Turn Off Ads?

Thread: As if the Winter hasn't been record-breaking enough, now there's a "SuperStorm".

As if the Winter hasn't been record-breaking enough, now there's a "SuperStorm".

Tropical-force winds with whiteout conditions with the SuperStorm stretching from Canada to Mexico.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: As if the Winter hasn't been record-breaking enough, now there's a "SuperStorm".

OK. It is called a "Bombo-Genesis", not a SuperStorm.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Re: As if the Winter hasn't been record-breaking enough, now there's a "SuperStorm".

More than 100 Million people are under a winter or storm watch right now from it. Major damage from Texas to Colorado the all of to midwest states to flooding in the plains. What a way for Winter to leave. Would expect nothing else from this Winter.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-15-2019 at 05:07 PM.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

It's been crazy for sure. Fun to watch from a distance, but I'm sure it sucks being in the middle of the country right now.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    It's been crazy for sure. Fun to watch from a distance, but I'm sure it sucks being in the middle of the country right now.
    took this picture this morningAttachment 14661

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (03-18-2019),Kingspoint (03-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    took this picture this morningAttachment 14661
    Finally!

My favorite flower, the Daffodil. We have a couple in our front yard that will pop open this week. You always know spring is here when you see this flower blooming.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

My neighbor's 80 foot tree ended up in my yard Friday. We had wind gusts reported on the east side of town up to 79 mph. I live on the extreme west side, and heard that it was estimated that the wind gusts there reached as high as 100.

It was brutal.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Nebraska flooding has turned towns into islands. Now more places could get submerged

This landlocked state shouldn’t have any islands. But the deadly flooding that has deluged parts of Nebraska could get worse before it gets better.

“This really is the most devastating flooding we’ve probably ever had in our state’s history, from the standpoint of how widespread it is,” Gov. Pete Ricketts said Monday.

More than 8 million people are under flood warnings in the Midwest and the Mississippi River Valley, said CNN meteorologist Dave Hennen.

“Eastern Nebraska remains the hardest hit area, with much of the southeast part of the state under flood warnings,” he said.

The flooding has already killed two people in Nebraska and one man in Iowa. Ricketts said at least one person remains missing in Nebraska.
    This has to be from the storm, the snow melting and draining through the Mississippi River Valley.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    My neighbor's 80 foot tree ended up in my yard Friday. We had wind gusts reported on the east side of town up to 79 mph. I live on the extreme west side, and heard that it was estimated that the wind gusts there reached as high as 100.

It was brutal.
    Saw that video of the semi being lifted off the ground in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Saw that video of the semi being lifted off the ground in Texas.
    we had several overturned trucks, and just to the west in New Mexico, a 26 car train blew off a bridge. No fatalities.

It was brutal.
    Wait, there are trees in Amarillo? It seems very different from Lubbock, then.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Wait, there are trees in Amarillo? It seems very different from Lubbock, then.
    We have 7.

Lubbock doesn't have trees because when was the last time you saw a tree in a toilet?

We have 7.

Lubbock doesn't have trees because when was the last time you saw a tree in a toilet?
    When I lived in Lubbock, the closest thing to a tree that I saw was a telephone pole. A bunch of us drove to Carlsbad in the fall, and right after we entered New Mexico, we saw a red maple in full color in someone's yard. First tree we saw after leaving Lubbock.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

18. Likes:

TRF (04-02-2019)

Turn Off Ads?