Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jim Day podcast

The Jim Day podcast

If you haven’t listened to the latest Jim Day podcast with Sean Casey you must do so. I have only listened to about 40 minutes of it but I am just laughing so hard at some of Casey’s stories. The Bob Feller is just so funny. Case can really tell a story. Check it out....I think there is a link on Reds.com but it’s also on your favorite podcast app.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Jim Day podcast

Jared Hughes is supposed to be a future guest.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    If you haven’t listened to the latest Jim Day podcast with Sean Casey you must do so. I have only listened to about 40 minutes of it but I am just laughing so hard at some of Casey’s stories. The Bob Feller is just so funny. Case can really tell a story. Check it out....I think there is a link on Reds.com but it’s also on your favorite podcast app.
    As long as he doesn't interview a bird I might give it a try.

I let my wife (who hates podcasts and especially baseball podcasts) hear the Bob Feller and Cubs stories from the Sean Casey podcast. She was laughing out loud on them also. Another one that I had heard before but was still funny the second time was his story about arbitration. The entire podcast was great. I don't know anything about his early ones with Marty and Scooter but this one is a classic.

http://www.mlb.com/fan_forum/podcast...im_day_podcast
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Thanks so much - this is absolutely great!!!

7. Likes:

goreds2 (03-16-2019)

I let my wife (who hates podcasts and especially baseball podcasts) hear the Bob Feller and Cubs stories from the Sean Casey podcast. She was laughing out loud on them also. Another one that I had heard before but was still funny the second time was his story about arbitration. The entire podcast was great. I don't know anything about his early ones with Marty and Scooter but this one is a classic.

http://www.mlb.com/fan_forum/podcast...im_day_podcast
    Marty with Jim Day was spectacular. We are lucky to have a person like Jim Day on the broadcast team, in my opinion

9. Likes:

Bacon (03-18-2019),goreds2 (03-17-2019),Hoosier Redleg (03-11-2020),wlf WV (02-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    Marty with Jim Day was spectacular. We are lucky to have a person like Jim Day on the broadcast team, in my opinion
    Agree 100%. Some of Marty's stories had me laughing out loud

Bronson Anthony Arroyo is supposed to be on sometime this week or next week.

listening to the Bob Kevoian episode now. Jim Day needs to work on his interviewing skills. I think he's just used to interviewing someone for 30 seconds during a game and not for a lengthy amount of time.

listening to the first part of the Arroyo interview. It's pretty entertaining, but the same issues remain. Jim Day just isn't good at conducting a long-form interview.

I just listened to a Tom Browning and a new Marty B. podcast. Both were excellent.

The Bob Feller is just so funny.
    It was all great, but the Feller story was pure gold.

Where is the best place to download this podcast for free so I can listen offline without using any phone data? Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Where is the best place to download this podcast for free so I can listen offline without using any phone data? Thanks,
    Any place that offers free wifi. Restaurants, etc... pretty much anywhere these days.

18. Likes:

dreghorntwo (05-11-2019)

Just listened to the Sean Casey episode....Case had me rolling. The Bob Feller and John Cena stories are instant classics. So funny.

Turn Off Ads?