Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds and Realmuto - Part 2

Re: Reds and Realmuto - Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by JP321 View Post
    Oh I agree with you on this. I would hope Reds see the luxury they have with Suarez, Peraza, and Gennett and be willing to sacrifice India for Realmuto and the potential he could bring to Cincinnati. If our front office can add Kemp, Puig, Farmer, Roark, Wood, Gray and Realmuto and only giving up 3 top 10 prospects, but 2 of which are blocked.... let that sink in.
    That would be a hell of an off season.

2. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (02-03-2019),Old school 1983 (02-02-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Just thinking about how our lineup would look, opposing teams would have to respect the power of ALL our hitters. Too many times we have had dead areas in the lineup and always seemed they would be the ones to come to the plate in those clutch moments. I understand guys like Puig arent high average hitters, but the fact that he can get 75% of his barrel on bat and still clear the walls is intriguing.

He still bangs

Just thinking about how our lineup would look, opposing teams would have to respect the power of ALL our hitters. Too many times we have had dead areas in the lineup and always seemed they would be the ones to come to the plate in those clutch moments. I understand guys like Puig arent high average hitters, but the fact that he can get 75% of his barrel on bat and still clear the walls is intriguing.
    This is a good point. Like how a good rotation makes your bullpen better, a solid 1-8 lineup has a cumulative effect where it will even change the way your worst hitter is pitched to (and I’m pretty convinced Peraza is already poised to have a breakout season). If the Reds get Realmuto, every pitcher in the NL Central has to be dreading the fact that they’d have to face this lineup so often in GABP.

6. Likes:

goreds2 (02-02-2019),Old school 1983 (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Stephenson is worth absolutely nothing.
    Mostly agree, but many trades are structured star player on the block, for (1) replacement, lesser big leaguer, (2) high end prospect, (3) lesser, but still solid prospect (4) lotto ticket. Stephenson would be the lotto ticket. Barnhart, India, Guttierrez and R. Stephenson makes sense to me and I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was the Reds. Honestly, if I was Florida, I'd pass on Barnhart and ask for another prospect and turn to the FA scrap heap to address the catching situation. Martin Maldonando is probably everything Barnhart is on defense and not that much a drop from the bat. Devin Mesoraco is still out there. Matt Weiters, Nick HUndley, AJ Ellis, Caleb Joseph. I think I'd want something less fungible than Barnhart. Barnhart is better than most of those guys, but not really enough to be somebody rebuilding team would want IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Left - Scooter, Votto, Winker, Schebler
    Right - Peraza, Suarez, Realmuto, Kemp, Senzel, Puig

That’s pretty balanced, pitchers are going to have a tough time and managers are going to pull their hair out trying to matchup with their bullpen.
    Last edited by Rowsdower; 02-02-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Forgot Yasiel

9. Likes:

goreds2 (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Rowsdower View Post
    Left - Scooter, Votto, Winker, Schebler
    Right - Peraza, Suarez, Realmuto, Kemp, Senzel

That’s pretty balanced, pitchers are going to have a tough time and managers are going to pull their hair out trying to matchup with their bullpen.
    Don't forget Puig, also.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

11. Likes:

Rowsdower (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Mostly agree, but many trades are structured star player on the block, for (1) replacement, lesser big leaguer, (2) high end prospect, (3) lesser, but still solid prospect (4) lotto ticket. Stephenson would be the lotto ticket. Barnhart, India, Guttierrez and R. Stephenson makes sense to me and I'd do it in a heartbeat if I was the Reds. Honestly, if I was Florida, I'd pass on Barnhart and ask for another prospect and turn to the FA scrap heap to address the catching situation. Martin Maldonando is probably everything Barnhart is on defense and not that much a drop from the bat. Devin Mesoraco is still out there. Matt Weiters, Nick HUndley, AJ Ellis, Caleb Joseph. I think I'd want something less fungible than Barnhart. Barnhart is better than most of those guys, but not really enough to be somebody rebuilding team would want IMO.
    But Stephenson isn’t a lotto ticket.

I guess maybe in the sense he is a scratched off losing lotto ticket that is sitting in a drawer because the owner hasn’t thrown it away yet.

A lotto ticket would be like Lyon Richardson or Jacob Heatherly
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Honestly at this point I’d be pretty surprised if a Realmuto deal isn’t announced in the next 24 hours. Too much smoke and it’s dragged on long enough. Like with the Dodgers and Yankees trades, my guess would be the actual deal closely resembles what’s already been reported (ie India/Barnhart plus another piece). The parallels are obvious.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Honestly at this point I’d be pretty surprised if a Realmuto deal isn’t announced in the next 24 hours. Too much smoke and it’s dragged on long enough. Like with the Dodgers and Yankees trades, my guess would be the actual deal closely resembles what’s already been reported (ie India/Barnhart plus another piece). The parallels are obvious.
    I feel the opposite way tbh. Wouldnt be surprised if they dont get him traded before spring training. The Marlins are a joke of a franchise and I dont see them settling for India/Barnhart and a lesser prospect as reported but I'm glad it sounds like the Reds are holding firm.

Asuna's Husband

Remember when Miami asked for Cody Bellinger or Ozzie Albies and then some for JTR? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I hope so. But if the Marlins are just waiting for better offer, I would back out. As much as I would love to have Realmuto, the Reds should have them on a timer. They are the ones with the unhappy player that needs to be moved, not us. Take our offer or go kick rocks.

I hope so. But if the Marlins are just waiting for better offer, I would back out. As much as I would love to have Realmuto, the Reds should have them on a timer. They are the ones with the unhappy player that needs to be moved, not us. Take our offer or go kick rocks.
    Unless the Reds are going to deal those players for somebody else, why withdraw the offer? If they say yes in mid March, it's still an upgrade. If another offer comes along for the guys involved, they can always back-out then.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Unless the Reds are going to deal those players for somebody else, why withdraw the offer? If they say yes in mid March, it's still an upgrade. If another offer comes along for the guys involved, they can always back-out then.
    Why withdraw the offer? So you don't get used, that's why. We don't want to let them use us to their advantage and leverage future offers. It sounds to me like the Reds have no offer officially on the table right now. They're still discussing

If the Reds truly feel their offer is one that is fair and worth it for Realmuto leave it on the table.

I don’t want to be used but Miami is in the drivers seat assuming multiple teams are in on JTR. Just don’t panic and don’t offer more than what you think is fair.

Granted there does come a time to move on but if I’m submitting a trade proposal that I like, I’m not pulling it until I have to. I wouldn’t want to lose out on a player like JTR because of negotiating games with an offer that I submitted and I like.

20. Likes:

Edd Roush (02-02-2019),Number_Fourteen (02-03-2019),Old school 1983 (02-02-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Why withdraw the offer? So you don't get used, that's why. We don't want to let them use us to their advantage and leverage future offers. It sounds to me like the Reds have no offer officially on the table right now. They're still discussing
    Who cares about that? What if the Reds withdraw the offer and the Marlins end up dealing him for something less because one of the teams bidding came off the board? If some other team overpays for Realmuto because the Reds had an offer on the table, why do the Reds are any of us care?

22. Likes:

Old school 1983 (02-02-2019)

Turn Off Ads?