Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

SPOILER ALERT

The Hound has to face his brother. Pod and a few others surprised me, but not as much as none of the major players dying. I thought either Dany or Jon would go.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 04-28-2019 at 11:52 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My god. I dont even know what to say.

Best episode of television I have ever seen in my life. I think that was better than all movies ever made except like 20 or so.

Just amazing.
    I got battle scene fatigue and a little annoyed at the lack of big character deaths but Arya’s leap absolutely validated and elevated the entire episode to the status you’re proclaiming here. One of my favorite TV moments I’ve ever seen. I stopped breathing for a few seconds.

Real amazing storytelling if you follow the history of the dagger. Bran has offered up the notion characters had to go through everything they did to bring them to that moment. The same applies to the dagger, which has been in play since the second episode, when Petyr Baelish gave it to an assassin to to kill Bran Stark and foment war between the Starks and the Lannisters. It travels south and then north again, eventually finding it's way to Arya, who executes Baelish with it. Yet that assassination attempt, foiled by Catelyn Stark, introduces the weapon that saves all of humanity. Everything touched off by it, all the horror and bloodshed, was essential for that weapon to deliver the crucial blow. It's kind of mind boggling.

So it was Arya with the dagger in the Godswood.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-29-2019),BuckeyeRed27 (04-29-2019),marcshoe (04-29-2019),RedEye (04-29-2019),reds1869 (04-29-2019),RedTeamGo! (04-29-2019),Yachtzee (04-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I got battle scene fatigue and a little annoyed at the lack of big character deaths but Arya’s leap absolutely validated and elevated the entire episode to the status you’re proclaiming here. One of my favorite TV moments I’ve ever seen. I stopped breathing for a few seconds.
    I kind of realized they had to save some characters for King’s Landing about 5 mins after it ended.

I gotta say, the best part about GoT is during that episode you really don’t know if the “good guys” were going to win. I really thought Bran was about to die.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I can’t believe they killer off Tony Stark. He was my favorite of all the Starks.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

I thought they broke it up nicely. One trope I was really happy to see them use is what I call Aeon Flux rallies, where one warrior just starts plowing through the enemy. Arya, Jon, Jorah and Theon all got one.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Phew...what a doozy. Can't imagine how much work went into that episode. The music. Cinematography. That shot of Beric being stabbed in the back while blocking the dead from Arya/Hound looking like Jesus was one of my favorites in the entire series.

No huge surprises, really - Arya killing The Night King was always a possibility (and one that some people were not so thrilled with), although I didn't expect it to happen this early. I'm curious what Bran's role is going to be the rest of the season now. Also, for a second there, I seriously thought Sansa and Tyrion were going to kill themselves.

Edit: Remember who gave Arya that dagger?
    Last edited by Ohayou; 04-29-2019 at 02:10 AM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Great hour of television but story wise it kind of falls apart when you start looking at it too much. I'm glad to get an ending, but these guys just aren't as interesting as Martin.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

11. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (04-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    story wise it kind of falls apart when you start looking at it too much.
    Man, I just think the complete opposite. The entire story spent years building Arya up for that moment, quite stealthily.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I can’t believe they killer off Tony Stark. He was my favorite of all the Starks.
    Can you delete this please? I know you’re joking, but you just spoiled something completely unrelated to GoT.

I enjoyed the episode. Arya is one of my favorites, so I was happy she made the kill. I wouldn't be surprised if Jon is the one who does it if the old man finishes the books (not likely). I can see why book readers would be upset that it was Arya, but prophecy has been downplayed to almost non-existence (outside of Maggie the Frog and a few hits and misses by the Red Woman) on the show, so Jon not taking down the Night King is plausible.

I also thought more main characters would die. Having two dragons left should make up for not having much of an army to face Cersei. We should get Clegane Bowl and one of the two Lannister brothers choking out Cersei.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Seriously? I have avoided all spoilers for Endgame until my wife and I could see it this upcoming weekend. Thanks.
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose.

-Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble View Post
    Seriously? I have avoided all spoilers for Endgame until my wife and I could see it this upcoming weekend. Thanks.
    There are a million GOT spoilers in this thread without any warnings, and I get yelled at for a joke about Endgame, which may or may not be true?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

They call me "chef"

Is it really a spoiler if he’s already seen it and doesn’t really care if you haven’t?

18. Likes:

Kinsm (04-29-2019)

Is it really a spoiler if he’s already seen it and doesn’t really care if you haven’t?
    I didn't realize he was spoiling the Endgame movie because I'm not some comic book nerd.

Anyway, now that we know that Arya defeats the Night King, let me share with you four passages from the third book that point towards Arya actually being a Targaryan...

20. Likes:

Larry Schuler (04-29-2019)

Turn Off Ads?