Turn Off Ads?
Page 50 of 68 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MLB Season Discussion

Re: 2019 MLB Season Discussion

As I said a few weeks ago, Atlanta is doing a nice job with their rebuild, but I'm not sold on them being a championship club yet. I saw this quote from Jeff Zimmerman and while it's a bit hyperbolic it does echo my feelings...

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/sunday...e-faab-chat-6/

Atlanta is frustrating me. They were supposed to have all this pitching depth and all they produce are #5 starters.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    As I said a few weeks ago, Atlanta is doing a nice job with their rebuild, but I'm not sold on them being a championship club yet. I saw this quote from Jeff Zimmerman and while it's a bit hyperbolic it does echo my feelings...

Counterpoint: Mike Soroka
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Counterpoint: Mike Soroka
    He’s the one that really gives pause there but he is a large regression candidate.

Sure maybe he is a legit low K, low HR darling, but after going thru the league a few times a lot of those guys enter mediocrity.

5. Likes:

WrongVerb (06-24-2019)

Dodgers make MLB history as rookie lifts team with walk-off homer for third night in a row

Another day, another walk-off home run by a rookie for the Los Angeles Dodgers.
    Los Angeles took every game of the series at Dodger Stadium with a walk-off home run — with a rookie hitting the game-winner in back-to-back-to-back contests. Rookie teammates had never hit walk-off home runs in consecutive games before this series by the Dodgers, per the Elias Sports Bureau. Smith's shot Sunday extended the record to three games in a row with a rookie walk-off blast.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I saw that and am so thankful the Reds aren’t owned by any team the way LAD owns Colorado.

Cardinals notebook: Hicks could be headed to injury list

The Cardinals had additional tests and treatment given to Hicks' elbow and triceps area on Sunday, and an MRI is planned for Monday. Hicks said the medical team was waiting for the inflammation to calm, and he called the initial diagnosis triceps tendinitis. With three off days in the coming eight days, the Cardinals could place Hicks on the 10-day injured list and have him miss only seven games.

He was unavailable Sunday and expected to miss Tuesday, too.

“We’ll definitely consider (the IL),” manager Mike Shildt said. “We don’t feel like we have to do it just to do it. If he can get back to pitch Wednesday or even Friday — if we’re thinking it may run into next weekend, we would obviously consider it so we wouldn’t be playing short. That’s not where we are at the moment.”

I saw that and am so thankful the Reds aren’t owned by any team the way LAD owns Colorado.
    They used to be. The Cardinals had their number for years, and Cubs took their turn not too long ago. (Though the Reds had their turn at the Cubs not long before that.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

Chip R (06-24-2019)

As hard as that guy throws that does not come as a surprise.

The Pirates really owned the Reds last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Homer has had 4 awful games but 3 more times has given his team a good chance to win. Sonny hasn’t been terrible at all but not very good many many times.

Crazy Gray has only once went more than 6 innings and has yet to make it 7

13. Likes:

HokieRed (06-24-2019)

You know what’s frustrating to me. They cheated. Still got away with it even with the penalties they got.

In MLB crime does pay sometimes.

15. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-24-2019)

Turn UCL. Which usually means you know what.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    See you in 2021 Jordan.

A good way to make money is to bet on every young hard thrower who touches 100 coming up these days, to have TJ surgery.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

19. Likes:

Chip R (06-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Kremchek memes ensue?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    A good way to make money is to bet on every young hard thrower who touches 100 coming up these days, to have TJ surgery.
    I never wanted to have TJ surgery which is why I made sure my fastball could never top 80. Much safer for my elbow than if I had chosen to throw 102.

21. Likes:

Chip R (06-25-2019),Griffey012 (06-26-2019)

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...ogressing.html

Cozart might not return this season.

Turn Off Ads?