Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Is India a bust?

Re: Is India a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    He absolutely was and I do consider him an impact player and a great player to build a winner around. But my point still stands, that’s not enough. Just for example look at the Astros, Cubs and Braves. Those teams came out of their rebuilds with multiple impact guys around the same age.
    Correa Bergman springer and other prospects they used to trade for impact veterans, when the time was right
    Bryant almora baez Russell schearber and guys like Torres they flipped for World Series help
    Acuna albies Swanson Riley and 10 pitching prospects.
    Astros and Braves were also caught cheating... and the Cubs can spend a crapload of money and not bat an eye.
    but yes if some of these guys don't turn it around it would set the Reds back even further.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Disagree, it's average at worst, but I also don't think it's all sunshine and lollipops.
    This season is going about as poorly as it could go on the farm. I'm desperately hoping for a pile of flourishes along with strong debuts for this draft class. If that doesn't happen, it's a fairly barren landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I also think folks are giving Tram’s nosedive too much of a pass. I look at his yearly OPS’s and it’s all dependent on obp. His slugging has been pretty mediocre outside of the one year he hit 13 homers. As a corner OF he can’t have this lack of power and be a quality every day player. Vander asked Doug on twitter a couple of days ago about Tram and all Doug said was “same problem it’s been for over a year - no power” or something similar. The lack of power should be setting of alarms IMHO.
    I'm not worried about his power at this juncture. He's 21. I am worried about his BA. If the BA/OB is good, he'll have at least some power given his frame. His "power" problem is he's hitting .238 and it's taken his doubles/triples into the tank with it.

---------------------------------------------------

Since this is an India thread, I still don't know what to make of the guy. Got nothing to do with being a hit or a bust. I just can't get a fix on exactly what he is. His abilities seem to be in a perpetual state of peekaboo. I don't know what he's good at. I don't know what he's bad at.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Astros and Braves were also caught cheating... and the Cubs can spend a crapload of money and not bat an eye.
    but yes if some of these guys don't turn it around it would set the Reds back even further.
    The Reds need to cheat then. Those teams got slapped on the wrist, still competing in the postseason so it’s a win.
    Also, Padres and White Sox have come out of their rebuilds absolutely loaded. Excuses don’t change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    He absolutely was and I do consider him an impact player and a great player to build a winner around. But my point still stands, that’s not enough. Just for example look at the Astros, Cubs and Braves. Those teams came out of their rebuilds with multiple impact guys around the same age.
    Correa Bergman springer and other prospects they used to trade for impact veterans, when the time was right
    Bryant almora baez Russell schearber and guys like Torres they flipped for World Series help
    Acuna albies Swanson Riley and 10 pitching prospects.
    The reason we whiffed so hard was the return on the traded assets. We got absolutely zilch for trading Cueto, Chapman, Frazier and Bruce. That is ASTOUNDING if you think about it. It's the reason I've been so out on this regime for the last four years. They made a few good trades (Straily and Simon in particular), but to go 0-4 in trading your 4 best assets, that is the reason we don't look like the Astros, Braves, or even the White Sox. Oh and also because we blew three years of our international budget on Alf Rodriguez and Vlad Gutierrez. It's not because "they cheated."

All that said, I'm still more optimistic now then I've been in the last four years. I'm still a big believer that Hunter Greene and Taylor Trammell will amount to something meaningful. I'm less sure about India, the topic of this thread, but not anywhere close to ready to write him off. I'm also a fan of this year's draft. Let's see where we are this time next year. My gut is we should be in a pretty decent place.
    Last edited by Benihana; 06-07-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    The reason we whiffed so hard was the return on the traded assets. We got absolutely zilch for trading Cueto, Chapman, Frazier and Bruce. That is ASTOUNDING if you think about it. It's the reason I've been so out on this regime for the last four years. They made a few good trades (Straily and Simon in particular), but to go 0-4 in trading your 4 best assets, that is the reason we don't look like the Astros, Braves, or even the White Sox. Oh and also because we blew three years of our international budget on Alf Rodriguez and Vlad Gutierrez. It's not because "they cheated."

All that said, I'm still more optimistic now then I've been in the last four years. I'm still a big believer that Hunter Greene and Taylor Trammell will amount to something meaningful. I'm less sure about India, the topic of this thread, but not anywhere close to ready to write him off. I'm also a fan of this year's draft. Let's see where we are this time next year. My gut is we should be in a pretty decent place.
    Oh you are completely right. I was just speaking from a current standpoint. But the return we got for Chapman was deflating and borderline malpractice. Especially to see what they flopped him for. And yes, we got zero long term return for any of those assets. If it wasn’t for the Simon and straily returns we would be in deeeeeep trouble.

Good night by India. 3-5 with a HR. OPS back up to 783
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

Alabama (06-08-2019),Edd Roush (06-08-2019),JCM11 (06-07-2019),OhioRiverBarge (06-08-2019),RiverRat13 (06-08-2019),Tom Servo (06-07-2019)

Came in at #35 on Baseball Prospectus midseason rankings.

I can’t link at the moment but it was an interesting list.

India was higher than Kirilloff, Graeterol, Matt Manning, Dylan Carlson and Alec Bohm.

10. Likes:

BillDoran (07-08-2019)

I like India but being above Manning is cray cray.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Yeah that’s a bizarre ranking IMO
    Go BLUE!!!

Interesting to note that India was moved up the leadoff spot yesterday (he's there again today), and even more interesting to note he's playing 2B tonight.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

14. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-08-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Interesting to note that India was moved up the leadoff spot yesterday (he's there again today), and even more interesting to note he's playing 2B tonight.
    Perhaps Scooter's barnstorming 2019 debut in addition to the FLAWLESS VICTORY that is Peraza 2019 has them thinking India might be needed there long-term.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I think it can only help that he has experience at multiple positions. That's one thing I loved about Milwaukee when they were the Power's parent club. You'd have the same 6-10 guys starting but they'd be all over the place. Marte would primarily play CF but usually about once a week he'd be at RF and LF. And they did that with almost everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?