Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The woo birds

Re: The woo birds

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Why do I expect a longtime member here to admit that's him?
    I always thought it was the long departed Chuckie.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

BluegrassRedleg (04-03-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanco View Post
    I attend a hand full of games at Coors Field each season, and I have never heard it there. It might be different when the crowd is very small because of a rain delay or extreme weather. I've had friends that are not Reds fans notice how annoying it is when I've had the Reds game on television.
    i blame millennials. they can't focus on anything unless it's a video game. and get off my yard, you kids!

- - - Updated - - -

typical cause for thom. if everyone hates it, he likes it. and vice versa.

I don't like it. I think it's annoying but what are you gonna do? If you let fans call players everything but a child of God, you can't ban people from wooing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

It's not like when the fidget spinner or pokemon Go etc took off. I thought it was like that at first.

And it's not so much that I want to stop it. Freedom, and all that...

It's more like whenever I see a bunch of people engaging in idiotic behavior, with the sole purpose of being deliberately annoying, it makes me sad for humanity. A little more so, anyway...

7. Likes:

dreghorntwo (04-04-2019)

I'm all for freedom and all that but...
    When this obnoxious behavior is ruining the opportunity of enjoying this great game of baseball for not only the fans at the ball park but for thousands of other fans at home trying to relax and listen to or watch the Reds play baseball.

I'm not sure what can be done about this but a line has to be drawn somewhere.

9. Likes:

Always Red (04-03-2019),dreghorntwo (04-04-2019),Revering4Blue (04-04-2019)

Like most idiots, the more attention you pay to their idiot behavior, the more they display said idiot behavior. So ignore them and the woo will eventually die.

The only saving grace is that I imagine most women are not attracted to the woo. So eventually the woo boys will not procreate and their woo DNA will die out.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

11. Likes:

Always Red (04-03-2019),mth123 (04-04-2019),redsfan30 (04-05-2019),Revering4Blue (04-04-2019),Ron Madden (04-03-2019),Tony Cloninger (04-06-2019)

I mean, if the team was competitive it wouldn't be happening.

Win some games.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    I mean, if the team was competitive it wouldn't be happening.

Win some games.
    I thought they did it regardless. I mean, they can't really be following the actual game, can they?

And they make it harder for everyone else to follow the game, in my opinion.

I just can't figure out why club policy doesn't address the issue. Warn them once, that's it.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

14. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-04-2019)

Those idiots need to be whacked upside the head with a bat,just don’t have one of the reds do it cause they’d probably swing and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Like most idiots, the more attention you pay to their idiot behavior, the more they display said idiot behavior. So ignore them and the woo will eventually die.

The only saving grace is that I imagine most women are not attracted to the woo. So eventually the woo boys will not procreate and their woo DNA will die out.
    It has gone on for years now, so, no, I don't think ignoring it is helping.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Don’t the Reds have a fan conduct policy that includes something about hampering other fans experience? Wouldn’t the simple solution be that the ushers/security just warn the idiots about woooing and if they don’t comply eject them from the park. Why should the masses suffer for few?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

18. Likes:

dreghorntwo (04-04-2019),malcontent (04-04-2019),Revering4Blue (04-04-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It has gone on for years now, so, no, I don't think ignoring it is helping.
    Yeah. There does seem to be a resurgence of woo birds in these first 5 games. Plus social media and tv/radio seem to be making a big deal of it this year.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

It makes the entire city look like a bunch of local yokels. Cincinnati is a refined city that offers the comforts of a small town and the cultural amenities of a cosmopolitan metropolis. We should preserve that image by having squads of little storm troopers dressed like Mr. Red who come out and bash the woo-ers in the knee caps with souvenir baseball bats every time they contaminate the air with their obnoxious, drunken war cry. Baseball is not a democracy!

21. Likes:

dabvu2498 (04-04-2019),Ron Madden (04-04-2019),Tony Cloninger (04-06-2019)

Yeah. There does seem to be a resurgence of woo birds in these first 5 games. Plus social media and tv/radio seem to be making a big deal of it this year.
    Makes sense, since ignoring it has demonstrably not worked.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

23. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-05-2019)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I have a feeling it's a product of super low attendance. I expect they'll get drowned out a bit when the weather is nicer and more fans come out (please).
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

25. Likes:

Chip R (04-04-2019)

Turn Off Ads?