Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    How was that Cousins guy tonight?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Golden State win next year?

Ha!

They can't even win this year.
    Bro...ur quiet until the Dubs lose. It's funny how you say Portland woulda won that series if healthy...LOL...the Dubs won that series without KD. Sit down homer!!!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Nets clear cap space today with the trade of Crabbe...loading up for Kyrie and KD according to Windhorst. Nets now have 2 max slots along with the Nets. I think the Nets will let Russell walk chasing bigger fish.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    After looking more closely at their salary situation, they're not going to be able to fill $30MM, but I still think they can get what they need. It's pretty unlikely that they could keep Boogie as the max they can offer him is 20% more than the $5M he made this year. Unless they can work some sign and trades, it's unlikely that they would get one of the Marquee FAs.

They'll probably cut Livingston to free up some money. Then I could see them going after guys like Rudy Gay or Wilson Chandler. Not the most inspiring names, but I don't think the Warriors need a ton to stay on top. They provide a lot of defensive versatility and the ability to hit open 3s. More than anything I think they just need reliable guys that they can count on to hit open shots and make the right play. I think that if you swapped either of those guys for Durant, it's still the best team in the NBA.
    I'm vague on the arcana of signing rules, but can't they make a few moves and then sign Klay for the max? Because they can be down around $82M.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    There's some interesting guys in the PF market - Tobias Harris, Julius Randle, Thaddeus Young, JaMychal Green, Nikola Mirotic, Marcus Morris.
    I like Randle. He always goes under the radar.

The Warriors have proven to be the perfect place for the guy going into a prove it year who is also looking for a ring. There’s some good bargains in that space

First domino has fallen, as predicted by someone here:

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Taurean Prince has been traded to the Nets in a deal involving Allen Crabbe and multiple draft picks.

The Nets acquire a reliable 25-year-old forward on a very favorable deal, as Prince is owed a modest $3.5 million next season. That's roughly $15 million less than Crabbe was owed, setting up Brooklyn to aggressively pursue the biggest free agents available this summer -- Kyrie Irving may be at the top of the list, and the interest appears mutual. DeMarre Carroll and Jared Dudley are both unrestricted free agents this summer, while Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is restricted, so adding Prince also gives them some insurance at the forward spots.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    The Nets clear cap space today with the trade of Crabbe...loading up for Kyrie and KD according to Windhorst. Nets now have 2 max slots along with the Nets. I think the Nets will let Russell walk chasing bigger fish.
    Missed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Bro...ur quiet until the Dubs lose. It's funny how you say Portland woulda won that series if healthy...LOL...the Dubs won that series without KD. Sit down homer!!!
    The Blazers had five times the injuries and still led by double-digits the last three games.

Nobody said more often as earky as I said that the Warriors would not win a Championship this year. They were bound not continue their great lucky streak for another year.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-06-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Nobody said more often as earky as I said that the Warriors would not win a Championship this year. They were bound not continue their great lucky streak for another year.
    Congrats on predicting historically bad injury luck, because that's the only thing keeping them from another easy championship. The idea that they're a product of luck is silly. If you want to say that their first championship was only because of Cavs injuries, that's debatable, but not crazy. But they would have won the next year if not for Steph being injured all playoffs and Draymond getting suspended for punching Lebron in the nuts. They were clearly the best team the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First domino has fallen, as predicted by someone here:

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Taurean Prince has been traded to the Nets in a deal involving Allen Crabbe and multiple draft picks.

The Nets acquire a reliable 25-year-old forward on a very favorable deal, as Prince is owed a modest $3.5 million next season. That's roughly $15 million less than Crabbe was owed, setting up Brooklyn to aggressively pursue the biggest free agents available this summer -- Kyrie Irving may be at the top of the list, and the interest appears mutual. DeMarre Carroll and Jared Dudley are both unrestricted free agents this summer, while Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is restricted, so adding Prince also gives them some insurance at the forward spots.

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
    Fascinating trade. First, Atlanta's collecting draft picks, but not exactly good draft picks. They've still got a healthy pile of money they can spend. So they might still be players in free agency.

