Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2019

Re: College Baseball 2019

12-0 Tennessee moved into the D1Baseball top 25 at #25. Baseball America still has the Vols unranked. The Vols are #4 in the RPI according to Warren Nolan (before you put too much stock in that, please note that my Xavier Musketeers are #8!).

2. Turn Off Ads?

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseba...ballcom-top-25

Didn't know Oregon State lost yesterday until I looked at the rankings.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Hoosiers got a win over UConn yesterday......right now they have College of Charleston down 5-3 in the 8th.
    They can measure where they are when they face the Beavers Saturday in Seattle (Sunday should be a decent game when Oregon State faces 17th-ranked Coastal Carolina....Minnesota is also in this tournament, who face the Beavers Friday as OSU looks to start another winning streak.)
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Hoosiers got a win over UConn yesterday......right now they have College of Charleston down 5-3 in the 8th.
    You sure it was Charleston and not Coastal Carolina? Looks like you blew the game by giving up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th. Who'd you have closing? JJ Hoover?

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (03-06-2019)

Kentucky lost everyone but our RF, Saturday pitcher, and DH. We might be the youngest team in the SEC this year. Usually we're ranked, but this year we are playing with house money.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You sure it was Charleston and not Coastal Carolina? Looks like you blew the game by giving up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th. Who'd you have closing? JJ Hoover?
    I was drunk....I confess. I know a HBP and walks played into the demise. In my case it was vodka and cranberry juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Game three was 1-0. So one run in 27 innings for JMU. Obviously, that's bad, but Louisville has great pitching They just hit ike...well, something not good.
    JMU woke up from their Louisville hangover and beat one-time bitter basketball rival George Mason, 10-7, on Tuesday. Overall record is 8-4.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-08-2019)

MU Redhawks now stand at 11-3 on the season after a four game sweep of Youngstown State last weekend (who are now 0-13 for the year).
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    JMU woke up from their Louisville hangover and beat one-time bitter basketball rival George Mason, 10-7, on Tuesday. Overall record is 8-4.
    The Dukes flew across country to take on Cal State Fullerton. They won the first two games of the series, 1-0 and 2-0, becoming the first team to ever shut out CSF in back-to-back games on their home field. They'll try for the sweep today.

Since the Louisville series, JMU has won 7 out of 8, and now sits at 14-5.
    -Air Supply

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-17-2019)

So much for the sweep. CSF takes the final game of the series, 12-3. Still, it should be a fairly happy flight back to Virginia for the Dukes.
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    So much for the sweep. CSF takes the final game of the series, 12-3. Still, it should be a fairly happy flight back to Virginia for the Dukes.
    Oregon State got smoked in their Pac-12 opener, 8-0 to UCLA.

Cant believe Arizona State is 19-0 and only ranked #25. They've been mauling people, too, although their 2 of their 3 conference wins this weekend were close.

I thought Louisville was a bit overrated at #7, but then they went out and swept five from ranked teams (#9 Ole Miss and #24 Dook). So I guess they are pretty salty.

Thirteen straight wins for the Redhawks who are about to begin MAC play this weekend. They've mostly faced smaller schools so things could start to get interesting, their first series is against 2018 defending champ Kent State
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

A couple weeks ago the SEC did something that's never happened before. Eleven teams ranked in the top 25

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...-march-4-2019/

Of course that can't continue once the grind of conference play starts. Tenn and South Car have dropped but there's still 9 in the top 25. The SEC pitching is off the charts this yr

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    A couple weeks ago the SEC did something that's never happened before. Eleven teams ranked in the top 25

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...-march-4-2019/

Of course that can't continue once the grind of conference play starts. Tenn and South Car have dropped but there's still 9 in the top 25. The SEC pitching is off the charts this yr
    https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/baseba...ballcom-top-25

Pac-12 has #1, #3, #7 & #9.

I expected OSU to fall from #2 (to #7) after losing 5-1 @ the Portland Pilots (2 blocks from my house and I couldn't make the game) Tuesday; and, last week's voting didn't include OSU's late Sunday Night loss to Cal.

UCLA #1, STAN #3, ASU (with only one loss) #9.

UCLA @ STAN this weekend. Probably the best weekend Series the first third of this NCAA season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-01-2019 at 12:48 AM.

Turn Off Ads?