Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

Re: Star Wars IX: The Rise of Skywalker

I also finally got around to it on Disney+ and it was meh. Wasn't much of a fan of the new trilogy at all. Neither Rey or Kylo ever won me over. Hard to put my finger on it but I was just never sold.

Rogue One was amazing tho. Jyn was awesome, and K2 and Cassian were both memorable. Krennic was an great villain as well. That movie felt like Star Wars. The new trilogy not so much.

2. Likes:

Big Klu (05-07-2020)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I also finally got around to it on Disney+ and it was meh. Wasn't much of a fan of the new trilogy at all. Neither Rey or Kylo ever won me over. Hard to put my finger on it but I was just never sold.

Rogue One was amazing tho. Jyn was awesome, and K2 and Cassian were both memorable. Krennic was an great villain as well. That movie felt like Star Wars. The new trilogy not so much.
    I also put R1 above the final trilogy. I did like (but didn't love) VII and IX. However, those three films all felt "Disney-fied." I suspect that when you purchase a property for billions of dollars, every decision gets run through a committee, which makes it tend to average rather than exceptional.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post

This sums it up for me exactly, except I still haven't bothered to watch Star Wars IX (or Solo).

Star Wars VII was sort of OK, except I kept having the feeling that I had seen this movie before (back in 1977 when it was just called Star Wars).

Rogue One was pretty good, though -- as you said, it felt like Star Wars. (The Peter Cushing cameo was a little creepy, though.)

Star Wars VIII was pretty uninspiring and uneventful for me, and was the film that caused me to finally break away from the franchise. And if you had told me when I was a kid that they would make a full-length feature movie about Han Solo and I wouldn't be interested in seeing it, I would have thought you were crazy.

As you said, the new trilogy never really felt like Star Wars to me, and I noticed something was wrong almost immediately into my first viewing of Star Wars VII. (I actually saw it twice.) What was it, you might ask? The absence of the 20th Century Fox fanfare. It just didn't feel right -- almost like a disturbance in the Force.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

You might like the below. On Fallon's show, Tariq Trotter did an alphabetic Star Wars rap. I hope it works..I don't know how to imbed a video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rYg_eFawxqs

I watched the last two of these, I didn’t hate it. Certainly better than the prequels.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

9. Likes:

M2 (05-07-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I watched the last two of these, I didn’t hate it. Certainly better than the prequels.
    There are 3 more coming...just for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    There are 3 more coming...just for you.
    3 more?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    3 more?
    Just announced a couple weeks ago. A new trilogy featuring Rey Skywalker and the New Jedi Order.

Quote Originally Posted by LeatherPants View Post
    Just announced a couple weeks ago. A new trilogy featuring Rey Skywalker and the New Jedi Order.
    I saw the announcement, but I do not believe they stated it was a trilogy. There were 3 movies announced, but they are separate movies, I believe. One is going to be about Rey, one is going take place like 10,000 years before current timeline, and the other is going to be the culmination of the "Mandoverse"

Unless, I missed something about a trilogy being announced, if so, I would like to learn more. From what I have heard, though, Disney is staying away from trilogies at this point.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

14. Likes:

LeatherPants (05-08-2023)

Turn Off Ads?