Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Next time out Kyle Lowry might want to score a point.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Oh, didn't mention it at the season's end, but this season Monte Morris posted the second-best assist-to-turnover ratio in history (5.71). Only Muggsy Bogues' 5.94 in 1989-90 ranks ahead of him.

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Looking forward to it. I think with Nurkic being out and McCollum not 100% that should be enough to see OKC through. A fully fit series, both OKC and Portland, would be box office for the first round.
    Yeah, and PG has to be hurt. He'll gut it out. Everyone is hurt this time of year, but some injuries are more devastating that others. That shoulder has really effected his shot, but not against Portland this year.

PG is alone at the top of the league far distancing the 2nd best player in both deflections and corraling loose balls. Westbrook is in the top five in both. OK, the Thunder hold a lot, but so do a lot of teams, and if you establish an aggressive reputation, the refs let you get away with holds. Lillard and C.J. have always had trouble with that, so unless there's a new design by Portland to deal with it, Portland will have a problem, no matter how well they have been playing together. There is something special about this team this year and I'm anxious to discover how it appears in the 1st rd. Normally, a team is what it is going into the playoffs, but Kanter has only been here 22 games while C.J. hasn't worked with Kanter, hardly at all, so Portland will continue to improve as the games go on. There's that to look forward to.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by ScotlandRed View Post
    Warriors getting an awful lot of soft fouls at home
    That's strange because for the last two years their opponents have gotten most of the foul calls.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Oh, didn't mention it at the season's end, but this season Monte Morris posted the second-best assist-to-turnover ratio in history (5.71). Only Muggsy Bogues' 5.94 in 1989-90 ranks ahead of him.
    That's an incredible number. He bettered it tonight with 5 Ass and 0 Turnovers. Unfortunately, he had the worst +/- in the game with -11 in his team's GM1 loss to the Spurs.

Well, Scotland Red, I won't be seeing Westbrook missing games from excessive technical penalties. Just read where the regular season gets wiped off and they start fresh and don't get suspended until their 7th.

Durant got two tonight and GSW are lucky because Durant had at leat 15 (fox sports has him for 17) during the regular season.

Cousins is a major liability out there. He's a shell of an NBA player Defensively. He simply can't move. Maybe 12 month from now he'll be recovered enough to play Defense, bu not in this year's playoffs. In 20 minutes, he fouled out and had a +/- of -18, and that's with getting minutes with a hot Curry, Durant, and even a hot Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Yeah, and PG has to be hurt. He'll gut it out. Everyone is hurt this time of year, but some injuries are more devastating that others. That shoulder has really effected his shot, but not against Portland this year.

PG is alone at the top of the league far distancing the 2nd best player in both deflections and corraling loose balls. Westbrook is in the top five in both. OK, the Thunder hold a lot, but so do a lot of teams, and if you establish an aggressive reputation, the refs let you get away with holds. Lillard and C.J. have always had trouble with that, so unless there's a new design by Portland to deal with it, Portland will have a problem, no matter how well they have been playing together. There is something special about this team this year and I'm anxious to discover how it appears in the 1st rd. Normally, a team is what it is going into the playoffs, but Kanter has only been here 22 games while C.J. hasn't worked with Kanter, hardly at all, so Portland will continue to improve as the games go on. There's that to look forward to.
    Yeah both teams will be carrying knocks but it’s play off time so players can play through it. Kanter was a good pick up but is a poor defender obviously. I keep waiting for Adams to have a offensive breakout against poor/second string centres but it’s just not happening. Hopefully playing against Kanter for a few games we might see an outburst.

Well, Scotland Red, I won't be seeing Westbrook missing games from excessive technical penalties. Just read where the regular season gets wiped off and they start fresh and don't get suspended until their 7th.

Durant got two tonight and GSW are lucky because Durant had at leat 15 (fox sports has him for 17) during the regular season.
    Yeah I just heard that as well on the Warriors broadcast. It makes sense I suppose but does work in our favour.

Sixers question, can Brett Brown make adjustments? One of the big knocks on him is that he's bad at it. I didn't see the game, so I don't know what changes he can or should make, but unlike the Raptors and Nuggets it doesn't seem like the answer is as simple as top guys playing like top guys. Jimmy Butler rose to the occasion. Maybe they should run more of the offense though him.

Yeah, I don't see enough of the Sixers to know.

Celtics clamped down on the D.

Celtics clamped down on the D.
    They erased the Pacers in the 2nd half.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-14-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Good win by the Blazers today. PG13 had a horrible shooting day, and Kanter played out of his mind. Not sure they can rely on that the rest of the series!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-14-2019)

Playoff P strikes again. Paul George is never going to hear the end of it until he steps up big at this time of year.

The Bucks obliterated the Pistons. No Blake, but Milwaukee's starting unit spent half the game on the bench.

Turn Off Ads?