Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Last edited by cumberlandreds; 03-04-2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Masked profanity

2. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (03-03-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Last edited by cumberlandreds; 03-04-2019 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Quoted masked profanity
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Nice
    Did you see his post game presser?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Did you see his post game presser?
    No, he’s in Coach K territory for me, he helped invent the game. What did he say?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

7. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    No, he’s in Coach K territory for me, he helped invent the game. What did he say?
    Just whined about his team's injuries...blah, blah, blah. Acted like a really defeated man.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Just whined about his team's injuries...blah, blah, blah. Acted like a really defeated man.
    Yep.

Losses like this one (especially on the road) are ALWAYS possible. But I found it odd that Izzo would mention fatigue as an issue, when his team had not played in close to one week, while IU’s previous 2 OT victory, was, of course, Tuesday night - stretching past Midnight.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

10. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-03-2019),dubc47834 (03-03-2019),thatcoolguy_22 (03-10-2019)

Per NBC....

INDIANA (NET: 58, SOS: 179): Look, I get it. Indiana is 15-14 on the season. They are 6-12 in the Big Ten. They have been a massive disappointment based off of what the expectations were for this team back in November. But after knocking off No. 6 Michigan State in Bloomington on how many teams in all of college basketball can match these five wins: A sweep of Michigan State (6), Wisconsin (15), Marquette (21), Louisville (25). They also won at Penn State (50) and beat Butler (55) on a neutral.

Overall, Indiana is 6-9 in Q1 games. All 14 of their losses have come against Q1 and Q2 competition. And in a year where we are talking about teams without anything even remotely close to a quality win on their resume, Indiana, at the very least, is in the thick of the conversation.

12. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-04-2019),Revering4Blue (03-04-2019),thatcoolguy_22 (03-10-2019)

Ugh, here we go again. Every year we get teams selected that have below .500 conference records, and I have no doubt it will be any different this year. IMO though, if you are 6-12 in your conference, you shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation.

14. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-04-2019),Sea Ray (03-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Ugh, here we go again. Every year we get teams selected that have below .500 conference records, and I have no doubt it will be any different this year. IMO though, if you are 6-12 in your conference, you shouldn't be anywhere near the conversation.
    I get that to a certain extent. But 68 teams qualify, they have to find them from somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

You got to remember a lot of these conferences play a completely unbalanced schedule. Look at the top 3 in the B1G, IU has played them twice. Purdue, MSU, and Michigan. The regular season doesn't mean much anymore because you don't play every school twice. And keep in mind the B1G plays a 20 game conference schedule. Conversely, it wasn't that long ago that IU won the regular season title with a 15-3 record. 2 games ahead of Sparty. That year IIRC MSU got a #2 seed in the NCAAT. IU was a #5. Not only that but Maryland and Purdue also received #5 seeds. Pick your poison......

17. Likes:

dubc47834 (03-04-2019),Revering4Blue (03-04-2019)

Indiana's got some work to do. They're not in yet.

I like Jerry Palm's bracket now. Tennessee is #1 in the midwest with NC as the #2. Tennessee will have to work to keep that

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

The selection committee doesnt even look at conference record, so why are you using it? I dont have IU in yet, they need to win the last 2 conference games and at least 1 in the B10 tourney!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

20. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-04-2019),Revering4Blue (03-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    The selection committee doesnt even look at conference record, so why are you using it? I dont have IU in yet, they need to win the last 2 conference games and at least 1 in the B10 tourney!
    I don't think beating 3 non tournament bound teams should be what gets them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think beating 3 non tournament bound teams should be what gets them in.
    Wins over Marquette, Louisville, Butler, Wisconsin, and Michigan St.(twice) will be what gets them in. IU has no bad losses.

23. Likes:

thatcoolguy_22 (03-10-2019)

Wins over Marquette, Louisville, Butler, Wisconsin, and Michigan St.(twice) will be what gets them in. IU has no bad losses.
    Rutgers isn't a bad loss? Northwestern?

Turn Off Ads?