Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Jai Lucas had a cryptic tweet that was red pill/blue pill from Matrix. That was what people were thinking it was geared towards.
    JMO, but I would love to have him in B-town but I feel it is in his best interests to remain at UK and see if he can find his niche. Hopefully Cal finds the best way to utilize him. Which is TBD.

2. Turn Off Ads?

https://twitter.com/AboveTheParquet/...79513280360450

Stevens turned down 7 years at 70 million. Would have made him the highest paid coach in college basketball history.

Brunk to tOSU?

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-21-2021)

Reeled in a big recruit in Tamar Bates.

https://247sports.com/Article/Mike-W...tes-164379494/

Bates is a big get; No. 56 nationally, but supposed to be a riser, wants to play defense and supposed to be as good or better a person off the court.

Early signs on the Woodson tenure are promising.

8. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-19-2021),dubc47834 (04-19-2021),Griffey012 (04-19-2021),Hillsdale87 (04-19-2021),Revering4Blue (04-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Brunk to tOSU?
    This guy any good?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This guy any good?
    He was highly sought after out of HS. Butler, IU, and now the Bucknuts. Somehow I feel that law school is involved in this?

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Reeled in a big recruit in Tamar Bates.

https://247sports.com/Article/Mike-W...tes-164379494/

Bates is a big get; No. 56 nationally, but supposed to be a riser, wants to play defense and supposed to be as good or better a person off the court.

Early signs on the Woodson tenure are promising.
    I love what is going on right now in B-town. Game on.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-19-2021)

This guy any good?
    He's a heady, role-playing big. He's got legit 6'10" size, is limited athletically, but he'll buy-in, accept 10-15 mpg and be a leader.

If he's healthy, and that's no certainty, he's a really great addition to the front line of Young, Key and Diallo. He'll do what's asked of him and be mature about it.

As a transfer, think more Jimmy Sotos than Justice Sueing.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-19-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    He's a heady, role-playing big. He's got legit 6'10" size, is limited athletically, but he'll buy-in, accept 10-15 mpg and be a leader.

If he's healthy, and that's no certainty, he's a really great addition to the front line of Young, Key and Diallo. He'll do what's asked of him and be mature about it.

As a transfer, think more Jimmy Sotos than Justice Sueing.
    TBH, I think tOSU is a bad fit for him roster wise.

He's different than what they have. He's a true big with real size, whereas Young's a traditional 4 playing the 5 and Key's a unique but undersized big. Diallo's a huge athlete that hasn't pput anything together yet.

He's not necessarily a difference maker, but he gives them a different look and can matchup up with true bigs, like a Kofi Cockburn or a Luke Garza (I know they're gone), better than Young or Key. And he'll do it all with a good attitude. Holtmann knows exactly what he's getting as well.

Considering OSU didn’t have one player on their roster last season over 6’7” I disagree haha
    What would you say.....ya do here?

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-19-2021)

Its interesting this year with an expanded roster, Young and Sotos not counting towards the scholarship count, but if Brunk can give them depth, its a big bonus.

OSU struggled at times with Garza, Cockburn, and Dickerson. Young and Liddell were a little too small to bang in the post all day long. Key could bang, but was rather inexperienced.

I wonder if Brunk is a kind of guy who could have a big roll in some games, and a limited roll in others. He may be vital in a huge win and then see the court for five minutes the next game.

20. Likes:

BillDoran (04-19-2021),Revering4Blue (04-19-2021)

Its interesting this year with an expanded roster, Young and Sotos not counting towards the scholarship count, but if Brunk can give them depth, its a big bonus.

OSU struggled at times with Garza, Cockburn, and Dickerson. Young and Liddell were a little too small to bang in the post all day long. Key could bang, but was rather inexperienced.

I wonder if Brunk is a kind of guy who could have a big roll in some games, and a limited roll in others. He may be vital in a huge win and then see the court for five minutes the next game.
    That's somewhat how IU used him two years ago. Played a lot against bigger teams but was basically unplayable against smaller, more athletic frontcourts. He had a few really good games and will give good minutes if used properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Considering OSU didn’t have one player on their roster last season over 6’7” I disagree haha
    If OSU was getting him to be a main contributor if healthy I would agree, but I don't think he will be anything other than a role player at OSU. Will he give them some minutes if he stays healthy, sure, but I wouldn't count on health. Out of all the guys who entered the transfer portal, Brunk was the least of my concerns!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

23. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-19-2021)

Turn Off Ads?