Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part 3..."They have a Cave Troll!"

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    In theory, yes. But unless they really believe in Fred Van Fleet and Delon Wright, I suspect Toronto's going to demand a top-flight PG in return.
    I was thinking three-way with the Raptors, Spurs and Grizzlies. Raptors get Conley.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Washington hung 35 points on the Bucks in the first quarter, and trailed by 15!!

Trivia: If you go by ESPN's Real Plus/Minus, 9 of the top 12 centers are international players, including the top 5. Jokic, Gobert, Vusevic, Embiid, Nurkic, Gasol, Horford, Marjanovic and Pachulia.
    Bosnia has the tallest people in the World according to the latest international studies.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

4. Likes:

texasdave (02-06-2019)

Why? How does this help New Orleans?

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Markieff Morris will be traded to the Pelicans for Wesley Johnson, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Otto Porter was dealt to Chicago earlier on Wednesday and it didn't take long for the Wizards to part ways with Morris. He's still recovering from a serious neck injury but was hoping to take contact soon and potentially return after the All-Star break. The move sheds payroll for the Wizards and gives the Pelicans some frontcourt depth that could come in handy with Anthony Davis, Nikola Mirotic and Julius Randle all in trade talks.

Source: Shams Charania on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Just as I predicted, Aldridge and DeRosen had mysterious injuries pop up and both sat tonight vs GSW. They will have miraculous recoveries tomorrow night in Portland without minutes restrictions.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I was thinking three-way with the Raptors, Spurs and Grizzlies. Raptors get Conley.
    Gotcha. Good thinking.

Something based upon D.Wright or Van Fleet, Lonnie Walker IV and salary ballast -- Pau Gasol returning to the Grizzlies -- and draft compensation heading to Memphis?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Lebron...needa to be quiet about the Harrison Barnes trade. Barnes knew for days he was being discussed in trades. Players have way more control in their destinies now. I think it's a ploy for his boy AD to get fans off his back!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I can't believe they didn't, at the minimum, acquire a 1st Rd pick for Porter. By the time the contracts are up for the players they got or they have to pay an exhorbitant amount to keep them as RFA's, Wall's contract will still be an albatross around their necks. Washington still isn't looking at reality believing they can be competitive while still under Wall's contract. They can't.

Chicago bamboozled them in this deal. Porter, like Oladipo in Oklahoma, was poorly developed and poorly used in Washington.
    For better or worse, the Wiz seem to be focused on avoiding luxury tax territory, while providing enough financial flexibility to sign Satoransky and Bryant to long-term deals. While I agree Porter may well be better of in Chicago -- he seems like the perfect fit with Markannen and Carter Jr. on the front line -- through no fault of his own, Porter's contract is among the worst in the league (Nets fans everywhere should be thankful that Pat Riley and Ernie Grunfeld were both foolish enough to match Brooklyn's offer sheets for Tyler Johnson and Otto Porter, respectively).

No one was handing over a 1st round pick for Porter. They're lucky that they weren't forced to package Porter with a pick of their own or a younger asset like Troy Brown, Satorinsky or Bryant to remove it from their books. As it is, they received salary ballast (Parker), a young player who has outperformed many drafted ahead of him in his class (Portis) and a 2nd round pick. Frankly, I'm surprised Grunfeld did that well under the circumstances. They really need to move Ariza and Green, though, even if doing so requires them to keep Parker to fill out some minutes to do so.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-07-2019)

Why? How does this help New Orleans?

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Markieff Morris will be traded to the Pelicans for Wesley Johnson, according to Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Otto Porter was dealt to Chicago earlier on Wednesday and it didn't take long for the Wizards to part ways with Morris. He's still recovering from a serious neck injury but was hoping to take contact soon and potentially return after the All-Star break. The move sheds payroll for the Wizards and gives the Pelicans some frontcourt depth that could come in handy with Anthony Davis, Nikola Mirotic and Julius Randle all in trade talks.

Source: Shams Charania on Twitter
    My guess: Either..

* Morris may be needed to fill out some minutes when Randle and/or Mirotic are dealt.

* Morris will be re-routed to a contender within hours.

And the draft pick-starved Pelicans will be receiving a future 2nd round pick in the process, per David Aldridge of The Athletic.

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-07-2019)

Good trade by Dallas to unload Barnes and clear cap space as they can get a 3rd star now...Barnes was in a shooting slump all season and not worth the 25 mil price tag, however with Porter being traded he was a commodity to a team like the Kings.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Gotcha. Good thinking.

Something based upon D.Wright or Van Fleet, Lonnie Walker IV and salary ballast -- Pau Gasol returning to the Grizzlies -- and draft compensation heading to Memphis?
    That seems like the general gist of it.

If Robin Lopez receives his buyout, numerous teams will try to add him.

If Robin Lopez receives his buyout, numerous teams will try to add him.
    I still want his brother to change his name to Batman Lopez.

18. Likes:

Chip R (02-07-2019),Revering4Blue (02-07-2019),texasdave (02-07-2019),UKFlounder (02-07-2019)

Adrian Wojnarowski

@wojespn
    Feb 5

The Sixers are budgeting to re-sign and keep a new Big 4, including free agents Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler this summer, league sources tell ESPN. Philadelphia has long-term plans for Harris, Butler, Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons together.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

20. Likes:

M2 (02-07-2019),Revering4Blue (02-07-2019)

Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

Will the Hornets put Davis back in the line up...I would think they would have to as the union would pitch a fit.

Turn Off Ads?