Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Golf Season

2019 Golf Season

Congratulations to Phil, on his Pebble Beach win, #47 of his career and 16th in his home state of California [not to mention his numerous victories from his College state of Arizona (ASU)].
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-11-2019),Sea Ray (02-11-2019),texasdave (02-11-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2019 Golf Season

Good idea moving the TPC to March, but fans have to get used to it for a while.

Congrats to Rory on his win and on St. Patty's Day. Go Irish!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Good idea moving the TPC to March, but fans have to get used to it for a while.

Congrats to Rory on his win and on St. Patty's Day. Go Irish!
    This change is an A+. The Players always felt and looked weird in May. This will be an easy change for the fans with the PGA moving to May.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Phil Mickelson is amazing. I mean, what a perfect response!

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...ombs-fly-match

7. Likes:

Chip R (04-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Phil Mickelson is amazing. I mean, what a perfect response!

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...ombs-fly-match
    So Lefty didn't give his winnings to charity after all? That's what I take out of that

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So Lefty didn't give his winnings to charity after all? That's what I take out of that
    No more than $8,999,900 of it, apparently!

No more than $8,999,900 of it, apparently!
    Seeing as the match was about a $9mill winner take all, I'm stumped as to why people would pay $30 to line the pockets of multimillionaires. I had no interest in that

Seeing as the match was about a $9mill winner take all, I'm stumped as to why people would pay $30 to line the pockets of multimillionaires. I had no interest in that
    Says a fan of the Bengals.

Says a fan of the Bengals.
    For that reason I have refused to go to any games since their playoff run 5 yrs ago

How's that any different than any other golf tournament? Or really any professional sporting event?

How's that any different than any other golf tournament? Or really any professional sporting event?
    There are lots of differences. The first one is that this is pay per view. That's huge. It doesn't cost me anything to watch the Masters. Secondly, arguably these are the two richest golfers in the game. In other tournaments, it's likely that a lesser known one would get the purse and leads me to the third point...other tournaments aren't winner take all. The biggest part is the pay per view bit

I hear you on the pay per view. But people buy tickets to sporting events all the time. And they're just lining the pockets of millionaires (and some billionaires) with those ticket purchases. If you're entertained, I suppose it's worth it.

I also had no interest in this particular pay-per-view, by the way. I suspected I would not be sufficiently entertained. Feel good about the decision (granted, I was in Maui driving to Hana that day, so there wasn't much of a decision to be made!).

I hear you on the pay per view. But people buy tickets to sporting events all the time. And they're just lining the pockets of millionaires (and some billionaires) with those ticket purchases. If you're entertained, I suppose it's worth it.

I also had no interest in this particular pay-per-view, by the way. I suspected I would not be sufficiently entertained. Feel good about the decision (granted, I was in Maui driving to Hana that day, so there wasn't much of a decision to be made!).
    There's a certain excitement to attending a sporting event. If you care to do that, I get it. I don't think a fair comparison is attending the Masters or watching on your couch. I think a much more fair comparison is pay per view or non pay per view (cable or over the air).

There are lots of differences. The first one is that this is pay per view. That's huge. It doesn't cost me anything to watch the Masters. Secondly, arguably these are the two richest golfers in the game. In other tournaments, it's likely that a lesser known one would get the purse and leads me to the third point...other tournaments aren't winner take all. The biggest part is the pay per view bit
    There are no differences. It's just an opinion on what one is willing to pay for to be entertained. I take it you do not get free internet and the annual sum you pay, much of which is used to entertain yourself by looking at a screen, is the cost you have allotted for entertainment.

Paying to watch the Bengals on TV is a subjective entertainment value.

There are no differences. It's just an opinion on what one is willing to pay for to be entertained. I take it you do not get free internet and the annual sum you pay, much of which is used to entertain yourself by looking at a screen, is the cost you have allotted for entertainment.

Paying to watch the Bengals on TV is a subjective entertainment value.
    I would not do pay per view to watch the Bengals

Turn Off Ads?