Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Wood

Re: Alex Wood

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I think you are ignoring how good he is.
    The Dodgers gave him away for Homer Bailey. They didn't use him in the post season. Maybe we're over-rating how good he is. He's a number 4, maybe a 3 if all goes well. Can get that a lot cheaper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    A healthy Alex Wood and Yasiel Puig are never ever accepting a 1 year deal for $18M in their prime.
    Puig maybe. Wood will probably go the Gio Gonzalez route.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think the Reds play the game of extend a QO to get a draft pick. I think it is strictly a decision of whether they are willing to pay the QO amount for one year of play.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I don't think the Reds play the game of extend a QO to get a draft pick. I think it is strictly a decision of whether they are willing to pay the QO amount for one year of play.
    Agreed. I might see it in Puig's case if he has a better year than he's been having. I just can't see it with Wood. If he comes back strong, they may try to sign him for a couple of years at about what he's making now. No way do they pay him 18 Million+ for a season. I'd aim higher.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Agreed. I might see it in Puig's case if he has a better year than he's been having. I just can't see it with Wood. If he comes back strong, they may try to sign him for a couple of years at about what he's making now. No way do they pay him 18 Million+ for a season. I'd aim higher.
    You’d aim higher than Alex Wood? I couldn’t tell, you’ve only stated it 17 million times.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

mth123 (04-28-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You’d aim higher than Alex Wood? I couldn’t tell, you’ve only stated it 17 million times.
    At least somebody reads it. I didn't figure anybody did.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think the guy scheduled to take the mound tomorrow for the Mets would be a better option. but Wheeler will be expensive.

At this point I've no interest in seeing on next year's roster any of the players we've recently acquired from the Dodgers: Schebler, Peraza, Wood, Puig, Kemp, Kramer. With the possible exception of Puig, we have better alternatives across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    At this point I've no interest in seeing on next year's roster any of the players we've recently acquired from the Dodgers: Schebler, Peraza, Wood, Puig, Kemp, Kramer. With the possible exception of Puig, we have better alternatives across the board.

11. Likes:

HokieRed (04-30-2019),Kinsm (04-29-2019),StRedlegs900 (04-29-2019),The Operator (04-28-2019),TheBigLebowski (04-29-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    He did finally end his feud with Keith Hernandez!

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

13. Likes:

HokieRed (04-30-2019),RiverfrontRed (04-30-2019)

Me thinks we are not going to see Wood this season and maybe never with the Reds. There was a reason the Dodgers unloaded all of these players on the Reds and I think we are seeing that early this season. This was just the price to pay to get rid of Homer.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

15. Likes:

NebraskaRed (04-30-2019),reds77 (04-29-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I'd take Puig on a fair LTC 8 days a week. The rest of them can take a hike. Kemp makes my blood boil.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

It appears Wood is getting a second opinion on his lower back (Wednesday) ..... https://www.mlb.com/reds/news/alex-w...on-back-injury
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Figured we might as well start a thread to track where our MIA ex-Dodger is in his road to recovery (fingers crossed)

After setbacks, Wood (back) now progressing

He added in video (on Reds Twitter) that "As long as I feel good and healthy, I don't think I'll need too many starts once I get out there and get going".
    wood to get 2nd opinion? I just... I just don't understand. What gives? Why hasn't he gotten a 2nd opinion long now before this?

Quote Originally Posted by onewhojesusaved View Post
    wood to get 2nd opinion? I just... I just don't understand. What gives? Why hasn't he gotten a 2nd opinion long now before this?
    Maybe Kremchek's advice of sleeping on a board and puttin' some ice on it wasn't enough for him?

Rub some dirt RT on it, then walk it off.

Turn Off Ads?