Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Ummm...no it wouldn't for those of us that saw 3 titles.
    I saw 3 titles, the program is irrelevant, this will probably be the 4th straight season out of the tournament. Knight was bad by his standards the last few years he was at IU but his bad seasons are now the norm in Bloomington and to me it’s a sad state of affairs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ummm...no it wouldn't for those of us that saw 3 titles.
    IU isn’t contending for a Big Ten title anytime soon yet alone a national title.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I saw 3 titles, the program is irrelevant, this will probably be the 4th straight season out of the tournament. Knight was bad by his standards the last few years he was at IU but his bad seasons are now the norm in Bloomington and to me it’s a sad state of affairs.

- - - Updated - - -

IU isn’t contending for a Big Ten title anytime soon yet alone a national title.
    Yeah, it is pretty sad...

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

My Son thinks the world of RMK...he was born in 1991!
    He had a father who taught him well then...LOL
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

The program definitely isn't irrelevant, it's still 1 of the most valuable basketball programs in the country. Tom Crean and Kelvin Sampson proved that IU can still get blue chip recruits and highly ranked recruiting classes.. If Tom Crean was a better X's and O's guy, I believe he could have won national titles at IU, he just stinks at in game adjustments. Archie, so far, hasn't proven himself as a recruiter yet. Time will tell if he does. My big problem with Archie right now is, I don't find him to be an effective motivator. But I definitely don't see IU basketball as irrelevant!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The program definitely isn't irrelevant, it's still 1 of the most valuable basketball programs in the country. Tom Crean and Kelvin Sampson proved that IU can still get blue chip recruits and highly ranked recruiting classes.. If Tom Crean was a better X's and O's guy, I believe he could have won national titles at IU, he just stinks at in game adjustments. Archie, so far, hasn't proven himself as a recruiter yet. Time will tell if he does. My big problem with Archie right now is, I don't find him to be an effective motivator. But I definitely don't see IU basketball as irrelevant!!!
    From an outsiders point of view, I think IU is far more irrelevant than many want it to be. In the past twenty years, correct me if I am wrong, they have on Final 4 appearance and one #1 ranking. They are the homecoming queen from twenty years ago who is a disaster now. Every once in a while she gets things in order, but has been a wreck for most of that time.

I jump in here from time to time, and saw on a Buckeye board thoughts about Archie being on the hot seat. Honesty I don't know, and frankly, they just don't strike the fear in opponents that they once did.

He had a father who taught him well then...LOL
    LOL.

Ryan has been a pretty good recruiter, it just seems like he’s afraid of the players. New AD is coming in, his seat may be getting warm.

Ryan has been a pretty good recruiter, it just seems like he’s afraid of the players. New AD is coming in, his seat may be getting warm.
    LOL...IMO Ryan Joseph has done a fine job of recruiting. His 1st year doesn't count as the AD "forced" him to keep Crean's recruits. But since he has landed the last 2 Indiana Mr. Basketball's. The problem, in my eyes, is that the upperclassmen(-Brunk) are woeful. I give De'Ron a pass because of injuries but geez Green, Smith, and Durham just flat ass are unpredictable and don't play with passion. And those 3 see a helluva lot of minutes.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-12-2020)

LOL...IMO Ryan Joseph has done a fine job of recruiting. His 1st year doesn't count as the AD "forced" him to keep Crean's recruits. But since he has landed the last 2 Indiana Mr. Basketball's. The problem, in my eyes, is that the upperclassmen(-Brunk) are woeful. I give De'Ron a pass because of injuries but geez Green, Smith, and Durham just flat ass are unpredictable and don't play with passion. And those 3 see a helluva lot of minutes.
    And there in Lies the problem, if you have 3 guys getting heavy minutes who show no passion then they need to be either benched or kicked off the team. Ryan lacks the balls to do that, so we get what we get.

And there in Lies the problem, if you have 3 guys getting heavy minutes who show no passion then they need to be either benched or kicked off the team. Ryan lacks the balls to do that, so we get what we get.
    Lacks the balls or is told what he can't do.

Lacks the balls or is told what he can't do.
    Then he will fail on someone else’s terms and the program will never again be relevant or in the conversation for any kind of championship.

Then he will fail on someone else’s terms and the program will never again be relevant or in the conversation for any kind of championship.
    We will see how it all shakes out...no NCAAT this year and the vultures will be circling.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-12-2020)

We will see how it all shakes out...no NCAAT this year and the vultures will be circling.
    Is the administration/university so afraid of repeat of the Bob Knight era that hey are handcuffing the coaches or is it just the political correctness that dictates how you can and can not handle players?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Is the administration/university so afraid of repeat of the Bob Knight era that hey are handcuffing the coaches or is it just the political correctness that dictates how you can and can not handle players?
    I suspect that it is a combination of both factors - with the second factor by no means mutually exclusive with IU sports - all exacerbated by the factors that led to Kevin Wilson's dismissal likely influencing the thinking of the administration. And, last, but certainly not least, the APR situation, as Assembly Hall pointed out. To that end, I have no doubt that this program would be much further along had CAM been allowed to start from scratch , APR issues be damned.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

18. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-14-2020),Hoosier Red (02-13-2020)

I don't really know but I know that Don Fischer made some "strange" comments on the Dakich show concerning what this team's problem/s is/are. I can't read tea leaves but something is truly amiss.

Turn Off Ads?