Yet the Nets now have two max slots and Prince. Don't sleep on Prince. He can play. It means the Nets have Prince, Caris LeVert and Joe Harris stacked at SF. You can make the argument that you can never have too many wings, but it also means they can make another deal. I've thought they've potentially got one of the best offers for AD. Now I'm even more convinced. I'm shipping AD + Kyrie to Brooklyn.

Missed that.

- - - Updated - - -

The Blazers had five times the injuries and still led by double-digits the last three games.

Double digit lead the last 3 games, and still choked it all away without the Dubs having KD. saying who isnt going to win a chip is pretty tough man! 5X the injuries...lol...the Blazers had 10 players hurt?

KD > all Blazers injuries combined

And those double-digit leads translated to zero-digit wins. From here until the end of time, they swept your team.

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-06-2019)

Man...its OK to say your team lost to a better team. It doesnt make you any less of a fan!

These people threatening to kill the GSW’s owner’s wife because she talked to Jay-Z...how does one become that broken?

16. Likes:

Chip R (06-11-2019),dubc47834 (06-07-2019),Hillsdale87 (06-07-2019),Kingspoint (06-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Fascinating trade. First, Atlanta's collecting draft picks, but not exactly good draft picks. They've still got a healthy pile of money they can spend. So they might still be players in free agency.

Yet the Nets now have two max slots and Prince. Don't sleep on Prince. He can play. It means the Nets have Prince, Caris LeVert and Joe Harris stacked at SF. You can make the argument that you can never have too many wings, but it also means they can make another deal. I've thought they've potentially got one of the best offers for AD. Now I'm even more convinced. I'm shipping AD + Kyrie to Brooklyn.
    Love grabbing Price from Atlanta for Brooklyn.

Would a sign-and-trade Caris LaVert, Joe Harris, sign-and-trade D'Angelo Russell, and draft picks for Anthony Davis deal work, or is that too rich?

Is that any better than all the Laker's young blood? The Brandon Ingram whispers are either a smoke screen pushing LA to offer up a package, or a hint that he's the biggest piece in a deal.

The Knick's hypothetical offer of RJ Barrett (who is being extremely undervalued by drafting circles), Kevin Knox, Mitchell Robinson, and draft picks plus trade ballast is incredibly intriguing too. Barrett at wing with Williamson at PF, with Holliday and a rim-running, defensive-minded Robinson could score a whole bunch. They'd need another wing-- as seemingly always. (Darius Miller should get a longer leash-- but he has to play better D than last year.)

I'm not sure if I don't want Barrett over any other piece, including Jason Tatum. He's Rudy Gay with a (much) higher ceiling. Tatum is a PF/ SF 'tweener, IMO, in a land where ridiculously talented PF are a dime a dozen.

Russell back to the Lakers on a max deal. I need this.

Posted by GMan83201 on Jun 6, 2019 | 2:38 PM

A scene from the fictional world in which LeBron isn't the Laker GM:

LeBron: "Alright, Rob. Last season was a mulligan, but I signed a four-year deal because I knew it would take a little time. Clean slate. Who’ve you got for me?"

Pelinka: "Oh…that. Yeah…"

LeBron: "Anthony Davis? Haha—you know how much I’ve been wanting to play with my fellow Klutc—er, a big man of his caliber."

Pelinka: "No…no. Not Anthony…"

LeBron: "Is it KD? Ooh, or Kawhi—love his laugh, man. Cracks me up."

Pelinka: "…I don’t really know how to put this—"

LeBron: "Ah #$%*, you signed Kyrie, didn’t you? Hmm, well, I can work with it. I think he learned his lesson, and I appreciated his call last season. Showed a lot of maturity. Let’s get the whole gang back together—pretty sure JR is available."

Pelinka: "So let’s say, hypothetically, we traded away a player to help make room for you, then drafted his replacement, then his replacement wasn’t really better, and then we re-signed that first guy but gave him a max contract. Great move or greatest move?"

LeBron: "…"

Pelinka: "IT WAS MAGIC’S IDEA!"

Posted by Roy Wonder on Jun 6, 2019 | 6:44 PM

19. Likes:

Chip R (06-11-2019),Revering4Blue (06-08-2019)

Turn Off Ads?