Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-24-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Damezi Anderson enters the transfer portal.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I wish him well, and I'm surprised it took him this long to do so. Assuming Lander reclassifies, who do they target as a transfer to fill Andeson's scholly?
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Good read. I think it was a pretty fair article!
    Granted, CAM didn't inherent the dumpster the dumpster fire that Crean inherited -- that's the strawman of all strawman arguments -- but it's not as if he inherited anything close to what Holtmann at Ohio State and/or Mack at Louisville inherited, either. It's also not his fault that Romeo played most of the '19 season at about 65% health-wise, Hunter missed that entire season, as did Race Thompson, for all practical purposes.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (04-25-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I wish him well, and I'm surprised it took him this long to do so. Assuming Lander reclassifies, who do they target as a transfer to fill Andeson's scholly?
    Who is out there?

I see Smith has put his name in for the draft.

I see Smith has put his name in for the draft.
    I imagine that's just for information purposes. I'd be really surprised if he declared.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Can I get a Damezi scouting report from Hoosier fans? I follow the team where he landed.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Can I get a Damezi scouting report from Hoosier fans? I follow the team where he landed.
    This pretty much sums up last season...

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/dame...oyola-chicago/

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-14-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    He was a great shooter in high school but that didn't translate to IU. Really, the pace of the game was just too quick for him. He had trouble staying in front of opponents and when he struggled shooting, it took away basically the one positive he could bring.
    He's a good, smart player though and I think he'll do well when he's not consistently having to guard Big Ten caliber opponents.

I've been happy to see Tate Hall break out for Loyola, I covered him quite a bit when he was in high school.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

15. Likes:

Assembly Hall (05-13-2020),dubc47834 (05-14-2020),Revering4Blue (05-13-2020)

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-18-2020),Hillsdale87 (05-18-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    He was a great shooter in high school but that didn't translate to IU. Really, the pace of the game was just too quick for him. He had trouble staying in front of opponents and when he struggled shooting, it took away basically the one positive he could bring.
    He's a good, smart player though and I think he'll do well when he's not consistently having to guard Big Ten caliber opponents.

I've been happy to see Tate Hall break out for Loyola, I covered him quite a bit when he was in high school.
    Thanks for the report.

Tate had a really solid first year for the Ramblers. Started every game and was second on the team in points, rebounds, and assists. Really tough, smart kid who is stout on defense as long he he's not guarding any one too quick. For some reason, he was brutal at the line last year but hopefully that was just an aberration.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

is this good, or would you have preferred him to get another year of high school / AAU ball since he was already committed?

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    is this good, or would you have preferred him to get another year of high school / AAU ball since he was already committed?
    I think another year of HS would have been good for him, but IU is not in a position to be asking kids of his stature to go back to HS. The kid is the #4 PG in his class and we need another ball handler/scorer. Much needed recruit for next year and a great get by Archie. He is definitely winning the recruiting wars within the borders.
    Last edited by dubc47834; 05-19-2020 at 06:18 AM.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I think another year of HS would have been good for him, but IU is not in a position to be asking kids of the stature to go back to HS. The kid is the #4 PG in his class and we need another ball handler/scorer. Much needed recruit for next year and a great get by Archie. He is definitely winning the recruiting wars within the borders.
    I know about the kid....he is a 5 Star. Maybe the silver lining is that he will contribute next season, but not needed to show out to the point where he is looking to bounce quickly....get an additional year out of him.

Turn Off Ads?