Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sonny Gray Thread

Re: The Sonny Gray Thread

Quote Originally Posted by redsrule2500 View Post
    Thanks for your pointless non-rebuttal. Anyone else unable to argue my point?
    Your "point" is at best a dull attempt at trolling an already worn out Redszone meme. Every team has injury concerns all the time. Kremcheck has been the Reds team physician for decades and you named two relievers who got injured during his tenure and want to throw some blame at his feet for some absurd reason.
    And you brought it all up because a current Reds pitcher--who's not actually hurt--missed a start with arm stiffness in spring training, something that happens all the time.
    Kremcheck is a well respected doctor/surgeon and your post was an ignorant, half-baked attempt at pot stirring on a baseball message board where practically everyone else reading said post is immeasurably more intelligent than you.
    Hence, nobody responded to it but me, because I'm dumb and I take troll bait.
    Blaming doctors for injuries in sports is about as intelligent as blaming the fence when an outfielder runs into it and hurts himself.
    Is that better?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Likes:

Chip R (03-12-2019),HammerTime (03-12-2019),Hoosier Red (03-12-2019),TRF (03-19-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Your "point" is at best a dull attempt at trolling an already worn out Redszone meme. Every team has injury concerns all the time. Kremcheck has been the Reds team physician for decades and you named two relievers who got injured during his tenure and want to throw some blame at his feet for some absurd reason.
    And you brought it all up because a current Reds pitcher--who's not actually hurt--missed a start with arm stiffness in spring training, something that happens all the time.
    Kremcheck is a well respected doctor/surgeon and your post was an ignorant, half-baked attempt at pot stirring on a baseball message board where practically everyone else reading said post is immeasurably more intelligent than you.
    Hence, nobody responded to it but me, because I'm dumb and I take troll bait.
    Blaming doctors for injuries in sports is about as intelligent as blaming the fence when an outfielder runs into it and hurts himself.
    Is that better?
    That's a lot more words but the same amount of actual content.

The Reds have been in the top 5 for injuries on nearly every report I've seen since Kremcheck has taken over in 1996. Here's the last one I remembered seeing on fangraphs and another I just found:

2002-2011: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/10-year-...d-list-trends/
    #4 in Pitcher trips to the DL and #2 in Pitcher days lost to the DL.

2013-2017: https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/2017-d...t-information/
    #3 in Pitcher trips to DL and #2 in Pitcher days lost to the DL
    Last edited by redsrule2500; 03-12-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

The Reds have been in the top 5 for injuries on nearly every report I've seen since Kremcheck has taken over in 1996. Here's the last one I remembered seeing on fangraphs and another I just found:

Blaming a physician for every trip to the DL is like blaming your mechanic because your car needs new brakes.
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

6. Likes:

HammerTime (03-12-2019),RED VAN HOT (03-19-2019)

In 2012, the Reds 5 starting pitchers didn't miss a single game. Was Kremcheck having an uncharacteristically good year or something? What's that all about?
    -RichRed

8. Likes:

TRF (03-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    I hope Sonny Grey is not a hybrid of

Sonny Ruberto and ace reliever Jeff Grey
    Look, this isn't the first time Sonny came home with a pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    In 2012, the Reds 5 starting pitchers didn't miss a single game. Was Kremcheck having an uncharacteristically good year or something? What's that all about?
    I pointed out a long-term, observable trend against every other comparable franchise.

You pointed out that 1) cars brakes wear over time and 2) that in one cherry-picked year, Reds pitchers were injured less than most of the league.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

I pointed out a long-term, observable trend against every other comparable franchise.

You pointed out that 1) cars brakes wear over time and 2) that in one cherry-picked year, Reds pitchers were injured less than most of the league.
    I do not believe that the Reds are high on the list because of the Medical staff. They are high on the list because of the lousy way they handled pitchers work loads especially the increase in innings between years. Many of the starting pitchers that got injured came after huge jumps in innings pitched. And once you get injured it is easy to get injured again roughly 80% of guys that are injured during this year were hurt last year.

12. Likes:

M2 (03-19-2019),Revering4Blue (03-23-2019),Ron Madden (03-19-2019),TRF (03-19-2019)

I think having good pitchers is what makes the difference.

14. Likes:

HammerTime (03-14-2019),OGB (03-12-2019)

Cherry picking? If that second list was from 2012-2017 the results would be completely different. Your argument is based around compiling historical injury data and then omitting the year where the Reds were healthier than almost any team in the league.

And somehow making the leap that doctors cause injuries.
    -RichRed

Apparently you glossed over the part of that post where I pointed out that Sonny Gray isn't injured. He may become injured at some point. It happens in sports. He didn't come to the Reds with some ailment that Kremcheck missed or misdiagnosed.

That said, maybe you should leave this thread and start a new one since the Kremcheck talk isn't applicable here.
    -RichRed

My two cents is that the injury bug is directly linked to the low budget approach to stocking the roster. You buy a fixer upper because it's affordable, expect to spend time and money on repairs. You buy a completely restored property where everything is immaculate and new, it costs a lot of dough, but the repairs are minimal until it gets some age or mileage on it. It's why I've never bought the bad luck argument over the last few years. It's not bad luck when you hitch your wagon to guys with a known injury history.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

18. Likes:

marcshoe (03-19-2019),Revering4Blue (03-23-2019)

He still bangs

Anybody else notice tomorrow is Sonny’s day to pitch, but Sims is scheduled to start?

Wonder if they’re jimmy-rigging the rotation to get Sonny lined up for OD.

20. Likes:

757690 (03-18-2019),Griffey012 (03-19-2019),Old school 1983 (03-19-2019)

He still bangs

MLB has Sims today, Roark tomorrow, Disco Wednesday. If Sonny pitches Thursday or Friday, he’ll be lined up for OD with an extra day of rest thrown in there somewhere. My guess is he pitches a bullpen today or tomorrow, starts Friday.

22. Likes:

Griffey012 (03-19-2019),marcshoe (03-19-2019),Ron Madden (03-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    MLB has Sims today, Roark tomorrow, Disco Wednesday. If Sonny pitches Thursday or Friday, he’ll be lined up for OD with an extra day of rest thrown in there somewhere. My guess is he pitches a bullpen today or tomorrow, starts Friday.
    Thanks; I got out a calendar earlier, but didn't get around to looking at it.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

How many times have our pitchers been injured and it was missed by Kremcheck?

Gary Majewski, Ryan Madson come immediately to mind.
    Probably as many times as it has happened to literally every professional sports teams on earth?

Looking for perfect records in medicine is like tilting at windmills.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?