Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Hold your pet a little closer tonight.

Hold your pet a little closer tonight.

We just lost our 7 year old Akita today, I’m heartbroken. We don’t have children so we pour our attention on our dog. I know everyone loses a pet and it will be fine eventually but damn it hurts now. Please give your dog or cat a little extra love for me in memory of my Pippah.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

2. Likes:

Chip R (05-07-2019),cumberlandreds (04-22-2019),dfs (04-20-2019),Kinsm (04-20-2019),marcshoe (04-20-2019),RedEye (05-02-2019),Redsfaithful (04-20-2019),Revering4Blue (04-20-2019),Roy Tucker (05-12-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hold your pet a little closer tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    We just lost our 7 year old Akita today, I’m heartbroken. We don’t have children so we pour our attention on our dog. I know everyone loses a pet and it will be fine eventually but damn it hurts now. Please give your dog or cat a little extra love for me in memory of my Pippah.
    I'm so sorry. I understand where you're coming from. Having gone through this a few times, my experience has been that I mourn the loss and it sucks...but I also am rejuvenated when I shop for and adopt that next family member, a puppy or a kitten and the circle of life goes 'round again. If this does end up being your experience, by all means, post pics of the new member of the family and share your excitement with us all. As for today, I feel your pain and yes, I'll take your advice

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-20-2019),RedEye (05-02-2019),redsfanmia (04-20-2019),Revering4Blue (04-20-2019)

Had to put down our 15-year-old basset hound this week. He was a rescue after Hurricane Katrina, to give a real sense of how old he was.

My kids are 9 and 11 so they've had this dog their entire life. It's definitely very hard.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-22-2019),Kingspoint (04-20-2019),redsfanmia (04-20-2019),Revering4Blue (04-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Had to put down our 15-year-old basset hound this week. He was a rescue after Hurricane Katrina, to give a real sense of how old he was.

My kids are 9 and 11 so they've had this dog their entire life. It's definitely very hard.
    Sorry for your loss, our house just feels empty. The end is awful but the years of joy is worth it.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

9. Likes:

Redsfaithful (04-22-2019),Revering4Blue (04-20-2019)

Very sorry to hear this. My wife and I had no children either and we called our dogs our kids. She left 4 behind when she passed and I had to put one down last year. It hurts a lot. I have three others to focus on. My condolences. I know how it feels to treat your dogs like most people treat their children.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

11. Likes:

cumberlandreds (04-22-2019),Redsfaithful (04-22-2019),redsfanmia (05-12-2019),Revering4Blue (04-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I know how you feel. My condolences to you. We don't have children and our pets have been our kids. Right now we don't have any pets as we are trying to get moved. Our last cat we had developed a bone tumor and had to put her down about two years ago. It about killed us to have to do that as she was a Bengal cat and was very vibrant and a big personality. After we finally get to a permanent home we hope to get a cat or two and dog or two. They do add so much to your life and give you countless smiles.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

13. Likes:

mth123 (05-05-2019),redsfanmia (04-22-2019)

I'm sorry for your loss. Such a tough thing to go thru.

15. Likes:

redsfanmia (05-12-2019)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Well, that just plain sucks. So sorry. I’m going to smother my cats with attention now.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

17. Likes:

redsfanmia (05-12-2019)

A hardship of having dogs is that they just don't live long enough. I'm sorry to hear this news and I'll give our old girl a big hug today to honor Pippah.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

19. Likes:

Chip R (05-13-2019),redsfanmia (05-12-2019)

Turn Off Ads?