Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is India a bust?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Is India a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Over last 9 games, India at .324/.410/.559/.969
    Bust.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

BoxingRed (04-20-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Bust.
    Hall of Fame Bust.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Bust.
    Just .969?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Just .969?
    Anything under 1.000 is unacceptable.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

corkedbat (04-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Is this sarcasm? I read this to be real and went to check his line this year and he is slashing .318/.367/.409 on the young season. Not much power, but more than he has shown professionally in the past.
    .362 slugging percentage so far in his professional career, so no it wasn’t sarcasm. Neither India nor Madrigal (who many on here preferred, although I didn’t see it given his size and lack of power in college) have done much in their professional careers so far to cause enthusiasm for their top 10 selection, but at least India seems dialed in in the last 10 days. Needless to say, it’s still ridiculously early to make judgment on either player.
    Go BLUE!!!

Hmmm since India has started hitting the doubters seemed to have cleared out...

I am sure he will be up and down a bit as prospects do from time to time however the thing I liked about India coming out of college was the continual improvement at the college level.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'm not really worried about India, but Fairchild on the other hand... Something tells me the only bust ever made of him will be on these and other forums, not in Cooperstown.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I believe the Reds see him as the 2B of the future. 1B Votto 2B India SS Peraza 3B Suarez LF Trammell CF Senzel RF Winker
    By the time Trammel and India are in the lineup Votto will be riding the pine.

12. Likes:

Spanky (04-23-2019)

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TNRED View Post
    Both could be in Cincinnati next year. Do you think Votto and his $20M+ salary are going to be on the bench for the last four years of his deal?

April has traditionally been Votto's worst month of the season. It is way too early to start counting out Votto.

It's okay Dietrich will be coming off of his 2nd 40 HR season with the reds and will be ready to be the full time 1B at the ripe age of 31.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

India is fine. Is Alejo Lopez not seen as a likely prospect? He is listed as a 3rd Basemen, but has been playing 2nd Base with India.

I think Trammell will be in the line-up in 2020. Maybe not at the beginning, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get 400 big league PAs next year. He'll finish 2019 in AAA and it won't be long after that. The Reds OF is a hot mess and has been for years. Unless he completely collapses, he'll be there. India may take another year.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    ... India may take another year.
    Or four if they go the Senzel route. I hope he gets a discount on gloves because he might be needing a bunch of them.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Or four if they go the Senzel route. I hope he gets a discount on gloves because he might be needing a bunch of them.
    The Senzel route is 3.... he was drafted in 2016. And that's with a lot of injuries.

I'm really hoping India finishes the year in AA (at least). He's 14 months older than Trammell. There's no reason (other than performance) why he can't be at the same level as TT by end of season.

1/3 today. Up to .271 and .732 OPS. .316 for his last 10 games.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

19. Likes:

HammerTime (04-23-2019)

Doug Gray
    ‏ @dougdirt24

Just wrote this one up in the Patreon email about Jonathan India:

After starting the season going 1-17, he's hitting .328/.391/.517 in 15 games.

Every day this gets a little more funny asking if a guy with 230 minor league at bats is a bust.

21. Likes:

BillDoran (04-25-2019),BoxingRed (04-25-2019),RedsfaninMT (04-25-2019),RedTeamGo! (04-25-2019),WrongVerb (04-25-2019)

Turn Off Ads?