Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Was I the only person to think that she was going to softly say "Daenerys Targaryan" right before she saw said horse?
    Was really hoping for that. BTW, I think that was Harry Strickland's horse.

Four things they've got to get done in the final episode - kill Drogon, defeat Dany's army, lop off Dany's head, sort out the kingdom(s). Really wish we were getting two episodes for that - first the fall of Dany, then spend an episode disposing of Dany and the kingdom. It's not even a pure time thing, just think it would be easier to process as two separate episodes.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Likes:

SteelSD (05-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Totally, unequivocally disagree.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0944947/episodes

Not that wisdom of crowds is an argument ender or anything, and I'm really not suggesting that, but it's interesting to look at the scores of these last two episodes.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

Not that wisdom of crowds is an argument ender or anything, and I'm really not suggesting that, but it's interesting to look at the scores of these last two episodes.
    Don't give a rip about that. Drogon was Chekov's loose nuke. Dany was always using him to roast the good people of Westeros. She was bringing fire and blood. It's her house's mantra. We were always headed here.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

https://www.change.org/p/hbo-fire-d-...rones-season-8

Real Change.org Petition:

Fire D&D and have HBO redo Game of Thrones Season 8
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Don't give a rip about that. Drogon was Chekov's loose nuke. Dany was always using him to roast the good people of Westeros. She was bringing fire and blood. It's her house's mantra. We were always headed here.
    Yeah, it's not about where it ended up is what you're missing, thematically it fits fine, it's about the poor writing and how it got here.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

8. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (05-13-2019),RiverRat13 (05-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

That IMDb score was at 7.2 for last night’s episode before it even aired. That score is 100% meaningless. There’s a lot of haters, the incels are upset a wo-wo-woooman killed the night king.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

M2 (05-13-2019),Rojo Rijo (05-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

Incels can’t handle women doing things.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Incels can’t handle women doing things.
    Because the “progressive” turn is to have two of the three women left with significant power going into this season wind up being mad? How did we get to this point with Dany? By her following every counsel given to her by Tyrion. So we have a woman protagonist whose male counsel repeatedly fails her, yet she ends up the villain while he is in a position to be a hero. Sounds like a great example of Girl Power to me.

D&D were given the chance to have 10 episodes this season. They declined because they were (understandably) ready to be done with this world. But those 4 missing episodes could have made all of the difference to logically get to where they wanted to go. Instead, we get a rushed season and an even more rushed heel turn by Dany. Sorry, but it doesn’t feel earned.

Now that Dany is the Mad Queen, the logical first step would be for her to execute the only other person with a claim to the throne. Then ride North and give Sansa one chance to kneel properly and roast her if she refuses. Yet we know neither of those things will happen.

13. Likes:

Redsfaithful (05-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Because the “progressive” turn is to have two of the three women left with significant power going into this season wind up being mad? How did we get to this point with Dany? By her following every counsel given to her by Tyrion. So we have a woman protagonist whose male counsel repeatedly fails her, yet she ends up the villain while he is in a position to be a hero. Sounds like a great example of Girl Power to me.

D&D were given the chance to have 10 episodes this season. They declined because they were (understandably) ready to be done with this world. But those 4 missing episodes could have made all of the difference to logically get to where they wanted to go. Instead, we get a rushed season and an even more rushed heel turn by Dany. Sorry, but it doesn’t feel earned.

Now that Dany is the Mad Queen, the logical first step would be for her to execute the only other person with a claim to the throne. Then ride North and give Sansa one chance to kneel properly and roast her if she refuses. Yet we know neither of those things will happen.
    It makes sense because Dany is a Targaryan.

I have absolutely no idea why this is difficult for people.

As for the incel thing, I check out reddit after the episodes and a lot of dudes were and are upset about Arya killing the night king and not Jon. Literally they “brigaded” the IMDb rankings for the last 2 episodes before the shows even aired.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 05-13-2019 at 08:22 AM.

15. Likes:

Kinsm (05-13-2019),M2 (05-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Yeah, lots of questions.

Arya. Doesn't Death ride a pale horse? Was I the only person to think that she was going to softly say "Daenerys Targaryan" right before she saw said horse?

Didn't Daenerys once say that she didn't come over to be the queen of ashes? Welp. Guess that didn't work out, eh?

If a Euron stabs a Jamie on a beach, but no one is there to see it and Jamie is crushed by falling stone anyway, does Euron receive all, some, or no posthumous credit for killing him? That one should be added to the LSAT.

