Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2019

Re: College Baseball 2019

Illinois State just had a guy throw a 127 pitch complete game to beat Louisville. In fairness to the coach, the guy is not a pro prospect. Had the day of his life today.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Illinois State just had a guy throw a 127 pitch complete game to beat Louisville. In fairness to the coach, the guy is not a pro prospect. Had the day of his life today.
    I think Illinois State's pitcher Friday also threw 127 pitches and went 8-2/3rd's. Might not be Illinois State, but another pitcher Friday. College Coaches aren't on this 5 innings makes a Starter bandwagon, yet.

Don't want to take anything away from Cincinnati or Michigan. Cincinnati is a fun team to watch right now.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-01-2019 at 07:59 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Never had much confidence Oregon State would win their Regional. They couldn't even win a game. Bowed out of their season losing 10 of 13.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Never had much confidence Oregon State would win their Regional. They couldn't even win a game. Bowed out of their season losing 10 of 13.
    Does the "dynasty" end?

Bearcats tie it at 1 when their runner on 3rd with one out came home on a dropped 3rd strike throw for the out at first. The Mich 3rd baseman didn't move a muscle to cover 3rd when the catcher was trying to bluff him back to 3rd so he'd have time to get the out at first and still be be able to get the throw back from first if the runner tried to score.

Bearcats take a 4-1 lead in the bottom of the 5th on a 2 out, 3 run double by Santiago.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Does the "dynasty" end?
    ...unless Pat Casey returns as Head Coach next season, which he can unxer the current contract. If not, I'd say, yes.

Indiana and Tennessee stay alive.

So who would host a Super between Illinois State and Campbell? That’s a real possibility at this point.

Tennessee survived Liberty in 10 innings. Louisville survived a furious Hoosier rally. Can the Cards beat Illinois State twice?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Tennessee survived Liberty in 10 innings. Louisville survived a furious Hoosier rally. Can the Cards beat Illinois State twice?
    Oh my Hoosiers...dang.

Can the Cards beat the Redbirds twice? Is that an oxymoron? LOL

All 3 Valley teams in the Tournament made a regional final. Impressive performance for that league.

15. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-03-2019)

Go Stanford Cardinal baseball

I don't know what happened to all that great Tennessee pitching in this tournament but they did make it and were 2-2 so I guess that's something to build on. Fun year.

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-03-2019)

At least six games today (and probably 7 if we're being honest about Campbell's chances against ECU). I feel like that's more than normal for a Monday during regionals. Interesting regional round for sure. Creighton stunned Michigan last night with 7 in the 9th to force a final in Corvallis. I think all the 1s have a huge advantage today, because 1 seeds are typically going to be the deepest teams in their regionals. You needed to kill the 1s when you had a chance, and most of the lower seeds failed to do that. To that end, I think Campbell needs to win the first game today. If they get to a second game, I suspect they'll be out of arms capable of holding down an offense like ECU's. While it's exciting to have this many games today, I expect it to be relatively drama free. I think we'll see ECU win twice, and Louisville, Oklahoma State, Creighton, UCLA and Stanford finish off their foes. Oklahoma State/UConn and Creighton/Michigan are probably the two most interesting matchups of the day going in, but that is subject to change quickly if any of the other lower seeds get a lead.

20. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-03-2019),Kingspoint (06-03-2019)

Turn Off Ads?