Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Golf Season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2019 Golf Season

Congratulations to Phil, on his Pebble Beach win, #47 of his career and 16th in his home state of California [not to mention his numerous victories from his College state of Arizona (ASU)].
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 02-11-2019 at 06:35 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Hoosier Red (02-11-2019),Sea Ray (02-11-2019),texasdave (02-11-2019)

Re: 2019 Golf Season

Good idea moving the TPC to March, but fans have to get used to it for a while.

Congrats to Rory on his win and on St. Patty's Day. Go Irish!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Good idea moving the TPC to March, but fans have to get used to it for a while.

Congrats to Rory on his win and on St. Patty's Day. Go Irish!
    This change is an A+. The Players always felt and looked weird in May. This will be an easy change for the fans with the PGA moving to May.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Phil Mickelson is amazing. I mean, what a perfect response!

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...ombs-fly-match

6. Likes:

Chip R (04-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Phil Mickelson is amazing. I mean, what a perfect response!

http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/...ombs-fly-match
    So Lefty didn't give his winnings to charity after all? That's what I take out of that

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So Lefty didn't give his winnings to charity after all? That's what I take out of that
    No more than $8,999,900 of it, apparently!

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    No more than $8,999,900 of it, apparently!
    Seeing as the match was about a $9mill winner take all, I'm stumped as to why people would pay $30 to line the pockets of multimillionaires. I had no interest in that

Seeing as the match was about a $9mill winner take all, I'm stumped as to why people would pay $30 to line the pockets of multimillionaires. I had no interest in that
    Says a fan of the Bengals.

How's that any different than any other golf tournament? Or really any professional sporting event?

Who y'all got for the Masters? I'm going with Xander Schauffele.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Rory

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Tiger looked good today!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Pretty faultless round from Brooks Koepka - made it look very easy out there. Never really in any trouble and could easily have been -8/9 with the looks he gave himself. He's a different animal in majors and now he's at the top I think he will be very hard to beat.

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-12-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Pretty faultless round from Brooks Koepka - made it look very easy out there. Never really in any trouble and could easily have been -8/9 with the looks he gave himself. He's a different animal in majors and now he's at the top I think he will be very hard to beat.
    Yeah, the Winter let me forget what a roll Koepke was on last Summer and Fall.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Tiger about to win The Masters.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?