Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Power of Positivity... It's a New Day!

The Power of Positivity... It's a New Day!

Continuing the thread from the minor league forum. Maybe it needs to be talked out or maybe the ship only rights itself with winning. I don't think that is the case though because while the last 5 years were rough, they don't match the lost decade IMO.

I don't think it is just the losing, I do think a sudden influx of posters from the now shut down MLB boards has contributed to it. I think for all the tired complaints about it, the SunDeck served a valuable purpose.

I think when you post, it should be well thought out in the ORG. In the game thread forum? Reactionary is fine. It's in the moment.

I think we can let some things go to. Like the Zack Stewart/Cy Young thing. Man, that played out years ago. It's going to be the same thing with the Cueto trade.

It's ok to disagree with an opinion on the merits, it's less ok to attack posters. I'm seeing the latter a lot more than I used to.

Redszone is one of the better baseball messageboards in existence today. Maybe we should do better to keep it that way.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

2. Likes:

North (10-18-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Re: The Power of Positivity... It's a New Day!

My advice to anyone who is getting frustrated by the Reds/conversations on RedsZone is to have your wife get surgery and then not be home or on your phone for most of the weekend. You'll miss the 2nd Reds game and not really pay attention to the box score and you'll read a few posts in the Doug thread and not really fully understand what's going on but not mind. Try it!

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-01-2019),TRF (04-01-2019)

Re: The Power of Positivity... It's a New Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    My advice to anyone who is getting frustrated by the Reds/conversations on RedsZone is to have your wife get surgery and then not be home or on your phone for most of the weekend. You'll miss the 2nd Reds game and not really pay attention to the box score and you'll read a few posts in the Doug thread and not really fully understand what's going on but not mind. Try it!
    I can relate to that. Three years ago this April 16th my wife had a very serious heart attack and nearly died three times that weekend. Baseball suddenly didn't mean much at all to me. Things like that put life into perspective in a hurry. Bottom line I am trying to say if a thread is heading in a direction you don't like then don't read it or respond to it. Or if anyone just really gets on your ever living nerves and you just can't stand reading anything they say then put them on ignore. Life is just too short to get bent all out of shape over a message board for baseball games.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

7. Likes:

Boss-Hog (04-02-2019),DocRed (04-08-2019),Kingspoint (04-01-2019),North (10-18-2019),Roy Tucker (04-01-2019),TRF (04-01-2019)

Turn Off Ads?