Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    is this good, or would you have preferred him to get another year of high school / AAU ball since he was already committed?
    He was already playing up a class in AAU ball. IU's PG play has been a concern the past few seasons. I expect Archie feels he needs Lander on campus asap. I project him as a starter from day 1.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    He was already playing up a class in AAU ball. IU's PG play has been a concern the past few seasons. I expect Archie feels he needs Lander on campus asap. I project him as a starter from day 1.
    I agree...also Archie needs as much talent as he can possibly get. His seat is already getting warm. If they were to get off to a slow start that seat will get pretty damn hot!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Also, with Lander's wingspan, CAM can play Lander and Rob Phin together at times.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (05-19-2020)

bumped them from unranked to #21 in the CBS Sports Top 25 And 1.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...-a-year-early/

7. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-22-2020)

Justin Smith to grad transfer...

Justin Smith to transfer.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...duate-transfer

That's a shame. There was a lot of positives he brought to the court even as his play could be maddening at times.
    Good luck to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

That's a shame. There was a lot of positives he brought to the court even as his play could be maddening at times.
    Good luck to him.
    Only one Crean recruit left...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

Good luck to him.
    Wasn't he a starter this past season? I assume he would have started again this year? If both are accurate, why transfer when you are a starter for Indiana?

Wasn't he a starter this past season? I assume he would have started again this year? If both are accurate, why transfer when you are a starter for Indiana?
    Yes he was. He actually led the team in minutes per game. I, too, would assume that he would have started. My gut tells me Archie was going to move him to the 4...Justin has NBA aspirations and wants to play the 3 which he has the past 2 seasons.

Yes he was. He actually led the team in minutes per game. I, too, would assume that he would have started. My gut tells me Archie was going to move him to the 4...Justin has NBA aspirations and wants to play the 3 which he has the past 2 seasons.
    I really just do not understand it....I mean I get most of these guys expect to play in the NBA, but IMO, why is it such a big deal to play the #4 and market yourself as a combo forward for the next level. I do not know much about him, but unless he ends ups at Duke, UK, UNC....maybe a few more it is not like he is going to end up at a more high profile program, and it seems like it is going to take a lot of time and effort to learn a new system and identify his role. Time he could have spent on simply improving his game. I get guys that are lower mid majors wanting to test and showcase themselves at a higher level....and I get guys that can significantly increase their MPG...but I just have doubts about these transfers that are simply based on it not being the absolute perfect situation in the players mind (hint, I doubt that "perfect" place/fit exists for 99.9% of players). I admit maybe I am missing something unique to this situation, but often the player has to probably take into account that the coach (Miller) that has been doing this for a couple decades and been successful enough to climb the ladder to the top level of the sport likely has a better idea what is better for the 20ish year old player.

I read something recently that some poll suggested that nearly every college player outside of the one and done type elite talent have at least considered transferring within their college career. I guess it is not surprising....I would assume most American workers at least ponder a change in their employment at least monthly even if it just a passing thought after a long day.

I really just do not understand it....I mean I get most of these guys expect to play in the NBA, but IMO, why is it such a big deal to play the #4 and market yourself as a combo forward for the next level. I do not know much about him, but unless he ends ups at Duke, UK, UNC....maybe a few more it is not like he is going to end up at a more high profile program, and it seems like it is going to take a lot of time and effort to learn a new system and identify his role. Time he could have spent on simply improving his game. I get guys that are lower mid majors wanting to test and showcase themselves at a higher level....and I get guys that can significantly increase their MPG...but I just have doubts about these transfers that are simply based on it not being the absolute perfect situation in the players mind (hint, I doubt that "perfect" place/fit exists for 99.9% of players). I admit maybe I am missing something unique to this situation, but often the player has to probably take into account that the coach (Miller) that has been doing this for a couple decades and been successful enough to climb the ladder to the top level of the sport likely has a better idea what is better for the 20ish year old player.

I read something recently that some poll suggested that nearly every college player outside of the one and done type elite talent have at least considered transferring within their college career. I guess it is not surprising....I would assume most American workers at least ponder a change in their employment at least monthly even if it just a passing thought after a long day.
    If I had to guess, while he was in the NBA evaluation process after the season he was probly told he needs to work on certain things. I think he saw the writing on the wall with the new guys coming in. I think it was a poor move, but you can't get too mad at a kid for thinking he can do better, or get better prepared, somewhere else.

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-24-2020)

18. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-09-2020)

Good for him. I think he will learn a lot from Mussellman. Uneducated IU fans are crushing him right now for leaving!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Good for him. I think he will learn a lot from Mussellman. Uneducated IU fans are crushing him right now for leaving!
    Wish him well myself for his NBA aspirations with his degree in hand.

21. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-09-2020)

Turn Off Ads?