Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Re: BILLY HAMILTON

Re: BILLY HAMILTON

So tell me again how much better a hitter Shebler is than Hamilton. He is 1 for the season as is Winker and Votto is hitting under .200. They added different players like Kemp and Puig and still get the same results.

Before anyone jumps on me for not being a true fan, I started following the Reds back in 1947 so that's before most of you were born and probably before some of your parents were born. I also played the game until I was 58 and my knees gave out. I know baseball but some of the so called experts on here will bash me and I don't care. I know bad baseball when I see it and you should too.

So bash away.

2. Turn Off Ads?

How much better is Senzel than Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Driver62 View Post
    So tell me again how much better a hitter Shebler is than Hamilton. He is 1 for the season as is Winker and Votto is hitting under .200. They added different players like Kemp and Puig and still get the same results.

Before anyone jumps on me for not being a true fan, I started following the Reds back in 1947 so that's before most of you were born and probably before some of your parents were born. I also played the game until I was 58 and my knees gave out. I know baseball but some of the so called experts on here will bash me and I don't care. I know bad baseball when I see it and you should too.

So bash away.
    The back of Schebler's baseball card says that he is a better hitter than Billy H but I agree that thru week 1 of this season, Scheb is no better than most pitchers offensively

So bash away.
    I loved Billy. I loved watching him play, and give interviews. He’s a fantastic outfielder.

With that said, he’s a dreadful hitter. Schebler is much better. So is most everyone. You can make an argument that Billy is more valuable because of his defense and base running, but there’s no question that Schebler is the better hitter.

6. Likes:

Chip R (04-10-2019)

So bash away.
    Billy Hamilton career OPS .629
    Scott Schebler career OPS .772
    That's why Schebler is a better hitter than Hamilton. Mediocre but still better than Billy.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

He still bangs

Billy is the worst hitting CF I've ever seen. He looks like he's swinging a wet noodle.

So bash away.
    I love how we are using 5 games batting averages to prove your point about Billy Hamilton. Mean while Hamilton is mashing .182/.217/.182

As for you original question, he's a lot better hitter than Hamilton.

10. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (04-05-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

We all desperately wanted Billy to be a hitter, because he is so much fun to watch and plays an incredible CF. But he's not a hitter and never will be.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

12. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2019),Chip R (04-10-2019),Driver62 (04-08-2019),Kingspoint (04-05-2019)

The Royals will soon find out what the Reds learned. Billy can't hit, can't bunt, is pretty amazing defensively, and is pretty good at stealing bases if he ever gets on base.

That's who he is.

14. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2019),HammerTime (04-05-2019),Revering4Blue (04-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Billy Hamilton career OPS .629
    Scott Schebler career OPS .772
    That's why Schebler is a better hitter than Hamilton. Mediocre but still better than Billy.
    In addition

BHam was going to make more than 6M$ via arb
    Schebler is making less than 1M$

That money went to Iglesias, Dietrich, and Duke.

16. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2019),Number_Fourteen (04-05-2019)

Respectfully, as you've been following baseball since 1947, you would probably agree with the fact that 25 plate appearances a season does not make.

There is no metric, nor set of eyeballs that will say Billy Hamilton is a better hitter than Scott Schebler. Better overall player?? With what Billy brings as a defender and a base runner, that's an argument worth getting into. But as a pure hitter, Hamilton is in a bad class of his own.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

18. Likes:

Driver62 (04-08-2019),HammerTime (04-05-2019)

Id take hamiltons defense in CF and base running over scheblers bat. Not every player 1-8 can hit lights out...thats why hamilton is your #8 hitter.

IIRC, DW said the decision to non-tender Hamilton was tough to make. I would love to have been a party to that discussion. I'm guessing it involved Senzel's ability to learn the position, the potential for signing Pollock, and Schebler's ability to fill in as a backup plan.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-08-2019),Ron Madden (04-05-2019)

Scott Schebler is about a league average hitter.
    Billy Hamilton has never been or will ever be as good of a hitter as Scott Schebler.

I don’t care how good he is in CF or on the base paths.

Hamilton’s bat will hurt his club more often than his defense will help.
    He would have to make an outstanding catch almost every inning

6 games is more than 1/3 of the season, so you have a great point.

wait, this isn't football. let's see how the other 156 games go.

Turn Off Ads?