Turn Off Ads?
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    If you have to explain to someone why they’re wrong, you’ve failed to prove that they’re wrong.
    If a majority of people who see a show, don’t understand something in it, they are not wrong, the writers failed at their number one job, tell a coherent story.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    You didn't read the books, so you really don't get to tell people who read the books what they're supposed to know about the books.
    Lol, you do love telling people what they can and cannot do. I would love be a fly on the wall during one of your therapy sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I’m talking character development, not plot. You are correct, his plots are way more complex, which leads them to be less nuanced, with characters that are less complex.
    Thanks for booksplaining a book series to me I’ve read and you have not.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You’re welcome Clearly, you needed the help.

But seriously, it should be noted that I agreed with you in that post.
    Last edited by 757690; 05-22-2019 at 11:09 PM.

They call me "chef"

If you have to read the books to know what’s in the books, you’ve failed as a book reader.

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (05-22-2019),SteelSD (05-22-2019)

This article mirrors almost exactly what I was told about the differences between the books and the series.

http://time.com/5567981/game-of-thrones-books-show/
    Well, one clickbaity article def nailed it. Again, thanks for educating me on a book series I’ve read, twice, and you have not.

Well, one clickbaity article def nailed it. Again, thanks for educating me on a book series I’ve read, twice, and you have not.
    Lol, Time Magazine is clickbait.

And again, I agreed with you in that post, so not sure what you’re talking about.

Lol, you do love telling people what they can and cannot do. I would love be a fly on the wall during one of your therapy sessions.
    Seriously, you popped up again in the thread to tell people what they're supposed to think about a book series you've never read and it's somehow everyone else with the problem.

Look, I'm sorry that it'll cost you some coin to get the Daenerys Rules! tattoo removed from whichever cheek you had it inked on. Maybe had you read the books or paid a little more attention to the show, you'd have been able to avoid that. Either way, I'm not starting go gofundme page for you, no matter how much you beg.

Now maybe instead of sullying up this thread, go start one where you can tell folks how to interpret paintings you haven't seen, done by artists you've never heard of, that hang in museums you've never visited. Then feel free to tell more jokes that aren't jokes and lay out more spoilers that aren't spoilers. Just please stop engaging in arguments for the sake of argument that you later explain aren't arguments for the sake of argument...like the argument that's not the argument you're currently engaged in.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Seriously, you popped up again in the thread to tell people what they're supposed to think about a book series you've never read and it's somehow everyone else with the problem.

Look, I'm sorry that it'll cost you some coin to get the Daenerys Rules! tattoo removed from whichever cheek you had it inked on. Maybe had you read the books or paid a little more attention to the show, you'd have been able to avoid that. Either way, I'm not starting go gofundme page for you, no matter how much you beg.

Now maybe instead of sullying up this thread, go start one where you can tell folks how to interpret paintings you haven't seen, done by artists you've never heard of, that hang in museums you've never visited. Then feel free to tell more jokes that aren't jokes and lay out more spoilers that aren't spoilers. Just please stop engaging in arguments for the sake of argument that you later explain aren't arguments for the sake of argument...like the argument that's not the argument you're currently engaged in.
    That was a good healthy rant. I hope it made you feel better. I’ll send my therapist bill in the mail.

That was a good healthy rant. I hope it made you feel better. I’ll send my therapist bill in the mail.
    I'm not sure who Bill is or that he'll fit in a package, but when you speak with him, also ask him where Cliff is.

'Cause it's pretty obvious that you at least need the latter's notes before you continue to explain books you haven't read.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Lol, Time Magazine is clickbait.

And again, I agreed with you in that post, so not sure what you’re talking about.
    “One” clickbaity article.

Please point out where I said all of Time Magazine is clickbait.

Jorah was orginally going to live:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...153221872.html

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/th...&utm_brand=tny

Daenerys Tells All!
    Emilia Clarke on the final episode of “Game of Thrones,” meeting Beyoncé, and the sad fate of Daenerys Targaryen.

Throughout the show, there have been these glorious moments of Daenerys taking on a very strong role in a battle or in a decision to be made. There were these wonderful moments when she takes control, and it’s really liberating and beautiful. She frees people, she kills the baddies, and it feels good.

And, I must admit, I was sitting tentatively on that chair thinking, How long is this going to last? Everyone was saying, “Isn’t she great? She’s our savior, Mhysa.” It’s been beautiful and amazing, but I’ve been looking over my shoulder the entire time while everyone else gets a more human—for want of a better word—story line. They do good things. They do bad things. They do silly things. They do brilliant things. They fall in love. They break hearts. Daenerys has quite consistently had this road to salvation, and she’s been sitting atop a very safe mountain.
    I’ve always wanted to warm her up, because I’ve seen the more feminine aspects of her. I’m not saying that as anything derogatory at all. But she was a child. She was sold. She grew up around a life that was written for her. She was on the run her entire life. She lost every single person that meant anything to her. She was brought up by a brother who was telling her why her family had been taken from her, because people haven’t allowed them to inhabit the Iron Throne.

So that’s always been her mission and, at every turn, she’s sacrificed everything. She sacrificed being a mother. She sacrificed love. She sacrificed happiness. She sacrificed an easy life. She sacrificed friends. She sacrificed everything to be the ruler that she believes herself to be. And, with each next step up that ladder—with each next mass killing, with each bad person that she kills, for every ten good people that she saves, for putting her friends and her lovers in harm’s way—each step up that ladder has just solidified her course towards sitting on top of the Iron Throne. Because then it will all have been worth it.
    If they were to reshoot and redo Season 8 entirely, what would you want to happen?

Oh, my goodness. Well, I can only speak to my own character, and the people that I interact with on the show. But I would’ve loved some more scenes with me and Missandei. I would’ve loved some more scenes with me and Cersei...

Yeah. I would’ve loved some more scenes between Grey Worm and Missandei. I would’ve loved to see a bit more between Cersei . . . I feel like there was . . . The genocide was there. That was always going to happen. And I just think more dissection and those beautifully written scenes that the boys have between characters—that we are more than happy to contently sit there and watch ten minutes of two people talking, because it’s beautiful. I just wanted to see a bit more of that.

Turn Off Ads?