Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 8

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Saw some cool kids trashing this episode online but I thought it was an earned bit of fan service. All your favorites getting in their last hurrahs and having a party at the end of the world.
    Yeah, episode 2 was a celebration of humanity, and a reminder of why we care about these characters. I don't want to see them just up and die.

If I remember correctly, there were talks of the final season being made into a movie instead. This is just a longer version, and we just finished Act I. Kind of crazy to think the Battle for Winterfell could possibly be wrapped up after 1 episode.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

My guesses as to casualties:

1. Arya. Sadly, unless she and Gendry are going to be King & Queen of the Iron Throne, her story is basically complete. They let her get a poke in for good measure.
    2. Brienne. Being knighted by Ser Jamie was the capper. She'll die heroically in battle, possibly saving the very man who knighted her.
    3. Theon. Him returning to Winterfell was a death sentence, and he knew it.
    4. Missandei or Greyworm. One or both. They couldn't have telegraphed this more than they did.
    5. Tormund. He'll see Brienne fall and it'll drive him into a frenzy-filled berzerk and he'll be offed in battle.
    6. Ser Jorah. He was given the sword by Sam, and admitted Tyrion was a great choice of "hand" for Dany. His story is finished.

Possibly Jamie. I've talked to a lot of people who think he buys it in this battle. I disagree. I think he's got a lot of story left.

**edited 4 - I mistakenly had Melisandre for Missandei
    Last edited by TheBigLebowski; 04-23-2019 at 01:04 PM.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    My guesses as to casualties:

1. Arya. Sadly, unless she and Gendry are going to be King & Queen of the Iron Throne, her story is basically complete. They let her get a poke in for good measure.
    2. Brienne. Being knighted by Ser Jamie was the capper. She'll die heroically in battle, possibly saving the very man who knighted her.
    3. Theon. Him returning to Winterfell was a death sentence, and he knew it.
    4. Melisandre or Greyworm. One or both. They couldn't have telegraphed this more than they did.
    5. Tormund. He'll see Brienne fall and it'll drive him into a frenzy-filled berzerk and he'll be offed in battle.
    6. Ser Jorah. He was given the sword by Sam, and admitted Tyrion was a great choice of "hand" for Dany. His story is finished.

Possibly Jamie. I've talked to a lot of people who think he buys it in this battle. I disagree. I think he's got a lot of story left.
    I think everyone is at least a coin flip chance to die. Arya would surprise me though. There’s some faceless man stuff that can still come into play with her.

This is George R R Martin we're talking about here. EVERYBODY dies. No one is left for the iron throne!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

4 episodes to go, they can't kill everyone in the 3rd episode.

Is the Night King making it through this next episode?

And if not, who gets him? I'm picking Arya. I also think they're messing with horror movie tropes by having Arya and Gendry get down in this past episode.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

marcshoe (04-28-2019),RiverRat13 (04-29-2019),Rojo Rijo (04-29-2019),Yachtzee (04-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    4 episodes to go, they can't kill everyone in the 3rd episode.
    Sure they can. Then the few remaining survivors meet in King’s Landing to fight Cersei for the throne. This coming episode is going to be a bloodbath.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Sure they can. Then the few remaining survivors meet in King’s Landing to fight Cersei for the throne. This coming episode is going to be a bloodbath.
    This battle might take 2 episodes.

82 minutes of continuous battle coming up, folks. Longest battle scene in media history (I think the previous longest was the battle of Helms Deep in The Two Towers, right?)
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Theon Greyjoy has had such an interesting story arc. He has changed so much from the first season.

He has been torn down both mentally and physically. All that remains is some vague sense of loyalty for his sister and the lessons Ned Stark taught him.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

And if not, who gets him? I'm picking Arya.
    Is Arya's new weapon made of Valeryan steel? If so, I might agree with you...

If the NK does go down, my bet is that Dany becomes the big bad for the remainder of the show.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Is Arya's new weapon made of Valeryan steel? If so, I might agree with you...

If the NK does go down, my bet is that Dany becomes the big bad for the remainder of the show.
    Arya's dagger is Valyrian steel. Her spear might be artful misdirection.

And Dany is problematic - superiority complex, knows nothing about the continent, penchant for roasting dissenters with her dragons, backed by murderous, rapey Dothraki horde.

Just as an aside, I'm hoping the Dothraki get wiped out in this next episode. I feel like they're a warm weather team playing a road game in the frozen tundra.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

New Fever (04-24-2019),RedEye (04-24-2019)

My god. I dont even know what to say.

Best episode of television I have ever seen in my life. I think that was better than all movies ever made except like 20 or so.

Just amazing.

17. Likes:

BuckeyeRed27 (04-29-2019),marcshoe (04-28-2019),reds1869 (04-29-2019)

SPOILER ALERT

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post

And if not, who gets him? I'm picking Arya. I also think they're messing with horror movie tropes by having Arya and Gendry get down in this past episode.

btw, I'm assuming everyone who hasn't watched yet knows to avoid this thread. I was surprised at the number of survivors.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 04-28-2019 at 11:05 PM.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

19. Likes:

RiverRat13 (04-29-2019)

They just can’t let go of a few of these characters that quickly. I thought Podrick and the Hound would eat it.

Turn Off Ads?