Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MLB TV

Re: MLB TV

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    We've had some talks about this in other threads. I think most people like the Roku or some other device attached better than the smart Tv. TCL's are fantastic and they are on sale right now. Let me know if you have questions.
    My issue with a lot of the new tvs, particularly those at Costco, are the side viewing angles. We have a 25x25 ft room. I don't want to screw the people who aren't directly in front of it.

I like this site for reviews and this is one that looks like it'd fit my needs:

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x720e

If you have further suggestions, by all means I'd like to hear them.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Seconded that you can look for a cheaper/off-brand TV, going a size or two bigger for the same price as a Sony. Smart or not, you then eliminate the risk of compatibility with the addition of a Roku (or other HDMI device from Amazon or Apple, all of which will be highly compatible with all apps). Let the TV be the TV, and get a streaming device to be the streaming device; this is the path to best bang for the buck, I think.

Add in a solid sound bar, and you can get close to the same surround sound experience without all the wiring and giant speakers, too.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    We've had some talks about this in other threads. I think most people like the Roku or some other device attached better than the smart Tv. TCL's are fantastic and they are on sale right now. Let me know if you have questions.
    I second the motion! I bought a 55 inch TCL tv a few months ago at Wal-Mart. MLBtv works great via ROKU. And most everyone I have had in the room remarks about the beautiful picture. I listen to lots of YouTube classical music on this tv and the sound is very, very good.

I really held my breath when I bought this "off brand." But I have been very pleased so far.

I've had MLB-TV with Roku and cable internet for several years. It gets better every year. This year there are no pauses for loading and the quality is HD, as good as a cable TV channel.

6. Likes:

RedsRocker (03-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I've had MLB-TV with Roku and cable internet for several years. It gets better every year. This year there are no pauses for loading and the quality is HD, as good as a cable TV channel.
    My MLB.tv on Sony Blu-ray last yr was not up to my standards. Motion resulted in what I can best describe as strobing. Whereas 2017 quality was quite good. Go figure

1/2 off sale going on right now.

https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/mlb-tv...r-limited-time

59.99 for the rest of the season.

9. Likes:

KronoRed (05-17-2019)

Like some of you, I subscribed to MLB TV this year and then got a refund once the season was postponed.

I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything yet about what they're going to charge for the 60-game season.

Really wish MLB would get rid of the blackout rules.
    They seem like they are moot this year because of no fans being allowed at games, right? Living in Central Ohio, I cannot get the Reds on local OTA TV, but I fall in the blackout area for the them (And the Indians, and the Pirates for some reason).
    I currently have Youtube TV but they just announced a price increase yesterday and I would love nothing more than to cancel them and just buy MLB.TV, because local sports are the main reason I have a subscription service.

That said, do any fellow blackout zoners know the cheapest way to get Fox Sports Ohio?

12. Likes:

Chip R (07-01-2020)

The blackout rules are less about attending games and more about not competing with other broadcast rights. For example, Fox Sports Ohio pays what it does because they want Reds fans watching their station and increasing their ratings instead of watching on MLB TV. The blackout rule helps the local broadcasts have higher ratings and the local cable have more subscribers, so they are willing to pay more for it. Without the blackout, I'd imagine the lucrative local broadcast fees would be a lot less lucrative. As long as teams are making more locally than they do through MLB TV, I'd guess the blackouts are here to stay.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Like some of you, I subscribed to MLB TV this year and then got a refund once the season was postponed.

I'm surprised that I haven't heard anything yet about what they're going to charge for the 60-game season.
    I never got a refund so should I get a $60 refund or a $60 credit for next year?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbroznan View Post
    I never got a refund so should I get a $60 refund or a $60 credit for next year?
    Nor did i.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Nor did i.
    I had to call to cancel and ask for a refund.

17. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (07-01-2020)

They're saying that once an official schedule is announced, they'll release the official details and pricing plan.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

19. Likes:

NebraskaRed (07-02-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I had to call to cancel and ask for a refund.
    I just e-mailed them and they refunded me.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I just e-mailed them and they refunded me.
    Did they refund you the full $120 and cancel your subscription or refund you $60 the difference between the full and partial season rate?

Turn Off Ads?