Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 44 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Re: Hoosier Basketball: Archie’s Tiki Torch

Shockers at Hoosiers in the NIT!

Yeah, we're not that keen on it here either.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Shockers at Hoosiers in the NIT!

Yeah, we're not that keen on it here either.
    I think the NIT gets a bad rap. I've always found it entertaining and I don't think teams that do well in it need to apologize. They're not the best teams but most of the NCAA isn't made up of the best teams either. There are yrs where I think the NIT winner should crack the top 25 but that never happens. So if your team is in the NIT, enjoy and don't feel like you have to apologize. Your team is getting much needed practice time and tournament experience. In many ways this is more fun and more productive than what UC fans got last weekend

4. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-25-2019),Hoosier Red (03-27-2019)

Well, there's some truth to it being more enjoyable. I can guarantee you the only circumstance under which Xavier could lose in OT at Texas after missing a potential game-winning FT in the final seconds of regulation and I would turn off the TV afterwards and only say "Eh, too bad" is in the NIT! The rest of my day yesterday was much more enjoyable than it typically would have been following that scenario!

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Here is an interesting tidbit on IU......Juwan Morgan is the only guy on the Hoosiers that has played in a NCAA game wearing an IU uniform. That is pretty sad.

7. Likes:

Hoosier Red (03-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Here is an interesting tidbit on IU......Juwan Morgan is the only guy on the Hoosiers that has played in a NCAA game wearing an IU uniform. That is pretty sad.
    I'm not sure I follow. You mean an NCAA Tournament game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not sure I follow. You mean an NCAA Tournament game?
    I am sorry.....but yes, a NCAA tournament game. IU fans my age aren't used to this.

Spring Creaning doesn't stop just because the namesake is gone.
    https://twitter.com/MikeMillerHT/sta...82532356116480
    Can confirm @coreyevans report. Indiana F Clifton Moore is transferring.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Spring Creaning doesn't stop just because the namesake is gone.
    https://twitter.com/MikeMillerHT/sta...82532356116480
    Can confirm @coreyevans report. Indiana F Clifton Moore is transferring.
    This is becoming a problem across college basketball. Its almost like if a player doesn't get instant gratification they are transferring. OSU just lost their second big man in LeDee who is transferring after Potter transferred right before the season started.

Its their right to transfer, but its tough building that cohesive team when players are more apt to transfer when they aren't happy with their PT.

12. Likes:

jimbo (03-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    This is becoming a problem across college basketball. Its almost like if a player doesn't get instant gratification they are transferring. OSU just lost their second big man in LeDee who is transferring after Potter transferred right before the season started.

Its their right to transfer, but its tough building that cohesive team when players are more apt to transfer when they aren't happy with their PT.
    It’s not just basketball. How did Ohio State get their next star QB?

The NCAA has relaxed the rules to where it’s basically over glorified free agency.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post

Moore didn't get any playing time for 2 years. He also wasn't really recruited by Archie. He committed to Crean and likely fits much better in an up-tempo system like Crean's than in Archie's.

These players are looking out for their futures. They've got a finite time to play basketball, and so I can't blame them for trying to put themselves in the best position. I would imagine a lot of coaches pitch things in recruiting that don't come to happen. Not necessarily dishonesty, but coaches can't predict everything. If a guy gets recruited over and transfers, why is the criticism on the player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm generally in favor of players having as much freedom as possible. Glorified Free Agent or no, I have no problem with a player searching for minutes.
    I think Clifton Moore saw the writing on the wall in the 2nd half of the year. He played a total of 23 minutes since January 1, and only 2 minutes since February 1.
    He was a Tom Crean recruit and Crean recruited him with the expectation that he might develop but Crean was rather infamous for recruiting guys to develop and then recruiting "over" them.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-29-2019),Hillsdale87 (03-29-2019),Revering4Blue (03-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Moore didn't get any playing time for 2 years. He also wasn't really recruited by Archie. He committed to Crean and likely fits much better in an up-tempo system like Crean's than in Archie's.

These players are looking out for their futures. They've got a finite time to play basketball, and so I can't blame them for trying to put themselves in the best position. I would imagine a lot of coaches pitch things in recruiting that don't come to happen. Not necessarily dishonesty, but coaches can't predict everything. If a guy gets recruited over and transfers, why is the criticism on the player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed, and though Tom Crean was heavily criticized for it, I don't really have a problem with coaches having honest conversations with players and letting them know if they're not going to likely to have a role next year and "encouraging" them to find playing time elsewhere.

Well this transfer just happens to coincide with the rumor that Joey Brunk(Butler) is coming to IU....

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well this transfer just happens to coincide with the rumor that Joey Brunk(Butler) is coming to IU....
    Would he help?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Would he help?
    Well he would be a proven commodity on the front line for depth and experience.

Turn Off Ads?