Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Golf Season

Re: 2019 Golf Season

Koepka is on another level right now. Hope he can keep it together and my bank account will look a bit healthier.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-17-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If he keeps it together it's going to be one extremely boring weekend on Long Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    If he keeps it together it's going to be one extremely boring weekend on Long Island.
    I'm honestly done watching this weekend with Tiger missing the cut and Koepka having already won it.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-17-2019)

The U.S. Open at Pebble Beach. It doesn't get any better.

While Augusta has better hole, there isn't a more beautiful course in the World than Pebble Beach. Just as they advertised on the beginning promo, it's the ultimate screen-saver.

The difficult hole placement of the U.S. Open makes this course even better. The low numbers traditionally in January won't be seen in the U.S. Open.

I don't give a rats whether you like Koepka or not, he's one of the greatest players ever. It's yoir loss if you can't enjoy his game, just like all of those who used to complain about Tiger or Bubba because they didn't like them and missed out on enjoying his game. Nicklaus was a total ass, but it shouldn't change how one can still enjoy his game, or Pete Rose's in baseball, Roger Federer in Tennis...the list is filled with 1000's of names. Koepka has won 4 of the last 8 Championships. Few can make that claim.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Chip R (06-14-2019)

Obviously, Fowler would be the fan favorite to win and I hope he does. He's long overdue.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I've been told the traffic here is supposed to be horrible. But so far it hasn't been too bad. Then again, I'm mostly north of the peninsula and Pebble Beach is on the south side.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I've been told the traffic here is supposed to be horrible. But so far it hasn't been too bad. Then again, I'm mostly north of the peninsula and Pebble Beach is on the south side.
    I love that "National Velvet" was filmed there.

13. Likes:

Chip R (06-14-2019)

The British Open began today and former champ David Duvall had some trouble on a couple of holes. He hit the wrong ball on #7.

Attachment 15105
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

This Koepka guys is pretty good!

I guess Tiger and Rory will go ahead and show up tomorrow and play their rounds. Not that there will be much to play for. Not sure if Duval has WD yet, but I assume he will.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 07-18-2019 at 02:05 PM.

One thing that is becoming obvious with Tiger is he just can't compete in colder conditions with his back. He had the problems at Pebble and again in cool conditions today at the Open never looked comfortable and on a few shots was in obvious discomfort

17. Likes:

Chip R (07-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    One thing that is becoming obvious with Tiger is he just can't compete in colder conditions with his back. He had the problems at Pebble and again in cool conditions today at the Open never looked comfortable and on a few shots was in obvious discomfort
    He could win the Open - just not this one. I predicted either last year or the year before that he was done winning majors with the exceptions of the Masters and the Open. Jack won a Masters in his mid 40s. Hogan about won one back in the late 60s. Watson about won the Open several years ago. The U.S. Open and the PGA are just going to be too tough for him. That back ain't going to feel like it did when he was in his 20s. Golf is terribly tough on a weekend duffer's back much less a pro's.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    He could win the Open - just not this one. I predicted either last year or the year before that he was done winning majors with the exceptions of the Masters and the Open. Jack won a Masters in his mid 40s. Hogan about won one back in the late 60s. Watson about won the Open several years ago. The U.S. Open and the PGA are just going to be too tough for him. That back ain't going to feel like it did when he was in his 20s. Golf is terribly tough on a weekend duffer's back much less a pro's.
    I thought the only two tournaments he could win are the Open and Masters. I am beginning to think that the Open is more of a pipe dream. There was a good article in the WSJ that talked about how Tiger struggles with cool and cold weather. The Open is often played in cool temperatures. I think it would take a mild weekend for Tiger really to compete.

He may have a few more good go's at the Masters, but man those are becoming fewer. There is just so much young talent coming into the game at a high level.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I thought the only two tournaments he could win are the Open and Masters. I am beginning to think that the Open is more of a pipe dream. There was a good article in the WSJ that talked about how Tiger struggles with cool and cold weather. The Open is often played in cool temperatures. I think it would take a mild weekend for Tiger really to compete.

He may have a few more good go's at the Masters, but man those are becoming fewer. There is just so much young talent coming into the game at a high level.
    Yeah. Sometimes you'll have nice temps for the Open and hopefully for him, he'll have his A game during that time. But golfing when it's cold with a cranky back is not a recipe for success especially with young guys who have good backs ready to challenge.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Yeah. Sometimes you'll have nice temps for the Open and hopefully for him, he'll have his A game during that time. But golfing when it's cold with a cranky back is not a recipe for success especially with young guys who have good backs ready to challenge.
    I think the one course he could win an Open at would be St Andrews. A couple of things come into play there. He has played the course a ton of times and, if the weather is mild, there isn't a whole lot of teeth to the course. He has been successful at courses like Augusta because very few people have played it more than he has. He knows the exact set up for every single day. It isn't exceptionally penal for a wayward shot. Its not like an Open course where if you miss the fairway you are hacking out to get the ball back into play. If you miss a fairway at Augusta, well, no big deal.

Tiger will be 44 for the next major. I think he may make another run at The Masters, but I don't know if he can handle any of the other majors.

22. Likes:

Chip R (07-23-2019)

As a St. X and Xavier guy, I'm loving the leaderboard right now at Medinah!

Turn Off Ads?