Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2019

Re: College Baseball 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    ACC Coastal. Louisville has the best record in the ACC.
    Thanks for the catch there, yes, meant ACC Coastal.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oklahoma State swept the Beavers at Corvallis, their first home-loss sweep since 2010. Add to that their loss to Gonzaga mid-week and Oregon State should plunge out of the Top-10.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

D1Baseball has Oregon State down to #12.

East Carolina is a team to watch for sure. Late '90s/early 2000s they flirted with making the CWS a number of times. They've been good but not great since then, but now they're checking in at #9 in the polls. If they can sneak into that top 8, they'd have home field advantage all the way to Omaha. They'd probably end up having to contend with UNC in the Supers, though, which is never going to be easy within the borders of the state.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-06-2019)

East Carolina is a team to watch for sure. Late '90s/early 2000s they flirted with making the CWS a number of times. They've been good but not great since then, but now they're checking in at #9 in the polls. If they can sneak into that top 8, they'd have home field advantage all the way to Omaha. They'd probably end up having to contend with UNC in the Supers, though, which is never going to be easy within the borders of the state.
    Home field advantage is huge.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Nice to see their program get back to excellence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Nice to see their program get back to excellence.
    Agree, they seemed to lose their mojo after LeClair died of ALS. I'm likely to go out and see them do indecent things to my homestanding Shockers this weekend. I actually have not been to a Shockers game this year for the first time since moving here, so I'm glad that for my last opportunity there will be at least one good team in the stadium!

Agree, they seemed to lose their mojo after LeClair died of ALS. I'm likely to go out and see them do indecent things to my homestanding Shockers this weekend. I actually have not been to a Shockers game this year for the first time since moving here, so I'm glad that for my last opportunity there will be at least one good team in the stadium!
    Even if you get swept, it makes for some great baseball to watch in person.

Those SE schools always have some big guys who can hit with power. If your pitching can keep them under control, you'll have a good chance.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Hoosiers going for the 3 game sweep today in Ann Arbor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Even if you get swept, it makes for some great baseball to watch in person.

Those SE schools always have some big guys who can hit with power. If your pitching can keep them under control, you'll have a good chance.
    We ende up going out there yesterday, which was a great choice. Wichita State had a senior starter pitching for his last time at home, and he made it memorable. Complete game 3-1 winner over #9 ECU. ECU won Friday night 6-1, and I assume they will romp today.

I see my Vols played 3 one run games vs FL in Gainesville and managed to win two of them. They probably had to do that in order to stay ranked in USA Today/ESPN poll

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (05-12-2019)

We ende up going out there yesterday, which was a great choice. Wichita State had a senior starter pitching for his last time at home, and he made it memorable. Complete game 3-1 winner over #9 ECU. ECU won Friday night 6-1, and I assume they will romp today.
    Nice encore for the Senior. Special moments.

It took 12 innings for Louisville to beat the Hoosiers in Bloomington yesterday, 8-7. Midweek games aren't nearly as important as weekend series, but with Louisville kind of falling in the 8/9 position nationally, a win on the road over a ranked team cannot hurt in the quest for a national seed. Now they need to take care of Florida State at home.

With very little time left, Baseball America has their projected field of 64:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...d-of-64-51519/

Currently:

Last Four In

Connecticut
    Tennessee
    Clemson
    Virginia

- - - Updated - - -

They have Indiana, Tennessee and Ball State in Louisville's group.

They picked Creighton over Xavier even though Xavier is first in the Big East and won the series in Omaha. Boo!!!!

Turn Off Ads?