Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The woo birds

Re: The woo birds

Are you sure they are not just booing? The play on the field deserves that

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I have a feeling it's a product of super low attendance. I expect they'll get drowned out a bit when the weather is nicer and more fans come out (please).
    Agreed, put some butts in the seats and you wont here it.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    I have a feeling it's a product of super low attendance. I expect they'll get drowned out a bit when the weather is nicer and more fans come out (please).
    I have a feeling it's a product of super low IQ.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

5. Likes:

CaiGuy (04-05-2019),membengal (04-04-2019),Mitri (04-04-2019),NC Reds (04-04-2019),redsfanmia (04-04-2019),Ron Madden (04-04-2019),Roy Tucker (04-04-2019),texasdave (04-05-2019)

Me and my wife watching games....

Every 3 seconds
    Crowd: Woooooooooooo

Us: ughhhhhh

2 hours later

Us: laughing out loud

It went from making me miserable to an ironic kinda funny.

If you’re a Woo’er out there reading this, please stop

To defeat the enemy we must understand them. Has anyone asked a wooer why they woo?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

The woo is alive in Cleveland tonight in the seventh inning of a no-hitter.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I still like it

Welsh came down hard on it yesterday, wishing stadiums would do something about it.

It's been going on for years and that's the strongest I've heard him come out against it. I mean it can't be good for the broadcasts...I wonder if there has been a nudge to go on the offensive about it.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Welsh came down hard on it yesterday, wishing stadiums would do something about it.

It's been going on for years and that's the strongest I've heard him come out against it. I mean it can't be good for the broadcasts...I wonder if there has been a nudge to go on the offensive about it.
    Realistically speaking, what the heck can be done about it? It's not inherently offensive. Just really dumb and really irritating.

Are fans going to be told how to cheer?
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Realistically speaking, what the heck can be done about it? It's not inherently offensive. Just really dumb and really irritating.

Are fans going to be told how to cheer?
    My libertarian side agrees with you. But it is kind of a tricky issue. You can't (or certainly don't want) obnoxious fans making things miserable for the other 99 percent there. (I'm sure some like it and some tolerate it to different levels)

One thought - I'm fairly confident this sort of thing wouldn't last in the Bronx due to self-policing.

What could be done by stadiums though? I imagine there is some sort of nuisance clause on the ticket/stadium rules that could be invoked.

My libertarian side agrees with you. But it is kind of a tricky issue. You can't (or certainly don't want) obnoxious fans making things miserable for the other 99 percent there. (I'm sure some like it and some tolerate it to different levels)

One thought - I'm fairly confident this sort of thing wouldn't last in the Bronx due to self-policing.

What could be done by stadiums though? I imagine there is some sort of nuisance clause on the ticket/stadium rules that could be invoked.
    I'm certain there is some sort of "we reserve the right" authority built into every ticket purchase. I just think this is going to become very tricky, and it's probably something that will eventually resolve itself. Look at what happened to swatch watches.

Noisemakers such as cowbells, thunder sticks, air horns, whistles, clappers and other such items that incur an audible nuisance upon Guests are not permitted in the ballpark.
    That is the only nuisance rule I see mentioned so at the moment perhaps there is no enforceable rule to take care of the woo. But if wanted there could be a overall nuisance rule put in I'm sure. You get warned and if you do it again you are out of there.

All of the above is true, but my main point of jumping in here was the thought that perhaps the higher-ups are fed up and struggling to figure out how to handle this.

I don't know that it will "take care of itself" though...its been going on 5+ years.

16. Likes:

membengal (04-05-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019)

Sometimes liberty and common sense are at loggerheads with one another. I think this is just such an instance.

It was funny because when he came down hard, Thom went silent, when just the day before Thom was supporting it (contrarian style as he is wont to do). Made me also wonder if management had a word with Thom.
    Last edited by membengal; 04-05-2019 at 10:23 AM.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

19. Likes:

kaldaniels (04-05-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019)

Turn Off Ads?