Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Juwan Morgan took a break from his NBA Draft prep and made an appearance on an Indianapolis news station Sunday night and was asked about the kind of teammate Romeo Langford was in his lone year in Bloomington.

His response was direct, and shot down any potential narrative that the potential lottery pick might not have been all in on his team last season:

“He was definitely the best teammate I’ve ever been with. All the guys will attest to that, Romeo was not a bad teammate at all. If you were there in the locker room and during practice, you would see the pain he’s going through with his hand. He was in treatment more than anyone else I’ve ever been around, and I’ve been around a lot of injured guys.”

So, there you have it. From Morgan’s perspective, it seems as though Langford fought through a tremendous amount to be on the court with his teammates.
    https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2019/6...ft-news-rumors

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Juwan Morgan Sees a Sophomore Jump For Damezi Anderson

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/indi...mezi-anderson/

---------------------------------------------------------------------

CuJo returns to the B1G Ten (Penn State)

https://247sports.com/college/oklaho...ate-132780101/
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Curtis Jones is a curious one. Me thinks something is going on at Okie St.?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Curtis Jones is a curious one. Me thinks something is going on at Okie St.?
    Could be. But my main takeaway from Jones' decision to join the Nittany Lions:

Given that Lamar Stevens decided to withdraw from the NBA draft; Watkins (the B1G's best rim-protector) returns, and Wheeler and Dread (among others) both return, Jones - along with Dread - can at least help to fill the void caused by Rasir Bolton's decision to transfer to Iowa State. There's also a PG transferring from St. Bonaventure with NCAA tourney experience, IIRC. So, in other words, even with Josh Reaves graduating, this could be the B1Gs surprise team (ala Minnesota last season). Patrick chambers and company, if nothing else, are due for a breakthrough season.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-21-2019)

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-13-2019),Revering4Blue (07-12-2019)

Archie lands another one from the state. 6-5 SG Trey Galloway from Culver.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-02-2019)

Coach Cal offered to do a 2 yr series with y'all, both games in Indy. Just so we're clear now, the series being dead is squarely on IU's shoulders. Now back to your regularly scheduled Hoosier programming.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Coach Cal offered to do a 2 yr series with y'all, both games in Indy. Just so we're clear now, the series being dead is squarely on IU's shoulders. Now back to your regularly scheduled Hoosier programming.
    LOL...we want games on campus. Cal knows this. To him it's all about money. Now back to your regularly scheduled fake news from Kentucky!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    LOL...we want games on campus. Cal knows this. To him it's all about money. Now back to your regularly scheduled fake news from Kentucky!!!
    2 defacto home games in your own backyard and y'all still too scared to agree to it. The only fake news is coming from Bloomington.

14. Likes:

redsfanmia (07-29-2019)

2 defacto home games in your own backyard and y'all still too scared to agree to it. The only fake news is coming from Bloomington.
    The older generation are the only ones who will miss the IU-UK rivalry. What’s sad though is the games were played neutral site in the 90s and nobody complained.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The older generation are the only ones who will miss the IU-UK rivalry. What’s sad though is the games were played neutral site in the 90s and nobody complained.
    I'm part of the older generation and I don't miss it at all. When Knight left Indiana the rivalry died with it too IMO. I could care less if they ever played IU again in the regular season.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I'm part of the older generation and I don't miss it at all. When Knight left Indiana the rivalry died with it too IMO. I could care less if they ever played IU again in the regular season.
    I’d be in favor of bringing back the Big Four and alternate it in Louisville and Indianapolis.

Rotate Kentucky and Louisville playing Indiana and Purdue every other year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (07-30-2019),Hoosier Red (07-30-2019),Revering4Blue (07-30-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

When Crean was the coach he offered up the 2 neutral games, 1 in Indy and 1 in Louisville. Then a home/home game for a 4 game contract. Cal turned that down. Crean wanted games on campus, Cal wanted the money. Nit sure what IU would have to be scared about, its known by most honest IU fans that UK is the better program.

Not sure what Archie's take on this is...havent heard anything on it until this thread was revived.
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Actually it would have been early December, 1987. The #2 'Cats vs. #5 IU in the Dome. I was there...OT thriller.

22. Likes:

dubc47834 (08-02-2019),Revering4Blue (08-05-2019)

And Archie lands another in-state boy...Anthony Leal.

24. Likes:

Revering4Blue (08-20-2019)

Turn Off Ads?