2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Yep, the Reds should have traded for Goldschmidt and put Votto on the bench
    It’s almost as if he’s just trolling
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Yet such a better baseball company hasn’t made the playoffs in 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Which happenes to be the first three season after they were caught cheating. But I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Yep, the Reds should have traded for Goldschmidt and put Votto on the bench
    Who said that? Weird comment

Quote Originally Posted by RedAce View Post
    Who said that? Weird comment
    What were you saying then? Things can be inferred from comments. You mentioned Goldschmidt and then said the Cards are a better organization than the Reds. Having the take away that the Reds should have traded for him isn’t too crazy. But if that wasn’t your point please clarify.

This board calling this guy a troll is just going too far. The Cards saw a huge weakness and addressed it with the best player on the market (that includes Machado and Harper). We can use our red colored glasses and be nasty if we wish, but had the Reds done something similar in regard to it's biggest weakness, they'd be a serious contender now. Thankfully, the Reds did address their biggest need, but they didn't go after the high end caliber player needed to really go for it. That seems to be the difference being pointed out. Last year he Brewers went out and got Yelich and Cain, then they won. This year, whether you like it or not, the Cardinals are the most improved team in the division, simply because they aimed the highest. I think that's all that is being pointed out here.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (03-30-2019),Revering4Blue (03-30-2019),texasdave (03-30-2019),wlf WV (03-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    This board calling this guy a troll is just going too far. The Cards saw a huge weakness and addressed it with the best player on the market (that includes Machado and Harper). We can use our red colored glasses and be nasty if we wish, but had the Reds done something similar in regard to it's biggest weakness, they'd be a serious contender now. Thankfully, the Reds did address their biggest need, but they didn't go after the high end caliber player needed to really go for it. That seems to be the difference being pointed out. Last year he Brewers went out and got Yelich and Cain, then they won. This year, whether you like it or not, the Cardinals are the most improved team in the division, simply because they aimed the highest. I think that's all that is being pointed out here.
    Go back and check out his post history. Every post is ripping on reds fans, this board, or the reds in general.

But sure, calling him a troll is just too far.

It’s clearly Bresser
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 03-30-2019 at 02:42 PM.

10. Likes:

marcshoe (03-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Go back and check out his post history. Every post is ripping on reds fans, this board, or the reds in general.

Personally, I think calling somebody a Troll in the middle of a thread is the wrong way to behave even if it's true. In this thread, all he posted was that the Cardinals signing Goldschmidt seems to make them a better organization than the Reds are. Looking over the last couple of decades, I don't see how anyone can dispute that. Sorry, I've been a Reds fan probably twice as long as you've been alive and it pains me to see them be such an also ran, but it doesn't make it any less true.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

12. Likes:

Sea Ray (03-31-2019),wlf WV (03-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    What were you saying then? Things can be inferred from comments. You mentioned Goldschmidt and then said the Cards are a better organization than the Reds. Having the take away that the Reds should have traded for him isn’t too crazy. But if that wasn’t your point please clarify.
    I think the Cardinals saw an opporunity to trade for the Best available bat in baseball, and they did not have to give up a ton to acquire.

I think they then intelligently extended him to a very fair contract, making him the conerstone of their offense for 5 more years

He is 4 full years younger than Votto, and by the time he is vottos current age, he will be on his way out of STL in a year or so.

I think with Ozuna, Carp and the rest of their players, they have a great offense that checks all the boxes.

Shoot me. Call me a troll. Say im brester (What the hell?) I dont care

It’s clearly Bresser
    You are very protective of the Reds.

You are very protective of the Reds.
    Not really, especially recently.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-30-2019),Tom Servo (03-30-2019)

I think the Cardinals saw an opporunity to trade for the Best available bat in baseball, and they did not have to give up a ton to acquire.

I think they then intelligently extended him to a very fair contract, making him the conerstone of their offense for 5 more years

He is 4 full years younger than Votto, and by the time he is vottos current age, he will be on his way out of STL in a year or so.

I think with Ozuna, Carp and the rest of their players, they have a great offense that checks all the boxes.

Shoot me. Call me a troll. Say im brester (What the hell?) I dont care
    I didn’t call you any any of those things. I just asked to clarify the point because I thought it could come off a few different ways. What you just said seems like a valid argument

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Which happenes to be the first three season after they were caught cheating. But I’m sure it’s just a coincidence.
    They won 100 games and the division the first year they got busted.

It’s clearly Bresser
    Is it really Bresser himself making the posts?

Or has the ghost of Bresser just evolved to the point where any unruly troll is referred to as Bresser, sort of an urban legend-type character?

20. Likes:

Old school 1983 (03-31-2019),RedTeamGo! (03-30-2019)

Does Bresser call people Fanboys?
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Turn Off Ads?