Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

The biggest problem has been they needed the upperclassmen to deliver something this year and they haven't really delivered anything.
    It's easy to say, "just bench those guys and play younger players," but that's much harder to do in reality because the remaining players also know their only chance at winning is if the triad play and play well.
    You can bench them and play walk ons at the end of a game once or twice but that loses its bite pretty quickly, and you risk losing the rest of the team if you try it too often.

Overall, with the new AD coming in a few months, I doubt his seat is warm this offseason, but it will be plenty hot starting next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-14-2020),Revering4Blue (02-13-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Short and to the point (and a Captain Obvious moment)...Much, much needed win!
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-14-2020),dubc47834 (02-14-2020),Playadlc (02-14-2020)

Had to have it. Glad they got it done.

Need to find a way to get to 19 wins. That should get them in.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-14-2020),Revering4Blue (02-14-2020)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Had to have it. Glad they got it done.

Need to find a way to get to 19 wins. That should get them in.
    Definitely need to get to 19 wins...but wouldn't be surprised if the go 0-5 also. This team just baffles me. Last night was the hardest they have played since early in the season. It has to be obvious if they play hard they can beat almost anyone...CRAZY!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Definitely need to get to 19 wins...but wouldn't be surprised if the go 0-5 also. This team just baffles me. Last night was the hardest they have played since early in the season. It has to be obvious if they play hard they can beat almost anyone...CRAZY!!!
    Actually they have 7 games left in regular season conference play.

Aside from upperclassmen under achievements and what not. IU's problem has been outside shooting or lack of it. They have a very talented front line but the team can't knock down the outside shot on a consistent basis. It doesn't have to be 3's, a 18 footer would suffice. The lack of respect for the outside shot enables opposing teams to pack the paint with defenders daring IU to hit open jumpers. When IU does click from the outside things like last night happen. And it should be worth noting that none of Indiana's bigs can shoot from the outside compounding the problem. That is how this "coach" sees it. LOL

As far as remaining games we got: @Michigan, @Minny, Penn St., @Purdue, @Illinois, Minny, and Wisconsin in that order. If we can't get 3 wins out of that then we don't deserve to go dancing. But you never know how the BTT is going to go.

I had given up hope...back in it now.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I had given up hope...back in it now.
    I'm back also, specially since it was a road game and we have always had trouble versus Minny. Let's see how this weekend goes against PSU!!!

I am not sure why Indiana is on the bubble. Their Q score is 7th in the Big 10, they have 0 Quad 3 & 4 losses.

https://bracketresearch.com/team-qua...osses-tracker/

Their NET ranking is not great (#59), but unsure why it is so much lower than Wisconsin, Illinois, Rutgers and Purdue.

14. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I am not sure why Indiana is on the bubble. Their Q score is 7th in the Big 10, they have 0 Quad 3 & 4 losses.

https://bracketresearch.com/team-qua...osses-tracker/

Their NET ranking is not great (#59), but unsure why it is so much lower than Wisconsin, Illinois, Rutgers and Purdue.
    Because their preseason schedule was so weak. If they had played better teams and had the same record, they wouldn't be close to the bubble.

NICE PROFILE PIC!!!

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-20-2020)

I sure wasn't impressed with either of those teams I watched last night. Minnesota played like they had just suited up together for the first time after one week of practice. No cohesion at all, each player playing as an individual, and yet Indiana struggled with them. I'm not as impressed with Big10 basketball this season as it seems the rest of America is.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I sure wasn't impressed with either of those teams I watched last night. Minnesota played like they had just suited up together for the first time after one week of practice. No cohesion at all, each player playing as an individual, and yet Indiana struggled with them. I'm not as impressed with Big10 basketball this season as it seems the rest of America is.
    That same Minnesota team beat the Bucknuts twice.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (02-20-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I think it's less about the big 10 being great and more about the rest of college basketball being pretty weak. The big 10 doesn't have elite teams, but almost every team is at least decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is Northwestern decent?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    How is Northwestern decent?
    I didn't say they were. I said almost every team is decent. NW and Neb are bad. Everybody else is dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    I didn't say they were. I said almost every team is decent. NW and Neb are bad. Everybody else is dangerous

And that Husker team slapped around Purdue and Iowa at home.

Turn Off Ads?