Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2019

Re: College Football 2019

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The Bearcats crack the AP Top 25, coming in 25th in the poll. Ohio State and Georgia are tied for 3rd. https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...no-3-ap-top-25
    Knocked out UCF in the process...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

I was particularly impressed with the defense. They played a very exciting and inspired game, particularly in the 2nd half. They forced the UCF freshman QB into mistakes. Great game
    it is amazing how confidence effects play. Since McKenzie Milton went down, UCF has been able to plug and play QB's that simply are not on the level of Milton. They convinced themselves and more importantly other teams that it was the same show.....but it clearly was not. Once UC saw superman bleed and realized that Gabriel was one dimensional, they pinned their ears back and took control of the game. I look for UCF to struggle to win out...Milton is not taking the field this year, and the smoke and mirrors no longer works.

I still say their coach looks like Adam Sandler (LOL)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It's interesting that Jeff Brohm was the hot coach in the offseason with Louisville begging him to come home and Purdue giving him huge money....and at this point there's a pretty good chance he goes into 2020 on the hot seat. This season has become a complete disaster for the Boilermakers, and I don't think relief is in sight. They get Illinois and Nebraska at home, so there's SOME hope for a couple more wins, but 1-11 is definitely on the table.

The Nevada team Purdue lost to in week 1? Just lost 54-3 at home to Hawaii last weekend.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's interesting that Jeff Brohm was the hot coach in the offseason with Louisville begging him to come home and Purdue giving him huge money....and at this point there's a pretty good chance he goes into 2020 on the hot seat. This season has become a complete disaster for the Boilermakers, and I don't think relief is in sight. They get Illinois and Nebraska at home, so there's SOME hope for a couple more wins, but 1-11 is definitely on the table.

The Nevada team Purdue lost to in week 1? Just lost 54-3 at home to Hawaii last weekend.
    Yeah, I thought that Nevada loss was just a hiccup for the Boilers...not so anymore even with their injuries. I am thinking Brohm should have jumped ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Yeah, I thought that Nevada loss was just a hiccup for the Boilers...not so anymore even with their injuries. I am thinking Brohm should have jumped ship.
    I've heard next year was the year they were pointing to with the improved recruiting and Rondale Moore being a junior. So I think there is still hope as long as there are not a bunch of transfers (imagine Moore going home instead of Brohm!), but if they're coming off a 1 or 2 win season, Brohm had better have a big year next year.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 10-10-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Why jump ship to a non Power 5 school? That makes little sense. Stay at Purdue and at worst pocket the buyout if they fire you, unless another Power 5 offer comes along

Why jump ship to a non Power 5 school? That makes little sense. Stay at Purdue and at worst pocket the buyout if they fire you, unless another Power 5 offer comes along
    I think he was referring to Louisville, a Power 5 program.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-10-2019)

Uhhh, he was offered the Louisville job.

12. Likes:

Assembly Hall (10-10-2019),WVRed (10-10-2019)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

McFly are you in there? LOL

I've always followed the Bearcats (got a Bearcat's hat), and especially their efforts over the years to improve their program. All I can say is that I'm rooting for them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

As a WVU fan, I have always hated the Big12 because they appear to never have a long term strategy and are focused on increasing Texas's revenue this year beyond anything else. If I was the Big12 commissioner/school Preseident's, I would invite UCF, USF, Cincinnati and Memphis into the conference over the next 2 years. First, with P5 revenue, all 4 schools will be stronger than the bottom half of most other P5 conferences. In basketball, Memphis is about to ascend back to elite statues, while Cincy is a Top 25 level program and UCF is getting there. Finally, it would solidify the conference with a heavy presence in 2 of the 3 most fertile recruiting areas (Florida & Texas) while having enough teams to keep more than 2-3 ranked through out the year. With only 10 teams and a round robin schedule, the Big12 is likely to have 3 or less teams ranked most weeks which eliminates their ability to have more primetime television games.

Big12 Coastal
    Texas
    Texas Tech
    Texas Christian
    Baylor
    UCF
    USF

WVU

Big12 Central
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State
    Iowa State
    Kansas
    Kansas State
    Cincy
    Memphis

------------------------------------------------------

or I would prefer....but assume Texas and Oklahoma would refuse to be in same division

Big12 West
    Texas
    Texas Tech
    Texas Christian
    Baylor
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State
    Iowa State

Big12 East
    Kansas
    Kansas State
    Cincy
    Memphis
    UCF
    USF

WVU
    Last edited by adkindo; 10-11-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    or I would prefer....but assume Texas and Oklahoma would refuse to be in same division

Big12 West
    Texas
    Texas Tech
    Texas Christian
    Baylor
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State
    Iowa State

Big12 East
    Kansas
    Kansas State
    Cincy
    Memphis
    UCF
    USF

WVU
    We left for the Big 12 to play Texas, Oklahoma, and top programs every year. Not to be isolated with the little sisters of the poor, that would be like the Big 12 North/South before Colorado, TAMU left. If that is the plan WVU needs to be BEGGING the SEC to go to 16. With that layout you may add more tv markets but with that comes more mouths to feed.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Id much rather ship Texas A&M and Missouri back to the Big 12 and have West Virginia and Virginia Tech join the SEC. I realize it wont happen, but hey, why not dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    We left for the Big 12 to play Texas, Oklahoma, and top programs every year. Not to be isolated with the little sisters of the poor, that would be like the Big 12 North/South before Colorado, TAMU left. If that is the plan WVU needs to be BEGGING the SEC to go to 16. With that layout you may add more tv markets but with that comes more mouths to feed.
    I see a reasonable path to the Big 12 Championship game....plus there would still be 3 crossover games each year, so 2 out of 3 years WVU would be playing either Texas or Oklahoma. They are only viewed by some as little sisters of the poor because they are not in a P5 conference but they are better than a lot of P5 programs including schools in the Big 12. Just like TCU and Louisville were viewed just a few years ago.

Turn Off Ads?