough depth/options if India were to be moved, and picking where they are in June this year provides the opportunity to get a similar prospect to India. Count me in favor of the Realmuto pursuit if the principles are India/Barnhart.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I actually really like Peraza and have defended him since the trade. I think my statement was more about Montas as a good young SP but after doing a but more research I don't believe I would prefer Montas over Peraza and its really not close.
    Makes sense, Montas stock has really taken a hit since then, I'm kinda surprised the A's haven't made the bullpen move already.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    So if India/Tucker are a given in this deal.. any guess on who would be the 3rd guy traded? I would be looking at the 11-15 prospect range unless Realmuto agreed to extension
    I think that’s probably the deal even with an extension.

One of our 20 4A Pitchers?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

12. Likes:

HammerTime (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    If the Reds are willing to trade India to upgrade the team it'll be interesting to see what they do if this deal falls through. I still like Stroman as a trade target seeing as he's a ground ball machine that doesn't give up the long ball very often.
    I wouldn’t move India for Stroman.

Reds could use India in the system, as a chip (now or later) or just about anywhere on the diamond in a couple of years. I think his defense has been a bit overlooked when evaluating him here; dude is a great athlete, very strong arm and a lot of power at the plate to justify any corner spot. I will gladly trade him for JTR but I’m not dying to deal India.

14. Likes:

Falls City Beer (02-02-2019),HammerTime (02-02-2019),Number_Fourteen (02-03-2019),Revering4Blue (02-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    One of our 20 4A Pitchers?
    One? I’ll give them all 20 lol

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I think that’s probably the deal even with an extension.
    Then I would pull trigger fast on this. Our lineup would be as explosive as any teams and in our ballpark, we could use it.

Then I would pull trigger fast on this. Our lineup would be as explosive as any teams and in our ballpark, we could use it.
    My guess is the Reds aren’t the one from stopping this deal from happening currently.

18. Likes:

mth123 (02-02-2019),Number_Fourteen (02-03-2019),Old school 1983 (02-02-2019),Revering4Blue (02-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    I wouldn’t move India for Stroman.

Reds could use India in the system, as a chip (now or later) or just about anywhere on the diamond in a couple of years. I think his defense has been a bit overlooked when evaluating him here; dude is a great athlete, very strong arm and a lot of power at the plate to justify any corner spot. I will gladly trade him for JTR but I’m not dying to deal India.
    Same.

India would be tough to let go of but Realmuto would be worth it, especially if there is any hope of an extension. But India for Stroman? Hard pass. Stroman would be a reclamation project, not worth anything the level of a Jonathan India. He's a buy low candidate, at least from where I'm sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    In the end I feel like the Reds won that deal, though I really would've preferred Montas at the time. I still probably would straight up against Peraza but with Schebler the Reds got the better package. I think I'm more unhappy that Frazier was eventually packaged with Robertson to get one of my favorite minor leaguers.
    Peraza is the only possible major league SS in the organization right now. We are lucky we have him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    My guess is the Reds aren’t the one from stopping this deal from happening currently.
    Oh I agree with you on this. I would hope Reds see the luxury they have with Suarez, Peraza, and Gennett and be willing to sacrifice India for Realmuto and the potential he could bring to Cincinnati. If our front office can add Kemp, Puig, Farmer, Roark, Wood, Gray and Realmuto and only giving up 3 top 10 prospects, but 2 of which are blocked.... let that sink in.
    Last edited by JP321; 02-02-2019 at 02:09 PM.

23. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (02-02-2019)

Turn Off Ads?