Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: Cards extend Goldschmidt 5 years 110 mil

Quote Originally Posted by LARKIN View Post
    Yep, coming through in the clutch. Fans want to see wins and don’t cheer for a players ops.
    It’s almost like those things are connected and a big part of why the Cardinals were extremely mediocre until the last few weeks

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-20-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by LARKIN View Post
    Yep, coming through in the clutch. Fans want to see wins and don’t cheer for a players ops.
    Okay...

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (09-20-2021),Wonderful Monds (09-20-2021)

Looks like Goldschidt has a 856 OPS as of now, I believe he got off to a pretty slow start too.
    Not a super star season, but pretty solid.. It's not as if he is an anchor.
    As a basis of comparison, he has a higher OPS than India (who everyone says is having a good year).
    He's having a better OPS at age 34 than Votto had at age 34.
    I know, India is a 2b not a 1b, but the point is, 856 OPS is not shabby.
    I really doubt any Cardinal fans are criticizing this signing.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?