Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Reds claim Jose Lopez; DFA Finnegan

Re: Reds claim Jose Lopez; DFA Finnegan

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Gingersaurus Rex
    ‏ @HeyGingersaurus

Dick Williams told The Athletic that he expects LHP Brandon Finnegan to pitch with an affiliate soon.

More from Williams:
    “I got good reports, he’s spent time with some third-party consultants. We’ve had a couple of coaches assigned to him, sort of a special project.”
    #Reds
    I'm interested to see the results of these efforts.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (07-17-2019),Edd Roush (07-27-2019),Griffey012 (07-17-2019),Old school 1983 (07-17-2019),Ron Madden (07-17-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Same, not ready to throw in the towel on him yet. Hopefully he can get it back on track.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    You have to look at every possible source for big league talent.

If Finnegan is able to get back on track with coaching and other assistance, that’s great.

If the Reds felt he was finished, they wouldn’t invest the time and effort. They recently let go of Nick Howard and Travieso, if I’m correct, apparently concluding that the chances of success were not high.
    Ew. Our two most recent 1st round busts both go by Nick. Bad news for Lodolo, who even resembles Nick Cage if you squint.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Ew. Our two most recent 1st round busts both go by Nick. Bad news for Lodolo, who even resembles Nick Cage if you squint.
    Yeah, but then there’s Senzel.

Also I didn’t realize until just now their streak of drafting Nicks at all lol

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Yeah, but then there’s Senzel.

Also I didn’t realize until just now their streak of drafting Nicks at all lol
    Boo. How did I forget Senzel? Lot of Nicks..
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I would guess if Finnegan were right handed, they would have cut bait with him by now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I would guess if Finnegan were right handed, they would have cut bait with him by now.
    Being left-handed has its advantages.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

10. Likes:

Chip R (07-18-2019),Tom Servo (07-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Boo. How did I forget Senzel? Lot of Nicks..
    I'm really tired of people questioning Senzel's durability. Oh wait, nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Doug Gray

@dougdirt24
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    Went back and watched Brandon Finnegan's inning for Chattanooga. No velo readings/reports. Threw 15 pitches, 10 strikes. Got swings and misses on FOUR fastballs (that's a lot). Threw three breaking balls. No clue on velo, and that does matter - but he looked good.

13. Likes:

Benihana (07-27-2019),BillDoran (07-27-2019),Edd Roush (07-27-2019),HammerTime (07-27-2019),Revering4Blue (07-27-2019),TRF (07-29-2019)

I wasn't happy with how the reds handled Finnegan. They rode him too hard when he emerged as a starter in 2016 and he shouldn't have been handed a rotation spot coming off of a season where he was basically a homer prone, walk prone batting tee (except for a few weeks at the end when guys are playing out the string) followed by basically a year off. Still, he has talent and if his arm is still sound, I could actually see him emerging as that second lefty to go with Garrett in the bullpen. I certainly wouldn't save a spot for him or make that the plan, but of the in house options for the 2020 bullpen, I like his chances to succeed better than anyone not named Garrett, Iglesias, Lorenzen or Hughes.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

15. Likes:

BillDoran (07-27-2019),Revering4Blue (07-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Good first week back. 5 innings, 2 hits, 1 walk, 6 strikeouts, 0 runs.

Would love to know what the velocity is like. Not to think too far ahead, but maybe the year could finish with an effective Garrett/Reed/Finnegan LH trio instead of the iffy Garrett/Peralta/Duke one we started the year with.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?