Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is India a bust?

Bleeding Red in the South SoTxRedsFan's Avatar

Re: Is India a bust?

On April 19th 2017 Nick Senzel was sitting at this line after his first few weeks of the FSL .259/.310/.315/.625
    On April 18th 2019 Jon India is sitting at this line after his first few weeks of the FSL .254/.343/.390/.733

Nick struck out NINE times his first 7 games with Daytona.
    Last edited by SoTxRedsFan; 04-18-2019 at 04:24 PM.

2. Likes:

M2 (04-18-2019),Vander (04-18-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I can't even believe this is up for debate at this point.

5. Likes:

Old school 1983 (04-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by SoTxRedsFan View Post
    On April 19th 2017 Nick Senzel was sitting at this line after his first few weeks of the FSL .259/.310/.315/.625
    On April 18th 2019 Jon India is sitting at this line after his first few weeks of the FSL .254/.343/.390/.733

Nick struck out NINE times his first 7 games with Daytona.
    So we can compare Jonathan India to Nick Senzel.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    So we can compare Jonathan India to Nick Senzel.
    You can compare Taylor Trammell to Willy Mays. But why would you?

To me, Senzel and India are a lot different. If Senzel was drafted by the Orioles would we be comparing India to him?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

8. Likes:

Vander (04-18-2019)

This could turn out to be a classic Redzone thread. I’m not completely sold on India, but he’s getting going. Hope we can bring this thread up after 2 triple crowns 10 all star games 7 gold gloves and a couple MVP’s. #IndianSpice

10. Likes:

HokieRed (04-19-2019),M2 (04-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You can compare Taylor Trammell to Willy Mays. But why would you?

To me, Senzel and India are a lot different. If Senzel was drafted by the Orioles would we be comparing India to him?
    If Senzel were drafted by the Orioles, he wouldn't have played at Daytona in his age 22 season. Yet, even if that's the case, SEC 3B and top 5 pick playing at A+ ball in his age 22 season would still be a good benchmark for a comparison.

Do you think India sucks and he's just going to fail miserably getting compared to Senzel's mighty .847 OPS at that level? Because they best not be THAT different if India's going to be a legit prospect.

If Senzel were drafted by the Orioles, he wouldn't have played at Daytona in his age 22 season. Yet, even if that's the case, SEC 3B and top 5 pick playing at A+ ball in his age 22 season would still be a good benchmark for a comparison.

Do you think India sucks and he's just going to fail miserably getting compared to Senzel's mighty .847 OPS at that level? Because they best not be THAT different if India's going to be a legit prospect.
    No, I think India is going to succeed, I’m not sure if he’s going to match Senzel, and frankly I don’t think he needs to.

If India gets out of Daytona with around an 800 OPS+ mission accomplished.

Delete...

No, I think India is going to succeed, I’m not sure if he’s going to match Senzel, and frankly I don’t think he needs to.

If India gets out of Daytona with around an 800 OPS+ mission accomplished.
    All right, now you're acknowledging basic nuance. Absolutely right he doesn't need to match Senzel. But when did the word "compare" indicate some stupid binary where you have to be at least as good as Senzel or you're not a prospect. No, you just compare guys at the same age, at the same level and with the same backgrounds to get an understanding of their relative value. 90% of Senzel is probably still a fine hitter.

I swear we waste more time on stuff like getting worked up over nonsense like not being able to use Senzel and India in the same sentence. If you can't compare those two then you pretty much can't compare anyone to anyone else.
    Last edited by M2; 04-19-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

All right, now you're acknowledging basic nuance. Absolutely right he doesn't need to match Senzel. But when did the word "compare" indicate some stupid binary where you have to be at least as good as Senzel or you're not a prospect. No, you just compare guys at the same age, at the same and with the same backgrounds to get an understanding of their relative value. 90% of Senzel is probably still a fine hitter.

I swear we waste more time on stuff like getting worked up over nonsense like not being able to use Senzel and India in the same sentence. If you can't compare those two then you pretty much can't compare anyone to anyone else.
    To be clear, I was never worked up over the comparison...

I was worked up over folks already asking if India is a bust, tho.

To be clear, I was never worked up over the comparison...

I was worked up over folks already asking if India is a bust, tho.
    Obviously he's not. But we've all had conversations with people and most of us don't pick our phrasing like we're under oath. Like, do we have to get all Doug about it?

Obviously he's not. But we've all had conversations with people and most of us don't pick our phrasing like we're under oath. Like, do we have to get all Doug about it?
    Who?

19. Likes:

M2 (04-18-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Who?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Over last 9 games, India at .324/.410/.559/.969

22. Likes:

Edd Roush (04-19-2019)

Turn Off Ads?