Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Padres 4-19-19

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Reds @ Padres 4-19-19

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds @ Padres 4-19-19

So it looks like Kemp and Schebler are quasi-platooning with WInker moving between LF and CF. Kemp and Schebler splitting time makes sense. Ocne Senzel returns, both Kemp and Schebler hit the bench with regularity. With Dietrich a lefty bat on the bench, I'd shop Schebler for bullpen help.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I was posting here alone towards the end of last night’s WIN...you guys need to do better

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    So it looks like Kemp and Schebler are quasi-platooning with WInker moving between LF and CF. Kemp and Schebler splitting time makes sense. Ocne Senzel returns, both Kemp and Schebler hit the bench with regularity. With Dietrich a lefty bat on the bench, I'd shop Schebler for bullpen help.
    Schebler for bullpen help? Yeah, maybe they can get a bullpen rosin bag for him.

6. Likes:

BillDoran (04-19-2019),KYExtemper (04-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I was posting here alone towards the end of last night’s WIN...you guys need to do better
    bruh you were posting in the Dodgers/Reds game thread
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

Fil3232 (04-19-2019),GADawg (04-19-2019),Ironman92 (04-19-2019),NebraskaRed (04-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    You were in the wrong thread.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiohaybaler View Post
    Schebler for bullpen help? Yeah, maybe they can get a bullpen rosin bag for him.
    Disagree. There is a shortage of decent outfielders these days. Many teams have washed up guys and career minor leaguers out there. Schebler can run, has pop, is cheap and has multiple years of control remaining. A few teams would like him for, if nothing else, competent big league help while rebuilding and dumping off an expensive short timer. Giants come to mind. Orioles too.

Disagree. There is a shortage of decent outfielders these days. Many teams have washed up guys and career minor leaguers out there. Schebler can run, has pop, is cheap and has multiple years of control remaining. A few teams would like him for, if nothing else, competent big league help while rebuilding and dumping off an expensive short timer. Giants come to mind. Orioles too.
    You are assuming Schebler is a decent outfielder. He isn't. He can't hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    bruh you were posting in the Dodgers/Reds game thread
    That’s hilarious....don’t drink and game thread....especially on west coast trips

Quote Originally Posted by Ohiohaybaler View Post
    You are assuming Schebler is a decent outfielder. He isn't. He can't hit.
    Career .772 OPS. That's better than a lot of guys starting on many teams. Slightly above average the last three years. He's not a guy the Yankees or Red Sox would be after. He'd be an upgrade in SF, Miami, Baltimore, Maybe KC, off the top of my head. Schebler and Zach Duke (as contract ballast/placeholder) for Tony Watson. That would improve the Reds and it helps the Giants.

Let’s try this again. Reds will score 7 runs tonight.

I don't think the Giants would go for that. Watson's career record is 37-23, with a 2.66 ERA. Schebler can't hit his way out of a paper bag this year.

really hoping disco proves me wrong, but he's been awful this year. and it doesn't look like bad luck. however, it's also been a very small sample size. [disclaimer: i've never thought he was very good, so i'm probably biased. but i maintain he has looked really bad this year and i have no faith it will get better.]

I like Peraza hitting 9th. It puts him directly in front of Votto, Suarez and Puig without putting his low OBP at the top of the line-up getting extra PAs and without the pitcher making an out in between. I don't think Votto is what he once was, but he's still the guy in this line-up most likely to help a struggling guy get some stuff to hit because hes hitting behind him. I'm predicting a couple of hits for Peraza with some rallies resulting with the guys behind him.

The only change I'd make would be to drop Kemp to 6th with Casali and Winker each moving up a spot. Yeah, that's right, I'd hit Casali clean-up with a lefty on the mound.
    Last edited by mth123; 04-19-2019 at 08:14 PM.

18. Likes:

JFLegal (04-19-2019),mhs95_06 (04-19-2019)

I like Peraza hitting 9th. It puts him directly in front of Votto, Suarez and Puig without putting his low OBP at the top of the line-up getting extra PAs and without the pitcher making an out in between. I don't think Votto is what he once was, but he's still the guy in this line-up most likely to help a struggling guy get some stiff to hit because hes hitting behind him. I'm predicting a couple of hits for Peraza with some rallies resulting with the guys behind him.

The only change I'd make would be to drop Kemp to 6th with Casali and Winker each moving up a spot. Yeah, that's right, I'd hit Casali clean-up with a lefty on the mound.
    i'm a casali fan too. really like his bat.

Turn Off Ads?