Is Tyrion the cleverest dumb person or the dumbest clever person in Westeros?

Is it wrong of me to think there's a 2% chance that Bronn will show up with 10 minutes left in the series finale, shoot everyone with that stupid crossbow, and have a smoke on the Iron Throne?

Really, wasn't the most out-of-character thing Cersei's "Baghdad Bob" act? Did anyone else expect her to start shouting "Do not be alarmed!! There are no dragons in King's landing!!!"?

Will someone please tell Tormund that Brienne is now available?
    Well, now we know that, if Dany is toast, Greyworm is toast too. I feel like he had a choice where he could realize what Dany had become, sided with Jon Snow, and then taken the Unsullied back to Mereen to prevent it from falling back into its old ways. When he started the killing of surrendered soldiers, I said, "Greyworm has to die." But then, his fate was probably sealed when Missandei was killed.

I also feel like they really subverted Jamie's redemption story. It seemed like everything from season one was pointing toward him having to choose to kill Cersei in order to try to stop the destruction of King's Landing, right down to Tyrion freeing him with the instructions to ring the bells to signal the surrender.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Well, now we know that, if Dany is toast, Greyworm is toast too. I feel like he had a choice where he could realize what Dany had become, sided with Jon Snow, and then taken the Unsullied back to Mereen to prevent it from falling back into its old ways. When he started the killing of surrendered soldiers, I said, "Greyworm has to die." But then, his fate was probably sealed when Missandei was killed.

I also feel like they really subverted Jamie's redemption story. It seemed like everything from season one was pointing toward him having to choose to kill Cersei in order to try to stop the destruction of King's Landing, right down to Tyrion freeing him with the instructions to ring the bells to signal the surrender.
    I actually really liked Jaime’s conclusion. I thought his redemption story was always forced. He was a horrible person because of his sister, he literally pushed a child out of a window for her. I think people should revisit the first season and see how awful of a person he was. In the end he reverted back to being awful. It was a realistic conclusion IMHO.

18. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (05-13-2019)

It makes sense because Dany is a Targaryan.

I have absolutely no idea why this is difficult for people.

As for the incel thing, I check out reddit after the episodes and a lot of dudes were and are upset about Arya killing the night king and not Jon. Literally they “brigaded” the IMDb rankings for the last 2 episodes before the shows even aired.
    I was fine with Arya killing the Night King but understand why others were not. Jon’s story lines up with The Prince That Was Promised. It makes the most sense that he killed the NK and died doing it. It’s fine that it didn’t go that way, but if we’re going to ignore the books, then you don’t get to say “Dany is a Targ!!1!1!1!1!!” to hand-waive how quick and unearned her turn was over just two episodes.

I was fine with Arya killing the Night King but understand why others were not. Jon’s story lines up with The Prince That Was Promised. It makes the most sense that he killed the NK and died doing it. It’s fine that it didn’t go that way, but if we’re going to ignore the books, then you don’t get to say “Dany is a Targ!!1!1!1!1!!” to hand-waive how quick and unearned her turn was over just two episodes.
    I’m not following your !1!1!1 point. I read the books, she showed signs of going mad in those as well. And that is not remotely the reason most are pissed Arya killed the NK.

I’m not following your !1!1!1 point. I read the books, she showed signs of going mad in those as well. And that is not remotely the reason most are pissed Arya killed the NK.
    Yes, she is already showing signs in the books. And if he finishes them, I’d imagine there are a couple thousand more pages of stories to show us how she gets all the way there. The show gives us one episode where she loses a dragon (in a mind numbingly dumb way) Jon tells his family his secret and Missandei gets killed, and that’s enough to drive her to kill tens of thousands? Okay. Like I said, if she’s mad enough to that, toasting Jon immediately is the only logical next step. But we know that won’t happen.

Yes, she is already showing signs in the books. And if he finishes them, I’d imagine there are a couple thousand more pages of stories to show us how she gets all the way there. The show gives us one episode where she loses a dragon (in a mind numbingly dumb way) Jon tells his family his secret and Missandei gets killed, and that’s enough to drive her to kill tens of thousands? Okay. Like I said, if she’s mad enough to that, toasting Jon immediately is the only logical next step. But we know that won’t happen.
    Right, you just need to give us more as to why she would do this. The mass genocide of a city because your mad the Queen killed your friend and the people like your nephew/boyfriend more is a huge leap. They could have used worthless Bran and showed a flashback to her father and his progression and how it tracked from well intentioned to “Mad King”. Just do something to show us, anything!

Turn Off Ads?