Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bob Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Re: Bob Kraft arrested for soliciting prostitution

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The police have said that they have video of two separate incidents involving Kraft and a prostitute. In essence, they have him on tape, and anything Kraft says is pretty much trying to cover his rear and save his legacy.

What I just don't get, apparently Kraft paid between $75 and $100 for the services provided on two occasions. I just don't get it, unless there was much more to Kraft's involvement. One such event happened the day of the AFC Championship game. I heard someone say, a guy like Kraft doesn't go there unless it is something he can't get elsewhere.

Kraft will deny, deny, deny, settle out of court, and continue to deny. He doesn't want those video's to be shown at trial.
    He can't "settle" out of court. This isn't a civil proceeding. He'll have to plead no contest or something to that effect.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Paying the fine isn't going to make his comments that he's 100% innocent go away. If that's his strategy then why come out with the denial? Now he's not only guilty, he's a flat out liar. That puts him in OJ and Pete (Rose) territory. It also opens himself up to a huge sanction from Goodell. Rich people don't care about piddly fines. They care about their reputation. He must have a strategy to fight this. I just don't know what that is yet.
    There are lots of people who claim 100% innocence and later plead guilty. It's posturing more than anything.
    From a PR aspect, once the story came out that's the big news.
    In the biggest story he's charged, and he denies it 100%.
    Whatever happens from here will be relatively small news. The vast majority of the public will remember he was charged no matter what(and will likely have determined his innocence/guilt no matter what happens from here).
    I don't think many people take his denial that seriously, and I think an even smaller number of people will really care that pleads guilty after initially saying he's not guilty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Paying the fine isn't going to make his comments that he's 100% innocent go away. If that's his strategy then why come out with the denial? Now he's not only guilty, he's a flat out liar. That puts him in OJ and Pete (Rose) territory. It also opens himself up to a huge sanction from Goodell. Rich people don't care about piddly fines. They care about their reputation. He must have a strategy to fight this. I just don't know what that is yet.
    I mean who knows what will happen but I imagine there are 2 outcomes.

1) A quick no contest plea and poof (The legal case) it’s gone. Yeah he denied and there is video so the liar thing will follow him around.

2) A mea culpa where he reverses course and admits it in a vetted PR statement. (On a busy newsday perhaps or on a Friday dump) And again quickly pays the fine.

I don’t see him leaving Florida and never returning. I mean if we are talking public image that doesn’t look good either. And also at anytime the video could be leaked....

There's no point in him avoiding Florida. He's going to pay a fine and be done with it from a legal perspective. I assume he'll also get some sort of suspension from the NFL like the Colts owner. His reputation, while maybe not quite "ruined", is never going to be the same. I suspect the harshest sentence he'll receive is the public shaming.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (02-26-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The police have said that they have video of two separate incidents involving Kraft and a prostitute. In essence, they have him on tape, and anything Kraft says is pretty much trying to cover his rear and save his legacy.

What I just don't get, apparently Kraft paid between $75 and $100 for the services provided on two occasions. I just don't get it, unless there was much more to Kraft's involvement. One such event happened the day of the AFC Championship game. I heard someone say, a guy like Kraft doesn't go there unless it is something he can't get elsewhere.

Kraft will deny, deny, deny, settle out of court, and continue to deny. He doesn't want those video's to be shown at trial.
    I wonder if the thing he couldn’t get was anonymity. As long he wasn’t pulling up in a stretch limo could probably pull it off.

Maybe it was misguided but it was close to home, cheap and it got the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    According to what I am seeing/reading Kraft was there when the Pats were playing in the AFC championship game.
    The police surveillance report said that he was in there around 11:00am. Plenty of time for him to get to KC for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I wonder if the thing he couldn’t get was anonymity. As long he wasn’t pulling up in a stretch limo could probably pull it off.

Maybe it was misguided but it was close to home, cheap and it got the job done.
    Not a limo but he pulled up in pretty blue Bentley.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    There are lots of people who claim 100% innocence and later plead guilty. It's posturing more than anything.
    From a PR aspect, once the story came out that's the big news.
    In the biggest story he's charged, and he denies it 100%.
    Whatever happens from here will be relatively small news. The vast majority of the public will remember he was charged no matter what(and will likely have determined his innocence/guilt no matter what happens from here).
    I don't think many people take his denial that seriously, and I think an even smaller number of people will really care that pleads guilty after initially saying he's not guilty.
    If that's the case then why the 100% denial? If he was going to do that, then I'd expect instead of a denial we'd have heard from his camp "we have no comment at this time and will let the legal process proceed." It sure sounds like he'll have a defense but we'll see. We might not know until draft time which is when the hearing will be

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    The police surveillance report said that he was in there around 11:00am. Plenty of time for him to get to KC for the game.
    Well, I hope he took a shower!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well, I hope he took a shower!
    I have a shower on my private jet, so I assume he does too..
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (02-28-2019),M2 (02-26-2019)

Re: Bob Kraft charged with soliciting prostitution

Kraft has officially pleaded not guilty and is requesting a non-jury trial.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...tation-charges
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Just let me know who to make out the check to...
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post

Dang, I have PBC jury duty coming up in a couple weeks and looks like I will miss out...

17. Likes:

M2 (02-28-2019)

State authority now admits there was no evidence of human trafficking - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...an-trafficking

Strange how, no matter the taboo, the smart answer is always "legalize, tax, and regulate."

And strange how we always choose to throw billions of dollars into doing the exact opposite.

Turn Off Ads?