Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Re: NBA 2018-19, Part IV: Pete and Threepeat are sitting on a fence

Clippers showing some fight! Curry just knocked down a huge 3 though, with a minute to go.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Shamet for the lead!

Also Lou Williams is my absolute favorite player on a team I don’t root for. Love that dude.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (04-16-2019)

Wow they did it. 31 points down and the Clips come all the way back to absolutely rob game 2 from GS.

6. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-16-2019)

Boogie isn't a good defender by any measure, but he eats a whole bunch of space in the paint. If he's out for a significant amount of time the Wars have probs. Bogut is old and whatev, and Looney and co aren't legit NBA bigs. They're gonna get demolished in the paint if Boogie is out.

Not to say they can just launch 3s and win, but that's prolly what it's gonna take to get a championship this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Boogie isn't a good defender by any measure, but he eats a whole bunch of space in the paint. If he's out for a significant amount of time the Wars have probs. Bogut is old and whatev, and Looney and co aren't legit NBA bigs. They're gonna get demolished in the paint if Boogie is out.

Not to say they can just launch 3s and win, but that's prolly what it's gonna take to get a championship this year.
    I mean they’ve won championships with that same formula, so it shouldn’t matter that much losing him. But something is off with this Warriors team. No previous version of the Warriors loses this game or honestly even lets it get close.

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-16-2019)

I think the Clips demonstrated they belong in these playoffs.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-16-2019),Kingspoint (04-16-2019),Revering4Blue (04-16-2019)

Doc Rivers coached teams play all out. Clips have all kinds of flaws and probably have no business being here, but I'm still tuned in watching them give the Warriors everything they can handle.
    As much as PHI, they are a team that would improve as the playoffs went deeper because they have had so little time playing together. Unfortunately, they got the GSW in the 1st (and BOS gets their 2019 draft pick because it was only top-14 protected).

Got to mention this:

In two playoff games, the lineup of Embiid-Harris-Redick-Butler-Simmons has 19 minutes together (Brent Brown: take notice and play them together more) and a Net Rating of 72.0!

Per NBA stats, OKC has the 5-man lineup with the most playing time together:

1. 919 minutes: George-Adams-Ferguson-Grant-Westbrook
    2. 852 minutes: Augustine-Vucevic-Fournier-Isaac-Gordon
    3. 744 minutes: Aminu-Harkless-Nurkic-Lillard-McCollum
    4. 597 minutes: Lopez-Giannis-Middleton-Bledsoe-Brogdon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wow they did it. 31 points down and the Clips come all the way back to absolutely rob game 2 from GS.
    I can't believe I missed it. I was watching it through three.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

13. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-16-2019)

Cousins tore his left quad

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Cousins tore his left quad
    That actually makes the Warriors a much better team. He was their weakest link and now it's gone. Rarely did he ever not have a negative +/-. That's almost impossible to accomplish when you play with the Warriors' Starters a lot.

I wish he hadn't gotten hurt. I wish he'd been in there continuing to be a liability.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 04-16-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

16. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-16-2019)

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Losing Cousins does absolutely nothing for the Warriors. If anything it makes them better!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Ready for GM2 of Blazers/Thunder!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Losing Cousins does absolutely nothing for the Warriors. If anything it makes them better!
    I thought I was reading my post.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I thought I was reading my post.
    LOL...yeah, I saw that after I posted it. But I think its true!
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    LOL...yeah, I saw that after I posted it. But I think its true!
    He was like the elephant in the room, literally, that the players couldn't address. Now they can go back to Warriors' basketball.

NBA specially flew in Scott Foster as lead official for game 2. He didn't ref game 1m Foster is the most biased official against Portland. I predict two quick fouls against Kanter.

Turn Off Ads?