Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 318

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

  1. #91
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,921

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The 11-18 record that I referenced was overall. The 4-12 record was a record since the beginning of the yr, in other words a what have you done for me lately type thing. Neither represents a conference record. If you think that irrelevant, fine. I don't have a dog in this hunt. I'm a UC and UT fan and neither is a rival of IU.

    Amazingly IU is not yet eliminated from NCAA consideration which is amazing to me. Their win over Illinois last night was just their 3rd road win all year. We're hearing that they're looking closely at NET rankings now, rather than RPI or other measures. IU is up to 50 in NET but Penn State is ahead of them at 47. Can we all agree PSU has no chance of getting an at large bid?
    PSU doesnt have the quality wins that IU does either. You are cherry picking stats to fit your stance. Under the old system, IU would have no shot, but once they changed it, it changed how teams are picked!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball


  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #92
    You serious Clark? Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Fake news

  4. #93
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    PSU doesnt have the quality wins that IU does either. You are cherry picking stats to fit your stance. Under the old system, IU would have no shot, but once they changed it, it changed how teams are picked!
    What's my stance? I don't have a stance. It's a fact that the committee looks at NET rankings so I gave an example of what they're looking at

  5. #94
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Why just for me? Why that bracket?

    https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba.../bracketology/

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

    I think Palm and Lunardi have the best track record on this stuff

  6. #95
    You serious Clark? Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Fake news

  7. #96
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,921

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What's my stance? I don't have a stance. It's a fact that the committee looks at NET rankings so I gave an example of what they're looking at
    Your stance is using the record for 2019....the 4-12. The committee doesnt use that under the new format. They do use NET as a tool, and you're right, they are lacking in that. But they have quite a few quad 1/quad 2 wins. The most of any team on the bubble if I recall correctly.

    I stand corrected on the quad1/quad 2 wins...Seton Hall and Crieghton now have more.
    Last edited by dubc47834; 03-09-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  8. #97
    You serious Clark? Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Here is an interesting one.....

    http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2019/sos
    Fake news

  9. #98
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,921

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    NIT...here we come baby!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  10. #99
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    NIT...here we come baby!!!
    I caught a lot of flak for saying the same thing. I said they'll have to do more than beat Rutgers and Ill to make it to the NCAA Tournament:

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the other games. All you can do is win.

    Personally I think it's nuts that you're even contemplating an NCAA bid. Look, you've won 4 games in the calendar yr. That's right, 4 wins in all of 2019 and you needed a total of 3 OTs to win those. You're 4-12 in 2019. And you're thinking wins against a couple teams in the 90s of NET rankings (Illinois, Rutgers) could vault you into the tournament? What kind of world is this?

    If you're in a 4-12 hole, you gotta do a helluva lot more than that to earn a spot.
    Gotta love RZ

  11. #100
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,921

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I caught a lot of flak for saying the same thing. I said they'll have to do more than beat Rutgers and Ill to make it to the NCAA Tournament:



    Gotta love RZ
    I dont recall anyone saying that thise wins alone would get them in. Almost everyone was saying beat those 2, then get at least 1 in the Big 10 tourney and there is a chance. You're hardly Nostradamus!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  12. #101
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,875

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I dont recall anyone saying that thise wins alone would get them in. Almost everyone was saying beat those 2, then get at least 1 in the Big 10 tourney and there is a chance. You're hardly Nostradamus!!!
    I'm not claiming to be a prophet. My point is that what I said was not outlandish. It was as you seem to admit here, quite reasonable. So why the flak?

  13. #102
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,201

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Ok Hoosier fans, was it a good job of coaching by CAM this season. I admit I have not watched a lot of IU basketball, but I know they have been very up and down. I also know they have at least one very highly rated NBA prospect. In watching the game yesterday, they were lazy, bad, made terrible decisions, then turned everything on for a frantic 7 minutes. Personally at times I have been frustrated with Holtmann this season because I don't think he adapted his coaching style to best fit his team. You know they are terrible on offence but his rotations focus on defense. I don't know if Hoosier fans think the same way about CAM.

  14. #103
    You serious Clark? Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Ok Hoosier fans, was it a good job of coaching by CAM this season. I admit I have not watched a lot of IU basketball, but I know they have been very up and down. I also know they have at least one very highly rated NBA prospect. In watching the game yesterday, they were lazy, bad, made terrible decisions, then turned everything on for a frantic 7 minutes. Personally at times I have been frustrated with Holtmann this season because I don't think he adapted his coaching style to best fit his team. You know they are terrible on offence but his rotations focus on defense. I don't know if Hoosier fans think the same way about CAM.
    I am but one voice, but I was disappointed with CAM's coaching. He did not adapt at all to his team. That being said, he can't coach shooting. The Hoosiers arc shooting is their down fall along with unforced turnovers.
    Fake news

  15. Likes:

    Hoosier Red (03-19-2019)

  16. #104
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,921

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I am but one voice, but I was disappointed with CAM's coaching. He did not adapt at all to his team. That being said, he can't coach shooting. The Hoosiers arc shooting is their down fall along with unforced turnovers.
    While CAM hasnt been great, I dont think he has been bad either. The overall shooting on this team stinks. To me there have been 2 issues, injuries and Langford. Injuries are self explanatory. Langford's issue is just my opinion based on what I have seen and heard in person at games. My opinion is he is lazy and lives off of pure talent, which is great. I usually sit in the lower bleachers in Assembly Hall when I go to games and can hear CAM in most locations. Too many times he has told Langford he needs to hustle or asked "WTF was that" after a quick shot, hell it happened twice against Rutgers the other day. I think Romeo has been the locker room issue on this team. It's just my hunch based off of what I've seen and heard in Assembly Hall. Also, unless the freshman coming in next year can shoot, it's going to be much of the same unless an upperclassman develops a lot. If you look at next years team, there is still very little shooting! If things dont get better next year, the seat could get hot for CAM...unfortunately a lot of IU fans are entitled little brats!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  17. #105
    You serious Clark? Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    While CAM hasnt been great, I dont think he has been bad either. The overall shooting on this team stinks. To me there have been 2 issues, injuries and Langford. Injuries are self explanatory. Langford's issue is just my opinion based on what I have seen and heard in person at games. My opinion is he is lazy and lives off of pure talent, which is great. I usually sit in the lower bleachers in Assembly Hall when I go to games and can hear CAM in most locations. Too many times he has told Langford he needs to hustle or asked "WTF was that" after a quick shot, hell it happened twice against Rutgers the other day. I think Romeo has been the locker room issue on this team. It's just my hunch based off of what I've seen and heard in Assembly Hall. Also, unless the freshman coming in next year can shoot, it's going to be much of the same unless an upperclassman develops a lot. If you look at next years team, there is still very little shooting! If things dont get better next year, the seat could get hot for CAM...unfortunately a lot of IU fans are entitled little brats!
    Interesting observations on Romeo, that I have not heard before. But it does make absolute sense. My take on Romeo is that he is just biding his time until the draft. He pretty much has been invisible this year as I am concerned.

    Next year they have TJD coming in. Another true big man. Hopefully Hunter is 100%. Franklin on his way too.

    Unless Romeo declares or we got transfers...we are full up.
    Fake news


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator