Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Alex Wood

Re: Alex Wood

I think there are some of the large market teams who would cough up up $8-$10 million on a one year flyer to see if Wood can bounce back. And they may tag a second year team option for $12 million if he pans out. If the Reds can get him cheaper, then great. But I would concentrate on locking up/extending Castillo, and possibly seeing if they can lock Bauer in for another season (see if he is serious about the one-year deals).
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

2. Likes:

DocRed (10-10-2019),Griffey012 (10-08-2019),Revering4Blue (10-08-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

I don’t suppose you could pay him by the game ... have him clock in and out.

5. Likes:

DocRed (10-10-2019),REDREAD (10-10-2019)

Sheldon says it would "probably" be a minor league deal. Sign me up if that's true (and he's healthy), but not holding my breath.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/...d-fish-dj.html

7. Likes:

Edd Roush (10-10-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Sheldon says it would "probably" be a minor league deal. Sign me up if that's true (and he's healthy), but not holding my breath.

The only problem is that "minor league contracts" like that often have the undertone of : "You will be on the opening day roster and get 10 starts to prove yourself".. Jason Marquis was also signed to a minor league deal..
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post

I'd say the chances of Wood having to settle for a minor league deal are slim and none. He'll get several million and a guaranteed rotation spot from somebody.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

10. Likes:

Sea Ray (10-11-2019)

I agree with Servo. He'll get a major league deal from someone. The question is the $$. I'd give him $3-5 mill. If it works, we get a real good starter to round out the rotation for pretty cheap. If not, 3-5 milion won't kill us. A club option without a buyout for 2021 would be icing on the cake.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

12. Likes:

Boss-Hog (10-10-2019),Edd Roush (10-10-2019),Revering4Blue (10-10-2019),Sea Ray (10-11-2019),StRedlegs900 (10-10-2019),Tom Servo (10-10-2019)

Turn Off Ads?