Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Vucevic right back in Orlando where he belongs. Bamba or Vuc could be dealt away away in the future if need be.
    I'd take the field over Orlando for Vucevic. For instance, it's an open secret the Celtic love him. If they aren't the AD sweepstakes winner, they very well might be performing the necessary cap gyrations for Vuc.

Or say Golden State comes knocking, because they are going to fill that Durant salary slot before they sign Klay. Or maybe Philly jumps in on him. Or Brooklyn. Or the Clippers. Or Dallas (to create the most Euro team in the Americas). Or Atlanta.

On that Dallas idea, they could do Vucevic and Bojan. Anyway, I think he's going to have a lot of options.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    The only player currently on the roster who has the mindset of an Enforcer is Zach Collins. But, he's got another year or two in the weightroom before he can be that guy.

To be honest, I have no idea what Olshey will try to do, or any idea what he should try to do or even what his options are. Curry, Kanter, Hood and Aminu are all FA's. Harkless, Turner and Leonard all have one year left. The only thing I am sure of is that he will match any offers on RFA Layman, if Layman gets any, and it will be as late as possible to sign him to a contract. Harkless is a Starting Wing next year. Who the other Starting Wing is or the Starting Center or the backup Center is next year or the backup PF are all in question. There's positives and negatives for adding Curry, Kanter, Hood or Aminu. Based on this year's activities, I'm certain he'll do the best he can and I'll just sit back and see how it works out. I don't expect Nurkic to get back to himself until the 2020-21 season.
    Turner, Harkless and Leonard are all on expiring deals next year that they might be able to ball up for a scoring forward. I'd try to keep Aminu, but it won't be easy (a lot teams are going to want him). The Dame-CJ window might not be open past 20-21. With Golden State potentially losing Durant, I think they owe it to themselves (and fans like you) to make a play for next year.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I'd take the field over Orlando for Vucevic. For instance, it's an open secret the Celtic love him. If they aren't the AD sweepstakes winner, they very well might be performing the necessary cap gyrations for Vuc.

Or say Golden State comes knocking, because they are going to fill that Durant salary slot before they sign Klay. Or maybe Philly jumps in on him. Or Brooklyn. Or the Clippers. Or Dallas (to create the most Euro team in the Americas). Or Atlanta.

On that Dallas idea, they could do Vucevic and Bojan. Anyway, I think he's going to have a lot of options.
    Can you play Vucevic and Horford together? That's a potential issue.

Anyway, I doubt Boston will be outbid for AD, but they'll have to let Tatum go (along with, likely, Horford for salary reasons) to do so. I get that everyone loves Tatum, but to land AD, I'd jettison him in a minute. Tatum may or not be the next Paul Pierce, and gamble on the latter were I Ainge.

A definite YES from me on the Vucevic/Bojan Dallas idea from me. Love it, but hate it for Indy. Still not counting Indy out on retaining Bojan, but doubtful that they'll be able to retain both Bojan and Tyreke. But, considering Collison and Joseph are both free agents, you never know. Thad Young appears to be the odd man out in Indy. Perhaps Brooklyn will take him back.

Lastly, the Kings and Pelicans, depending upon the return for the inevitable AD trade, could also be in play for Vucevic.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

The Phoenix Frankensteins have fired Igor.
    I'd like to know how they could come to the conclusion that Igor can't coach after one season with, let's face it, an injury-riddled, unbalanced roster. Then again, we ALL know that Sarver -- the REAL problem with the Phoenix Suns -- doesn't know what he's doing.

Kind of sad to see a well-respected franchise that has assembled multiple contending cores in the past -- And I'll argue would have a championship banner in '93 had they not lost Cedric Ceballos to injury in the '93 WCF -- become a total clown show.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-23-2019)

Turner, Harkless and Leonard are all on expiring deals next year that they might be able to ball up for a scoring forward. I'd try to keep Aminu, but it won't be easy (a lot teams are going to want him). The Dame-CJ window might not be open past 20-21. With Golden State potentially losing Durant, I think they owe it to themselves (and fans like you) to make a play for next year.
    Why would the Dame/C.J. window not be open past 20-21?

Dame isn't going anywhere. His word is Gold...always has been, and he's stated a million times that he's a Blazer for life. Nothing can change that. He has more integrity than any player in the NBA. If C.J. chooses to leave, that's fine. He's replaceable.

Layman is their Scoring Wing of the near future. He is bona fide and legitimate. He will be Starting opposite Zach Collins in 20-21. That's tremendous firepower, Defense and Rebounding. You can write all of this down just like you could have written down when I said at the beginning of each season that the Blazers would finish 3rd or better in the West the last two years. Blazers are looking for reserves, not starters. They are set there. Next season's C and Wing Starters are the only questions to transition to the return of Nurkic and the starting Wing spot for Zach.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-23-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-23-2019)

I really can't see a close game tonight. "3"'s won't fall for OKC, they should fall for POR, and the pressure of Game 5 should make most of the players other than Adams, George, Dame, Chief, Moe and C.J. succumb to the pressure.

