Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MLB TV

Re: MLB TV

Quote Originally Posted by jimbroznan View Post
    Did they refund you the full $120 and cancel your subscription or refund you $60 the difference between the full and partial season rate?
    I originally got a discount rate for being a MLBPAA member which was half off the season rate at $60.99 or something like that. I got that full amount back.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

FlightRick (07-02-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Making a note for the future, because I'd never heard of the MLBPAA (MLB Players' Alumni Association), but if I can get a membership for $25 (which goes to what sounds like a great cause) and save $60 on MLB.tv (and other discounts)? Done and done.

If one were not a cheapskate like me, one could also get the $70 membership or the $120 membership, and it seems like you'd still be doing a pretty awesome thing if you intend to subscribe to MLB.tv anyway.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-03-2020)

Email just came out from MLB.tv...prorated price is 45.18 for the 2020 season. You can either request a refund of the difference or apply it as a credit for next year.

*Note, the link in the email takes you to a splash page and before you can enter information it asks you to login. Once you login, it redirects you back to the request for a refund page.
    So long as I breath shall I be a Reds fan, so long as I bleed I will bleed Red

Audio only is prorated to $7.40 this year

I wonder if they will do a month to month again for $25.

I was refunded my 60 bucks about 3 weeks ago. I think I would rather just do month to month this year, since there are just way too many variables.

I'll sign up the day before the season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by kheidg- View Post
    If you join MLBPAA you can get 50% off your MLB.TV subscription. I think I paid $50 last year. You also get a few other benefits.

https://www.mlb.com/mlbpaa

I also have a Roku and it worked perfectly for me. Could also tune in any time and not see the score via replay and pick up via inning.
    Yes, this worked for me this year, too. I use the app and Chromecast, and that combination works fairly well.

After how badly MLB botched the past couple of months, MLB.tv should be free for the first 60 games of each team's regular season this year. Trying some fan outreach would outweigh the lost revenue.

Can someone who is smarter than me explain what's preventing MLB TV from streaming the scrimmage games?

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Can someone who is smarter than me explain what's preventing MLB TV from streaming the scrimmage games?
    Their own stupidity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Because they would lose money?

Lol

And it would be unwise to add more bodies and complexity during the pandemic.

Hey let’s send 32 crews to 32 stadiums a few weeks early, pay all that overhead, to video tape some practices!!

We’d lose 50m!!

Quote Originally Posted by TOG View Post
    Because they would lose money?

Lol

And it would be unwise to add more bodies and complexity during the pandemic.

Hey let’s send 32 crews to 32 stadiums a few weeks early, pay all that overhead, to video tape some practices!!

We’d lose 50m!!
    you know the games are streaming on each team's website already, right? I was asking why MLB TV isn't streaming them, as well.

So, what options do I have to watch home games? Youtube TV dropped FSO. I live inside the blackout area for home games. I don't want to drop Youtube TV because we have the family plan which allows the kids to watch at the same time as us, while they are at college.
    Is there any cheap way? Or is my only real option to get MLB.tv and only watch the away games?

Quote Originally Posted by stripedwarrior View Post
    So, what options do I have to watch home games? Youtube TV dropped FSO. I live inside the blackout area for home games. I don't want to drop Youtube TV because we have the family plan which allows the kids to watch at the same time as us, while they are at college.
    Is there any cheap way? Or is my only real option to get MLB.tv and only watch the away games?
    I still have FSO on YouTube TV
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stripedwarrior View Post
    You can't watch away games in a blackout area. I live in the SF Giants viewing area and can't watch the Reds play them even though I'd technically be watching the "away" team.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Turn Off Ads?