Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Tonight's gameday poster:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I've forgotten pretty much everything. Still pumped for this weekend.
    A blond vixen has dragons.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Theories:

- Jaime's arrival in Winterfell is going to cause a Jon-Dany schism. We can see from the preview for next week that she takes exception to him killing her father. Literally everyone else in Winterfell is going to disagree with her. Dany's back to being imperious in this episode, and Sam made a pile of good points about how Dany isn't exactly a woman of the people. Also, Sansa clearly sees this "greatest army ever assembled" plan going sideways. Jon asked Sansa, "Do you think we can beat the army of the dead without her (Dany)?" I suspect he's going to have to do exactly that.

- Jon rode Rhaegal, which in the books means he's now bonded with the dragon. If that holds true in the show, that means Jon now has a dragon.

- I maintain the Night King is going to split his force and take the main part of it south toward King's Landing. He can see everything his dead minions see. At the end of last season, they brought a wight to King's Landing. He's sending his B team after Winterfell.

- Beric has got to teach some other people his flaming sword trick. It's crazy useful.

- One of the big themes of the show is whether the truth matters. It's been fighting a losing battle for seven seasons. Jon's true lineage is sort of the ultimate test for it, whether people care about it and if any good can come of knowing it.
    Last edited by M2; 04-15-2019 at 02:08 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Will be interesting what Arya tries to kill with the gun she is having Gendry make. I would think the dragon, but I guess it could be the Night King.

I also wonder if they'll ever explain the spiral symbol the white walkers make. This is the 3rd or 4th time it's been in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I also wonder if they'll ever explain the spiral symbol the white walkers make. This is the 3rd or 4th time it's been in the show.
    Random "Great Other" theory: maybe lurking in the crypts below Winterfell is a chamber with that symbol on the door and the Great Other trapped inside.

Will be interesting what Arya tries to kill with the gun she is having Gendry make. I would think the dragon, but I guess it could be the Night King.

https://www.theringer.com/game-of-th...rest-ned-umber

The ultimate season 1-7 refresher.

Looks something like this:

It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

9. Likes:

M2 (04-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Looks something like this:

By Joffrey, I think he's got it.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    By Joffrey, I think he's got it.
    Ok but why?

Ok but why?
    Song of Ice and Fire, right? I don't know the exact connection, but I feel like there's an answer underneath of Winterfell.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I could see Dany dying in the end, in a similar fashion to Ygritte. The ending is supposed to be bittersweet...lol. Something tells me Bran saves everybody in the end and sacrifices himself. Or Jon kills him. Jon is going to make it, I'd predict. I hope all of my predictions are wrong, though. I've been surprisingly on point these last two seasons.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I could see Dany dying in the end, in a similar fashion to Ygritte. The ending is supposed to be bittersweet...lol. Something tells me Bran saves everybody in the end and sacrifices himself. Or Jon kills him. Jon is going to make it, I'd predict. I hope all of my predictions are wrong, though. I've been surprisingly on point these last two seasons.
    I don’t think Dany makes it to the last episode.

The Night King is going to end up on the throne and everyone is going to die.

That prediction may moreso be a result of my overall cyclical outlook on life right now, but I think it’s what Martin wants.

While all the humans are squabbling over the throne the thing they cannot unite to fight wins.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Night King is going to end up on the throne and everyone is going to die.
    ...and then they end it like Slumdog Millionaire with the entire army of the dead doing a Bollywood-style dance number!
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

17. Likes:

M2 (04-19-2019)

I don’t think Dany makes it to the last episode.
    Interesting theory. Tell me more.

Turn Off Ads?