Final:

OKC 96
    POR 108
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Can you play Vucevic and Horford together? That's a potential issue.
    I'd go with absolutely yes. Both have shooting range and passing skills. Horford's more of big power forward than a true center.

Anyway, I doubt Boston will be outbid for AD, but they'll have to let Tatum go (along with, likely, Horford for salary reasons) to do so. I get that everyone loves Tatum, but to land AD, I'd jettison him in a minute. Tatum may or not be the next Paul Pierce, and gamble on the latter were I Ainge.
    A lot hinges on Kyrie. If he's staying, then Ainge probably makes his maximum offer for AD. If he isn't, then Ainge might be PG shopping. I also think there's going to be some tasty offers from teams we don't expect.

A definite YES from me on the Vucevic/Bojan Dallas idea from me. Love it, but hate it for Indy. Still not counting Indy out on retaining Bojan, but doubtful that they'll be able to retain both Bojan and Tyreke. But, considering Collison and Joseph are both free agents, you never know. Thad Young appears to be the odd man out in Indy. Perhaps Brooklyn will take him back.
    Got to figure Bojan's going to be hot. For instance, wouldn't surprise me if LeBron covets him. Young could be a nice PF option for a number of contenders. And I expect Dallas to be moving and shaking this summer.

Lastly, the Kings and Pelicans, depending upon the return for the inevitable AD trade, could also be in play for Vucevic.
    Always been hard to attract free agents to those cities. Yet both have interesting rosters (Pels more interesting if Randle stays).
    Last edited by M2; 04-24-2019 at 12:13 AM.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-23-2019)

Why would the Dame/C.J. window not be open past 20-21?

Dame isn't going anywhere. His word is Gold...always has been, and he's stated a million times that he's a Blazer for life. Nothing can change that. He has more integrity than any player in the NBA. If C.J. chooses to leave, that's fine. He's replaceable.

Layman is their Scoring Wing of the near future. He is bona fide and legitimate. He will be Starting opposite Zach Collins in 20-21. That's tremendous firepower, Defense and Rebounding. You can write all of this down just like you could have written down when I said at the beginning of each season that the Blazers would finish 3rd or better in the West the last two years. Blazers are looking for reserves, not starters. They are set there. Next season's C and Wing Starters are the only questions to transition to the return of Nurkic and the starting Wing spot for Zach.
    They're only signed through 20-21. Maybe they'll sign extensions, but I'm not counting that chicken before it hatches. Yet they're both in their 30s after the 20-21 season. So, the clock is ticking that way too. Window doesn't stay open forever. Their timeline is now.

We've been over Layman and Collins, no. Hard no. As no as no gets. They're second unit dudes. The last time we did this Collins had gone a couple of weeks without scoring a field goal. Layman has played 7 minutes total in four playoff games so far. That's the exact opposite of bona fide. It's like you're rooting for your team to be worse off. Hey GSW, with your Splash Brothers and whatever tastiness replaces KD, we've got Jake Layman. Please.

You've watched your baseball count on vapor for years. Don't be like the Reds. Get one plus scoring forward and go for it.

As for tonight's game, Dame and CJ have been dominating the series. I assume OKC tries to stop CJ. Adams has been blah all series (should be dominating in the middle) and Dennis Schroder needs to have his theoretical unconscious game tonight. Portland should end it here. I think the biggest overlooked factor is Stotts > Donovan.

P.S. In recent months, you were also talking up how the Pistons could take the Sixers if they met up and that the Pacers would be tough for the Celtics.
    Last edited by M2; 04-23-2019 at 06:25 PM.

The Raptors and Sixers are making sure their games never get close to interesting.

No Blake Griffin changed everything.

Boston started putting it together the last two weeks of the regular season. Everyone in the country had doubts up to that point.

I won't say I told you so at the end of the 20-21 season. I'll just post a picture of me wearing my Championship shirt with Layman as a Starter and Zach as a Starter.

These 1st Quarter efforts tonight by the road teams reinforce why the 1st Round in the NBA needs to be Best-of-Five.

Wow! A generation ago.
    Placing this into perspective, Scott Williams started at PF next to Ervin Johnson (1993 Draftee from University of New Orleans) at Center. No way to run that lineup out in today’s NBA.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-23-2019),M2 (04-23-2019)

These 1st Quarter efforts tonight by the road teams reinforce why the 1st Round in the NBA needs to be Best-of-Five.
    Yup. Been saying this for quite awhile. Better chance for upsets, too. That change and the ridiculous one-and-done rule were horrible David Stern-led, early-to-mid aught decisions.

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-23-2019)

I won't say I told you so at the end of the 20-21 season.
    You'll have no opportunity to do it if you're counting on Layman and Collins.

You'll have no opportunity to do it if you're counting on Layman and Collins.
    It will be fun to find out.

Turn Off Ads?